PDA

View Full Version : reading tunes with autocal

romig
March 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
if a person gets an autocal will they be able to read tunes that are in current ecms like basiclly steal them....

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
If you are into stealing.........?????

Auto-Cal can read an ecm that is not locked or not flashed with a DSP5/LBZ & LMM, they are locked by EFI-LIVE due to the way the tune is flashed into the ecm.

If you want to read a stock tune then I see nothing wrong, if you want to steal someone else's hard work then I don't think many around here will appreciate you posting about it.

Just my $.02 cents

romig
March 14th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Dont worry tony I am not a thief I am worried about people stealing my hard work

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 14th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Do what I do, lock down eveything........I have for the last 6+ years, too many thieves and "Copy/Paste" tuners out there.

Now with Auto-Cal I will be revisiting my business model, I am targeting June to go from locked/ecm's/exchanged to volume tuning remotely with Auto-Cal.

I will also be restructuring my pricing to make Ridge Runner Diesel a very competitive company with regards to pricing........the competition will not be happy !!!

Good Luck, keep your hard work your own

romig
March 15th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Yea thanks ... I dont worry about the lbz,lmm stuff in dsp format but I have had trouble with lb7 ecms not leting me back in after locking