PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for throttle cracker/follower/ETC on stroker motors?

Chris81
February 2nd, 2006, 04:32 PM
I need an idea of where to start on a buddy's 395 stroker i'm about to retune.. the cam is in the 240 @ .050 range.

Anyone want to take a look at the original file vs. my base file for the car to see if i'm going in the right direction?

I've changed a good deal of stuff and figured I would kind of start from stratch with the idle (RAF spreedsheets) then VE.. then MAF/WOT throttle on the dyno..

Does anyone have a good base for throttle cracker/follower tables/ideas they use for when you first start tuning.. then adjust?

Also, any ETC stuff I need to ajust besides the normal stuff? (B4349)

Any help would be really great, I haven't tuned a more radical ETC car yet.

TAQuickness
February 3rd, 2006, 02:24 AM
I've got a 383 in my bird - non ETC. I found to get my idle straight, I had to take the ledge off the follower multiplier table, then apply linear smoothing from 0 to 13.55 on the air flow table. This provided a nice smooth ramp for the car to transition back to an idle state.

Chris81
February 3rd, 2006, 02:38 AM
ahh, good idea.. i'll give that a try..

Anyone have anything other idea?

Chris81
February 6th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Does anyone want to take a look at the logs/file for this car? I did some tuning today and it idles fine and the VE is pretty safe.. but the rpm will drop like a rock when the clutch is pressed in while driving..

HELP PLEASE.. lol

TAQuickness
February 6th, 2006, 04:02 PM
send them to TAQuickness at Houston dot RR dot Com

Chris81
February 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM
send them to TAQuickness at Houston dot RR dot Com

Email sent!!

Chris81
February 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Second email sent as well!