PDA

View Full Version : change and save tunes from autocal

tryblue
March 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM
how do I remove existing tunes and save to my computer, for purposes of trying other tunes. I've purchased many tunes and would like to try other ones.

dansdieselp
March 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM
As long as its from the same tuner all you need to do is download and install v8.1 and open up EFILive explorer and look at the tune folders. You'll see the tune files pop up in the box which you can click and drag to your desktop and delete it from the box. Then copy and paste the new tunes into the box. Keep in mind the autocal can support four tunes total.

tryblue
March 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Ok would I beable to look at those tunes too. I'm kind of interested in it.

minytrker
March 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM
You wont be able to see the tunes.

tryblue
March 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM
oh I see. thanks

LBZoom
March 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Once I copy the tune file into the tunes folder for the AutoCal device, is there something I need to do to send the tunes to the AutoCal then? Thanks!

dansdieselp
March 8th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Just have the autocal plugged in to your laptop. The autocal must be linked to your V2. You'll save to tune for remote flashing and then click and drag into the autocal tune folder of your choice. That's it.

LBZoom
March 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks Dan,
only question is this.... all my devices are linked and stuff, but when I open EFILive Explorer, I can drag the tune file into place, but the only folders I have are Scan, Tune>read, I think, I don't have any other folders to drag the tune file into.... not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again man

dansdieselp
March 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Right click on the tune folder and select New Folder and name it the name of the tune. Then double click that folder and drag your tune into that big white box to the right of the folders.

LBZoom
March 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Okay good deal, thanks for the fast reply!

tryblue
March 16th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I was able to make a new folder, but was unable to take your tune and drag and drop, it comes up file is not a calibration tune file.

joecar
March 17th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I was able to make a new folder, but was unable to take your tune and drag and drop, it comes up file is not a calibration tune file.Where are you dragging from...?

tryblue
March 18th, 2012, 12:12 AM
figured it out!! files werent saved correctly my fault. thanks

JPaupst
April 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
How are files supposed to be saved when adding tune to the autocal? And is it as simple as clicking on the file going to properties and renaming with a. Ctd or. Ctz at the end or is there more to it or what?

ScarabEpic22
April 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Open a *.ctd or *.tun with V7.5 tune tool, select File->Save As. Then in the File Type, click it and select *.ctz. Click save. Then copy this new file to your AC.