PDA

View Full Version : new to tuning questions

dwessels
March 19th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 GTO that started out as an A4 and is now an M6 that I am trying to get sorted out. The car runs, but I am sure it has more in it.
I am new to tuning and had a couple of questions. I haven't bought EFILive yet and was wondering if it could do what I need it to.

1. Reflash the PCM to a M6
2. Disable anti theft
3. Disable traction control
4. Disable ABS
5. Disable torque management

Any thoughts / feedback / reading material would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Taz
March 19th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 GTO that started out as an A4 and is now an M6 that I am trying to get sorted out. The car runs, but I am sure it has more in it.
I am new to tuning and had a couple of questions. I haven't bought EFILive yet and was wondering if it could do what I need it to.

2. Disable anti theft
4. Disable ABS
5. Disable torque management ...

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No (if you need ABS disabled you will have to do this by mechanical means - i.e. remove power from the EBCM, etc.)
5. Yes

Regards,
Taz

Sid447
March 25th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Hi Guys,
2. Disable anti theft
4. Disable ABS
5. Disable torque management
Any thoughts / feedback / reading material would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I converted an A4 to M6 back in 2003,

(M6 cars weren't available in the Middle East at the time). It's very straightforward with EFI-L software.