PDA

View Full Version : {e0005}

TexasCummins
March 6th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Pilot Injection Quantity, Coolant Temp Multiplier (in factors).

Has anyone else modified this table? My truck would always have more get up and go on a cold start and once it warmed up it would feel a little more bogged down. According to the table once the motor warms up the modifier for pilot quantity is 5x, so I changed the entire table to 1.5 and the truck definitely has more pep when I touch the pedal, both during cold and warm driving. I haven't logged it yet to see if there's any changes but I can feel a difference.

2007 5.9
March 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM
There are a few of us who have dabbled in those tables with similar results.

GMPX
March 6th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I must confess, I have been scratching my head over the multiplier tables for a long time and triple checked the setup of them. The timing numbers in the adjustment table seem fine, but to multiply by 5 or 7 seems crazy enough I don't believe it would do it.

2007 5.9
March 6th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I must confess, I have been scratching my head over the multiplier tables for a long time and triple checked the setup of them. The timing numbers in the adjustment table seem fine, but to multiply by 5 or 7 seems crazy enough I don't believe it would do it.

This is precisely why I have asked for 'Final Timing" figures to be logged...that way we can look at what our numbers SHOULD be vs what they ACTUALLY are.

Not a poke at you Ross...but just a blanket statement.

GMPX
March 6th, 2012, 11:38 AM
But that is what you are seeing Les or maybe I am not understanding what you mean.
Just as a crude example, are you asking for something like this.

Main table timing value = 20
Coolant timing table (with multiplier) = 5
Intake timing table (with multiplier) = 5
Boost timing table (with multiplier) = 5

Final Timing = 35 total

If yes, then that is exactly what CM.INJTIM is showing you, the sum of all timing adjustment tables and main.