PDA

View Full Version : Question

cmcz450
March 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
After I flashed both a stock tune from tunefile and my tune from Kory at PPE, I would start my truck and it would shut off. I would start it up again and it was fine. Just curious if this is normal or not.
Thanks- Corey

2007 5.9
March 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Any lights on the dash??

cmcz450
March 15th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Nope. It just shut off and I turned it back to start again and it started up ran fine. It acted as if nothing happened. Tomorrow maybe I should flash my stock tune and log what happens before I start it?

noff
March 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
when i tried to pull my stock file off my truck I could not get it to load it kept getting a script problem, i was thinking it was from the smarty being on there. I finally went to depot file and flashed a stock tune in my truck, I have no dash light or anything everything works fine. Other then everytime i change my tune and reflash the truck with it does the exact same thing you are saying, so now when its done flashing just turn the key off for the ten seconds like it says, Then on and back off then it starts fine. The problem only occurs right after flashing, After that it always starts first key on. Wonder if its something to do with it not bein the actual stock tune from that ecm

cmcz450
March 15th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Good question, and thanks for the tip. I pulled my tune from the depot as well.

Dmaxink
March 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
This is a security issue related to the vin... as I said, if this is the tune you sent me that you changed the vin to match that of your truck and it doesn't start...you have entered a invalid vin...or simply didn't save you vin in the .tun file. More than likely your truck will now have the airbags and ABS light on due to a mismatch when the truck cranked. Regardless, double check your vin that's in the tune file against that which is in your truck (drivers side door). If the vin in the tune doesn't match that of the truck...this may happen.

Dmaxink
March 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
That is wired that it randomly smarts working though.... especially with no lights on the dash?

Dmaxink
March 15th, 2012, 06:26 PM
This is a security issue related to the vin... as I said, if this is the tune you sent me that you changed the vin to match that of your truck and it doesn't start...you have entered a invalid vin...or simply didn't save you vin in the .tun file. More than likely your truck will now have the airbags and ABS light on due to a mismatch when the truck cranked. Regardless, double check your vin that's in the tune file against that which is in your truck (drivers side door). If the vin in the tune doesn't match that of the truck...this may happen.

cmcz450
March 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Yep my vin matches, but it worked afterwards and no lights nor repeated actions. mmm this tune is nice for a "starter tune" nom nom

icemanjc1
March 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I've had that happen one time on my truck. Using the 2602 OS and changing many different things in axis tables. But that was a couple release versions back..

cmcz450
March 15th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I used the 5753 if I remember off the top of my head. I'll look in the morning for sure though.

cmcz450
March 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I meant to get back here last week and post, but I stated that no lights came on and that was incorrect!! The abs light does flash everytime I start it, but my VIN is exactly the same as the number on the truck. No problems persist with how it runs or any other functions though. So is there something that I might have changed to cause this other than the VIN?

Dmaxink
March 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM

You will need to go to the dealer and get a fresh flash. If you cranked it once (or a million times) with the vin mismatching, the only fix at all is to get it reflashed at the dealer.

2007 5.9
March 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Agreed...you'll need a TIPM/ABS vin reflash

cmcz450
March 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM
ah alright thanks for the help guys. I'll live with it because I don't hardly notice it anyways. Congrats on your move Kory. I just got done watching your a-z and it sure is eye opening, and i'll be watching it a couple more times.

Dmaxink
March 27th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Glad to hear man, and thanks on the congrats. Expansion is on the way...