PDA

View Full Version : lost all previous daspages wont save aney thing

restless@westnet.com.au
March 20th, 2012, 06:09 PM
hi guys
for some reason i have lost the dash pages Ive been working on for the last 2 years i have remade them several times (wasting lots of hours ) and saved them BUT once i close the program it all disappears ???
once i reopen the program it will come back up with all the graphs the same like rpm in all of the graphs but in different colors ?? with out all the other pids that i use
i have reloaded both V7.5 -B180 AND V8- B170 still the same cant wont save any thing
works fine if i just put it all on task bar
i have even tried to use a default ls2 page but after closing the program it didn't save any changes i did to it
this all started when i looked for new updates it said none were found
is there a glitch ??

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Did save each chart by clicking the Save or Save As buttons on each chart's Properties box...?

Can you outline the steps your doing...?

restless@westnet.com.au
March 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM
go in to dash board
select page B put up 3 charts , align to grid ,( save )then put in pid i need (save after each one ) before i exit the page i ( save ) hit the little pic of the floppy disc up in top left corner , then exit if i haven't saved it, it wont let you exit the page anyway , i have tried saving as bobs supercharger page ,default ,or what ever the page was called from the program and i have tried saving after every alteration on the page it all works fine till i shut the program down ,then when i restart it some times i will get the page back put with ALL the series filled with the same thing like RPM in Red or tp% in blue and nothing else
i have the program on 1 pc and 2 laptops don't have any trouble with the (old ver on the laptops ) as soon as go in to tune tool ,dashboard, ( the page i have been using even after 3 month of no use comes up straight away )
just load a log file and away i go , im thinking of deleting the whole efilive program on the pc and starting from fresh BUT I DIDENT WANT to loose all the tune files ,logs ,settings etc but ill have to put them on a stick
i guess

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
After you add/edit pids in a chart, do you do rightclick->Chart Properties and click Save on the box that pops up...?

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM
To backup your tune files, you should copy the folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 to a USB memory stick.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 21st, 2012, 02:56 PM
ok i see
the ->Chart Properties box is up at the end of the series /pid / alteration, i save it then
is this not the same thing ???i

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Are you clicking the Save or Save As (either one) as shown in attached pic for each of the 4 or 5 charts...?

My pic shows 5 charts... are you saving the chart properties for all of your charts...?

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
What is the filename of your Dash...?

restless@westnet.com.au
March 21st, 2012, 06:56 PM
i'm getting confused with all this saving i have 4 charts to a page
dash page name at the bottom of the screen on page B is

dash page -B default imperial_B: vdb(Default metric.vdb

i have really got in to trouble trying to use page B and then page C
i'm sure i'm not saving them wright as have stuffed one off the laptops to day all so
never had an issue before just start SC and the dash page came up and i would select a log file from the list top left yellow folder and away it would go with all the info still on the page
after months of not using it
since i have had the problem trying to use 2 pages Ive stuffed it all up completely
can you walk me through the second page procedure
i hit save after every alteration some times a second window comes up saying save as xxxx i hit save and it disappears and i keep going
i'm not good with file names and naming stuff i'm told LOL i just leave it up to the default settings
if i go in to the dash page file (yellow folder on the top left second row )and click one of the white folders ( there was about 12 of them i deleted all the duramax and imperial ones yesterday in frustration )
i can get some of the old pages back but they don't contain every thing and it will displayed on PAGE A even if its PAGE stuff
is there a good Territorial on dash page making /saving the one i read in efilive just said SAVE /or save as
completely confused

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Are you clicking the Save (or Save As) button I showed in post #7 above...?

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:35 PM
On Dash B:

- you have 4 charts;
- one any chart, there are 4 corners (representing pids);

- move cursor to one of those corners, rightclick, and select the pid you want to occupy this corner of the chart;
- repeat for the other 3 corners of the same chart;

- in the middle of the chart do rightclick->Chart Properties;
- click the Series tab;
- for Series 1, 2, 3, 4 set the colour, min, max, etc...
- click Save;
- click Ok to exit the chart properties;

- repeat this and this for the other charts;

- on the Dash toolbar (which contains the buttons A, B, C), click the Save button (the 3rd button from the left).

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:40 PM
You can repeat the above on Dash A and Dash C...

but first you will have to add gauges and/or charts...

to do this, do rightclick->Add and select a gauge or chart from a mentioned theme;

then the first thing to do is on that new gauge/chart do rightclick->Chart/Gauge Properties and click Save As and give it a different filesname (i.e. so you don't overwrite the donor gauge/chart); then proceed as in post #11...

the difference with gauges is that there is only one pid per gauge (versus 4 pids per chart).

restless@westnet.com.au
March 21st, 2012, 08:41 PM
normaley just the save button and ok button ,unless the SAVE AS windows comes up

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:42 PM
When you edit a chart or gauge in any manner, in its properties box click Save or Save As.

When you add, remove, or move a chart or gauge on a dash page, click the Save or Save As button on the dash toolbar (3rd or 4th button from the left on the toolbar containing the buttons A, B, C.

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:43 PM
normaley just the save button and ok button ,unless the SAVE AS windows comes upWhich Save button are you hittng...?

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:48 PM
what is your tel no ? I can talk for a few minutes (its almost 1am here :) )

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Or, pm your phone no and what time is good to call tomorrow (say 12-15 hours from now)...

joecar
March 21st, 2012, 08:57 PM
I gotta go, we can talk by phone tomorrow.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 21st, 2012, 08:58 PM
On Dash B:

- you have 4 charts;
- one any chart, there are 4 corners (representing pids);

- move cursor to one of those corners, rightclick, and select the pid you want to occupy this corner of the chart;
- repeat for the other 3 corners of the same chart;

- in the middle of the chart do rightclick->Chart Properties;
- click the Series tab;
- for Series 1, 2, 3, 4 set the colour, min, max, etc...
- click Save;
- click Ok to exit the chart properties;

- repeat this and this for the other charts;

- on the Dash toolbar (which contains the buttons A, B, C), click the Save button (the 3rd button from the left).

yes that is how i have been doing it i don't have ANY problem setting up a page with charts /pids /colors / font size / left side /wrights side /or both i use 4 charts to a page with 12 pids to a page or 6 pids to a page just on the wright side
what i don't do is call them something i just use the default setting was ok only using page B i guess
can i get rid off all the other folders in file ( confusing when they are all default) so i only have my pages in there i have just spent all arvo redoing the A and B
from here on is were i need the help to rename each page and save as ( BOBS CHARTS ) for instance

restless@westnet.com.au
March 22nd, 2012, 12:50 AM
Which Save button are you hittng...?

hi JOECAR
i think i have it now i was not aware that you had to save EACH CHART individually /page by page/ after you had finished with modifying it
can you tell me were i can DELETE all the ones i saved under default as i have saved every thing under NEW theme now (new theme )bobs chart 1 page A /xxxx xxxx 2 xxxx A /xxxxx xxx 3 AXXX XXX /ect then page B /and C ect i can now remve a chart portion and reload from the drop down box in properaties /add chart /new /bobs chart 1 page A

ill see how it goes now for a week or so
thanks for all your help cheers bob