PDA

View Full Version : Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

Pages : [1] 2

LReiff
March 27th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I have a fully deleted 6.7 that throws a "see dealer for service" message on overhead display and makes a ding ding ding sound to alert me. Is there a way around this?

IdahoRob
March 27th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Have you tuned it? Max out 6283-6286

LReiff
March 27th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Yes. I'll try that. I totally removed the DPF module and all related wiring.

Robs24vCTD
March 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I have the same problem, and I have tried them maxed out and stock, also minimized and still the same. If I do a reset, it will go about 40 miles before it dings off again and then every 10 miles from there out.

LReiff
March 27th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I have also changed/disabled F1031,F1190-F1196,F1204&F1229

There is no performance issue, it's purely unamusing.

Robs24vCTD
March 27th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I also have had no issues with performance or limping the truck, just annoying as all getup on a road trip

LReiff
March 29th, 2012, 01:05 AM
OS 11620807 in a 2008 truck has this issue.

OS 11551035 in a 2007.5 truck does not.

I guess I'll try an OS swap and see what happens.

davematthews
March 31st, 2012, 07:48 AM
How do you clear it. When Ross and I were working on trying to get the OH to quit acting up (maybe mid feb), we gave up on it for a while and since then mine went into full filter status and now I can't clear codes to get rid of it. I don't even know if my new tuning has solved the issue or not. But it seems to be. I'm running the same OS as a couple of local trucks that we have had tuned for over 2 weeks. None of them have the issue. So I'm thinking that its fixed but haven't had time to figure out how to get the oh to go away. It says limp mode (or power reduced, whatever) But its not in limp mode and I don't have any dtc's... I guess when rc10 came out that's when we got it figured out, but I havn't had time to jack with my personal..

GMPX
March 31st, 2012, 10:55 AM
One of our beta testers came across this too, he said....
"ended up plugging off both of the pressure tubes that went to the DPF. As soon as he did this the message went away and has not come back."

Might be worth a shot.

LReiff
March 31st, 2012, 03:12 PM
One of our beta testers came across this too, he said....
"ended up plugging off both of the pressure tubes that went to the DPF. As soon as he did this the message went away and has not come back."

Might be worth a shot.
The truck that has problems has a total delete. Wiring harness and dpf module removed, pressure sensor removed, dpf gone, egr gone and intake throttle valve gone. The other truck without issues is identical.

davematthews
March 31st, 2012, 04:31 PM
OS 11720809 2008 truck is doing it on my end. It showed up in a customer's truck this evening. long story short we used this os (out of another 2008) to build his tunes. He's had them in for around a week. OH is popping up. Are we just gonna have to use a different OS to solve it??

LReiff
April 1st, 2012, 11:27 AM
The truck will be at my shop for an OS flash sometime this week. I'll post results either way.

davematthews
April 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks. I know have two more trucks that are showing similar things. I was really hoping this was an isolated incident. Appears to be a little more common than not...

LReiff
April 3rd, 2012, 03:22 AM
I just did an OS swap and it made no difference. Looks like I need to access the module that controls the overhead display. Possibly BCM.

Edit: I'm going to try plugging the pressure sensor back into the system but leaving the hoses disconnected. I'll report back.

txserpent
April 5th, 2012, 04:17 AM
I've been trying to figure this one out but do you know if the trucks that are doing it have the J35 recall or not ?

cindy@efilive
April 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I've been trying to figure this one out but do you know if the trucks that are doing it have the J35 recall or not ?

As per our PM, the latest stock tunes will be hosted in several tune libraries sometime late next week. When they are posted, you will be able to test your theory.

For everyone else, it's an intermittent problem - it occurs on some trucks and not on others. Ross will look into it as soon as he can.

Cheers
Cindy

2500MegaDiesel
April 6th, 2012, 06:58 AM
I am one of those Dave Matthews is attempting to help with the overhead at this time. I get the Catalyst full message with dings, only when towing. It went about 50 miles then repeated every ten miles on the freeway and about every six miles on surface streets. Two 50 mile trips not towing and no overhead message or dings. Tubes are open to atmosphere at the sensor and plugged going back to the "repaired" DPF to prevent exhaust gas flow in the tubes.

Robs24vCTD
April 18th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Has anyone found a way around this? 1500 mile trip was annoying.

GMPX
April 18th, 2012, 09:04 AM
We are working on it. But it's hard when some trucks do it, others don't.

davematthews
April 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
We are working on it. But it's hard when some trucks do it, others don't.

