PDA

View Full Version : Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

Pages : 1 [2]

cindy@efilive
May 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Shoot me the original file you read from the vehicle and I'll see what I can find that may be compatible.

cindy at efilive dot com

Cheers
Cindy

computerjlt
May 6th, 2014, 04:04 PM
have you guys heard of trucks still throwing the overhead message even after using this beta software on the 246 build tuner?

I have a truck that using the latest build of the tuner software WITHOUT the beta fix it will go about 70-80mi before dinging. with the beta fix on build 246 it dings every 10 minutes. the timeout i've set from 240-360 minutes and maxed out all of the thresholds and it still does it.

MEGA6.7
October 28th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Does anyone have a solution or know a tuner with a file to avoid this issue?
2008 6.7 3500 still dealing with this issue.
I'm setting up my 2016 2500, and bought Hardway tuning. After emailing them, they said they do not have a fix for the overhead chime issue.
Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

Programmer
October 28th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Does anyone have a solution or know a tuner with a file to avoid this issue?
2008 6.7 3500 still dealing with this issue.
I'm setting up my 2016 2500, and bought Hardway tuning. After emailing them, they said they do not have a fix for the overhead chime issue.
Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

For some reason, the solution has been deleted from this thread. email me --->programmer@platinum.ca

Programmer
October 28th, 2016, 06:28 AM
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23455-Cummins-6-7L-Overhead-Chime-Public-Beta-software/page16

Solution in this thread...you can still email me to verify. It's got nothing to do with programming it back to stock-FYI.

Mitco39
October 28th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Dealer timer to 0.

If the OVHD is showing DPF full see dealer now the fix for me has been flash back in a non delete tune (stock preferably) drive around the block a couple times. Then flash in tune and you should be good. The soot level cells if you want to call it that freeze when you delete the truck, so if its plugged before you delete it it will think its plugged after and still show the message.

This is applicable on any 07-09 Cummins.

Programmer
December 7th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Dealer timer to 0.

If the OVHD is showing DPF full see dealer now the fix for me has been flash back in a non delete tune (stock preferably) drive around the block a couple times. Then flash in tune and you should be good. The soot level cells if you want to call it that freeze when you delete the truck, so if its plugged before you delete it it will think its plugged after and still show the message.

This is applicable on any 07-09 Cummins.

Just had a client here with a similar issue on a 2012, and all he had to do is drive it with the updated tune. Messages went away all by themselves.