PDA

View Full Version : no go after reflash, Help!

docjones804
March 11th, 2012, 07:03 PM
So my next in line to drive has her learners permit now and she needs a "driver friendly" vehicle until I can find a car for her by the time she gets her license.... No problem, I just make a few changes to my current tune in the suburban (1997 K1500 ...411 swap, vortec 350 w/ cam, 2800 stall & gears "custom exhaust" electric fans, lifted on 33's etc. ). You know, just make it smooth for the new learner behind the wheel. This is the only automatic trans equipped vehicle that I have that she can learn to drive. So anyway, I make a few changes to timing, AFR, and some shift & converter clutch apply speeds, come home flash the computer and .........nothing......its starts for a moment then fades right out. I have flashed tunes especially in this unit countless times without any problems. I cannot figure out what the culprit is here. My theft parameter G1201 is set to "NONE" but it acts like something is telling it other wise. I'm far from a pro tuner so I'm sure there is something simple going on here. I even went back to the original tune that I started with after the 411 swap last year. No change at all. It starts right up then runs for a few seconds and shuts off. The one thing that I do have is an immediate C0500 when I cycle the ignition. I don't know how to get rid of it other than to pull the theft deterrent control module fuse prior to re-flashing but it doesn't change anything other than not setting that dtc for the short term. P1636, P1630, & P1631 are all set to "NOT REPORTED". The fuel pressure stays between 50 -60 psi. The idle air can be heard getting louder by opening until the engine finally dies. I spent my entire weekend trying to figure it all out with no luck. If I use the EFI scan tool, I can manipulate idle AFR at 9.1:1 and it will not shut off for the duration of which that is commanded. I wish I had more time to spend learning but don't have that luxury for another 18 months. I try not to bother everyone with my problems but I could really use some advice if someone wouldn't mind.
I have considered the match and 5 gallon fuel can from the garage to end the problem but that wont help my teenager drive. This one is making me
miss carburetors.
Many thanks in advance.

joecar
March 12th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Hi Doc,

So you have a 0411 swap...?

Which OS id are you using...?

Did you do a cal-only flash or a full flash...?

Can you post the last 0411 file that the vehicle was running ok on; if you flash it back to this file I take it it won't run...

docjones804
March 13th, 2012, 01:39 PM
hello joecar,
Yes it is a 0411 swap.... OS is 02020003, OS Id is v3, BCC is mod3. I performed a cal only flash originally and then the full after that at some point of my attempting to correct the issue. I have been tuning on it for about 11 months on and off and never had an issue prior to this occurrence.
I just down loaded a clean 02 express OS and full flashed it. bingo fires up and idles w/o cutting off. what did I screw up here. It sucks not being able to spend more time getting my learning curve to look less like a serrated knife. going to attempt to post the file.