Ross. The overhead issue I had here locally hasn't shown back up. I have another customers truck that has a different oh message than the first one. I believe its the more predominate one. It only shows up when going down the highway cruising at a constant speed.. Especially when towing. Takes 10-30 min's to start. I drove a customers truck back from Ennis Tx this last weekend. We were towing my rig (blown trans at the drag races). It started doing it. This was the first I had seen of it and I orginally thought it was the same as the first issue. It says "Service Required, See Dealer Now" Gives you two dings, stays up there for a few minutes then goes away..

I have this particular truck in my shop till June 2nd if you need another one to test..

Robs24vCTD
April 18th, 2012, 12:25 PM
That is the same issue I have Dave, and I am willing to send my tune or whatever else need be to help solve this.

davematthews
April 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM
That is the same issue I have Dave, and I am willing to send my tune or whatever else need be to help solve this.

I have no clue on this one. I was able to use a star scan and read out several stock trucks at different stages of regen vs a deleted truck to give Ross an idea of where to start with the other message. But this one doesn't show you what its doing. I ran logs and checked dtc's while it was happening. Nothing. I'm gonna call a buddy tomorrow at the dealer and see what he knows about the message itself. He was a great help with the last one and showing me where to look.

2500MegaDiesel
April 19th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Ross. The overhead issue I had here locally hasn't shown back up. I have another customers truck that has a different oh message than the first one. I believe its the more predominate one. It only shows up when going down the highway cruising at a constant speed.. Especially when towing. Takes 10-30 min's to start. I drove a customers truck back from Ennis Tx this last weekend. We were towing my rig (blown trans at the drag races). It started doing it. This was the first I had seen of it and I orginally thought it was the same as the first issue. It says "Service Required, See Dealer Now" Gives you two dings, stays up there for a few minutes then goes away..

I have this particular truck in my shop till June 2nd if you need another one to test..

Mine dings once at the same time "Catalyst Full Service Required" flashes up on the overhead. Then it dings once more. No DTCs. No CEL, no Lightning bolt, and I don't know if it goes away on it's own as I push the page button to get back to my how many miles to empty display.

The last tow it did it as soon as we got ten miles on the freeway towing. We were on the freeway right away as the campground was less than a mile from the freeway. It dings every 9 or 10 miles. And then when we get off the freeway and onto regular streets it dings every 5 to 6 miles. Once we disconnect and turn off the truck, the dinging does not occur driving the truck without the trailer in tow. I will be making some side trips and will see if it occurs without towing at any point.

So far my lovely wife gives me one of those looks when it goes off, but she hasn't started with "Why does it do that?" If she starts that it will soon be followed by "I don't understand why you are always messing up the truck" I think she may be putting up with the dinging because overall the truck is much more quiet than when it was tuned with the XRT. I am reserving the "Because it gives us better mileage" as my answer to question two. LOL

txserpent
April 20th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I have about 700 efi deleted miles so far and have not had this problem. ( knock on wood )

2500MegaDiesel
April 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Drove a hundred miles on goat trails today, freeway too and no dings. It only happens when we tow.

GMPX
April 21st, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mine dings once at the same time "Catalyst Full Service Required" flashes up on the overhead.
Make sure you set C6283 - C6286 to the max values. This will stop the 'Catalyst Full' message, but, on some trucks they still get a chime going off. Eventually it 'may' go in to reduced power if left with the Cat full message.

If she starts that it will soon be followed by "I don't understand why you are always messing up the truck"
It should be something on the wedding vowels. To love and to hold, in sickness and in health, allowed to mess with he's vehicle.....

2500MegaDiesel
April 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Make sure you set C6283 - C6286 to the max values. This will stop the 'Catalyst Full' message, but, on some trucks they still get a chime going off. Eventually it 'may' go in to reduced power if left with the Cat full message.

I will pass that on to Dave Matthews to incorporate for my AutoCal file(s)

Thanks

davematthews
April 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
I will pass that on to Dave Matthews to incorporate for my AutoCal file(s)

Thanks

Already done.

Ross it doesn't seem to matter if we max out the 6283-6286 parameters...

GMPX
April 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
With those set to maximum I was sure it stopped the 'Full' message, it still chimes, but no 'Full', or is that not the case?

davematthews
April 22nd, 2012, 01:55 PM
With those set to maximum I was sure it stopped the 'Full' message, it still chimes, but no 'Full', or is that not the case?

I'm getting two different ones. One says see dealer now, service required. Other is the full message. Both are only when at a constant speed. The file you sent me a few weeks ago solved the one that started on start up. These only show up when at a constant speed on the highway. And in some cases only with a load hooked up. I have no clue on this one. It seems to be more predominate though.

