PDA

View Full Version : VX LS1 cooling fans

Harrismarine
March 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hi Guys, I am doing an ls1 conversion into another car and am going through the cooling fan hook up. I assume that the pins C1 42 (BLUE), AND C2 33 (RED) are just switching the earths at the relays? Am I correct?

thanks Mike

Laychut
March 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hi Mike,
The ECU does switch an earth for the cooling fans. I can not validate the pins you mentioned yet because I am out of town at the moment. I will be back tommorrow and can check those for you if need be. Though you are runing an older PCM than the one I had. I do have information on the 512mb pinouts though.

Cheers,
laychut

Harrismarine
March 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks, The pins are correct but are not switching, fan one stays on all the time, fan two will switch on but will not switch off when it gets to the set temp. :doh2:

Laychut
March 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hi Mike,
Are you able to post your tune? I can then compare it to my setup. My setup works well.

Cheers,
Laychut

Laychut
March 13th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Hi Mike,
I have taken a screen dump of how I have set my fans up. Hope it helps!

Just a quick note, I have set my fans to run on when I stop the engine if the ECT is above 100 deg C. You may not need this.

Cheers,
laychut

Harrismarine
March 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks, here is a start up tune that I loaded just to fire it, The vehicle is not drivable yet so its only a start tune