I have a customers truck in my shop right now that does it. I have it till june 2nd if you want to test anything on it. My truck only did the one on startup. But its out of commision for a little while. Blew the trans at ennis last weekend..

2500MegaDiesel
April 22nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
I now have almost three hundred miles on since towing last Monday. Not one ding driving today on the freeway for 60 miles at 60 to 65 mph.

I will be towing again this coming Friday and I can almost bet it will ding and show the Catalyst Full Service Required message. I am open to any trials you want to do Dave or Russ.

IdahoRob
April 23rd, 2012, 05:26 AM

Mine has the full message, but no chimes with those settings maxed out.

2500MegaDiesel
April 27th, 2012, 01:29 PM
There is something about these trucks that is just plain weird. Towed today with about 40 miles of freeway and another 16 of surface roads. No ding no message. I give up.

davematthews
April 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
There is something about these trucks that is just plain weird. Towed today with about 40 miles of freeway and another 16 of surface roads. No ding no message. I give up.

I've done some more testing with some customer trucks. Different years, 2wheel drive, 4wheel drive. Doesn't matter. Towing or not. Its constant speed going down the highway. I'm wondering if there's something with the DPF Timers that see your driving down the highway and want a regen?? Which is where it normally tries to regen on a stock truck..

Just something I've seen over the past two weeks.. Most of the trucks its on a 10 min interval. EXACTLY 10 min's...

I'm gonna go by the dealer tomorrow and see if I can mimic it on a stock truck with the star scan hooked up..

DrededSS
April 27th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I guess I'll add my story to the thread even though I don't have a fix. Tuned 2wd today with OS 11620604. Full egr/dpf delete. All associated DTCs turned off and C6283-C6286 maxed out. Truck left Waco and made it about 50 miles away before the OH started dinging with Service Required See Dealer Now. Kept running great and has no other issues except that annoying ding. The guy ran a mini-maxx before but didn't have this issue. It's on a 10 minute interval.

The guys on cumminsforum have had success with replacing the CCV or cleaning it, but it hasn't seemed to be a fix for every truck. The one I tuned today just made it back to College Station and cleaned his CCV. He is going to let me know if that helped at all (I'm not optimistic).

comnrailpwr
April 28th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I've done some more testing with some customer trucks. Different years, 2wheel drive, 4wheel drive. Doesn't matter. Towing or not. Its constant speed going down the highway. I'm wondering if there's something with the DPF Timers that see your driving down the highway and want a regen?? Which is where it normally tries to regen on a stock truck..

Just something I've seen over the past two weeks.. Most of the trucks its on a 10 min interval. EXACTLY 10 min's...

I'm gonna go by the dealer tomorrow and see if I can mimic it on a stock truck with the star scan hooked up..

Good info and you might be onto something.

2500MegaDiesel
April 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM
I agree with the ten minute intervals. And if it is constant speed that starts the sequence, I can tell you that once started varying speed will not make it stop. Next time I get it I will try pulling over and restarting the engine to see if it continues. Yesterday we did not have a long stretch of constant speed. In Los Angeles I looked up the local dictionary. It turns out that Freeway and Parking lot can be used interchangably.

I remember way back when the tuners were coming out. The S one would get the overhead message and dings. The X series had a method of resetting a timer to prevent that. When I was reading original file for EFI Live tuning I saw the last step of the X tuner was a timer clearing step. I wonder if that timer was constantly being cleared during operation of the truck.

LReiff
April 28th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Turn the key on, full press and release the fuel pedal 3 times within 10 seconds, turn key off. Service indicators will be reset!

2500MegaDiesel
April 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Turn the key on, full press and release the fuel pedal 3 times within 10 seconds, turn key off. Service indicators will be reset!

On mine all I have to do is push the page button while we are driving and the message goes away. Only to return again at 10 minute intervals. Kind of hard to pull over on the freeway every ten miles with a trailer in tow to reset the overhead.

Robs24vCTD
April 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
^^^^^ this is the same thing mine does. I used a genesis and reset all the emissions counters/timers. I will report back with my findings.

GMPX
April 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I've added a couple more calibrations for the next update. I hope these will stop the ECM checking the soot levels.

davematthews
April 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I've added a couple more calibrations for the next update. I hope these will stop the ECM checking the soot levels.

If it works I'd give ya a kiss. I'm starting to cringe when the phone rings. its like bill collectors, except its customers and dinging.... LOL

Thanks for all your hard work Ross. I know you've got about 20 things going at once. I don't know how you guys keep up with all of it. But I'm glad you do..

GMPX
April 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I know you've got about 20 things going at once.
More :bawl:

I don't know how you guys keep up with all of it.
We can't :Eyecrazy:

Actually, I don't like to, but sometimes I have to be working on a few different ECM's at once. With the Cummins numerous times I have spent almost an entire day on one problem and not found a solution (I hate that). When I need my sanity back I go back to my nice and friendly Delphi/GM computers.

2500MegaDiesel
April 30th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Truck dings on us, we ding on Dave.

I think we all have to realize that right now we folks with modified trucks are really early adopters of EFI Live tuning. Any early adoption will have some quirks to work out. I will gladly take my noise reduction, 15% mileage increase, and proper power application if all I have right now as a penalty is a few dings in some towing circumstances.

davematthews
April 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Truck dings on us, we ding on Dave.

I think we all have to realize that right now we folks with modified trucks are really early adopters of EFI Live tuning. Any early adoption will have some quirks to work out. I will gladly take my noise reduction, 15% mileage increase, and proper power application if all I have right now as a penalty is a few dings in some towing circumstances.

You guys are good.. I've got other autocal customers that I think they email me everyday. one guy has been calling 3 times a week. LOL I understand its an annoyance. But it will get fixed. Hopefully like Ross said. In the next release. Which by the way. Do you have a projected date on the next release?

GMPX
April 30th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks, that mindset is much appreciated.

Do you have a projected date on the next release?
I should learn that when I post 'the next update' I should end the sentence with a date :doh2:
I know Paul is hoping to get something all packaged up for another release in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Ross

dodgeram082500
May 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Any news on this friend of mines truck is doing the See dealer exhaust filter full message also?

cindy@efilive
May 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Still waiting for concrete results from the changes made in beta. In any case, additional parameters will be available in the next release.

Cheers
Cindy

dodgeram082500
May 3rd, 2012, 05:26 AM
thank you ma'am

dodgeram082500
May 14th, 2012, 04:15 PM
See that a new update had some new goodies for us 6.7 guys so did it fix the problem?
Thanks for all of yalls hard work

cindy@efilive
May 15th, 2012, 02:01 PM
See that a new update had some new goodies for us 6.7 guys so did it fix the problem?
Thanks for all of yalls hard work

No it didn't, Ross has returned to the drawing board. All is not lost, we are at least one step closer than we were previously even if it didn't work as planned.

Cheers
Cindy

cumminsDK
May 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I have tuned a handful of these truck and the only ones exhibiting perform service were resolved with a new crankcase filter, also noticed when converting from metric to imperial display units the soot level tables which were maxxed out in metric converted to 8.9 Something and the max is 9.03 in imperial. Two of these trucks pull campers full time one a 2007 and one a 2008

cindy@efilive
May 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I have tuned a handful of these truck and the only ones exhibiting perform service were resolved with a new crankcase filter, also noticed when converting from metric to imperial display units the soot level tables which were maxxed out in metric converted to 8.9 Something and the max is 9.03 in imperial. Two of these trucks pull campers full time one a 2007 and one a 2008

Do any of yours get that annoying overhead chime at 10 minute intervals?

Cheers
Cindy

cumminsDK
May 15th, 2012, 03:19 PM
No I have called the two customers that tow full time and they said no chiming or messages

cumminsDK
May 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Also our shop truck commonly pulls a gooseneck trailer with a skid loader or dump trailer full of mulch without issue

comnrailpwr
May 15th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I have only tuned one 6.7 truck but it went without a hiccup.

jklove
May 16th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Still got the 10 minute ding after update a couple weeks ago. New CCV filter didnt help either.

cumminsDK
May 16th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Cindy did you get my pm? I didn't get confirmation that it sent

cumminsDK
May 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Still got the 10 minute ding after update a couple weeks ago. New CCV filter didnt help either.

Would you mind sending me one of the tunes that is causing this issue with only the DPF delete part done?

dodgeram082500
May 16th, 2012, 07:51 PM
We've got the over head ding and power reduced message

cindy@efilive
May 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cindy did you get my pm? I didn't get confirmation that it sent

I did, thank you. I'll talk to Ross about it tomorrow.

Cheers
Cindy

cumminsDK
May 17th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Ok here are some ideas i have had, obviously the soot level tables c6283-c6286 need to be maxxed out at 9.03. F2180 is an O2 sensor code and is by itself and easy to miss. All O2 module, sensor, and communication codes need disabled along with all aftertreatment, NOx and other codes associated with the dpf system . F1031 i am setting to NO even though the O2 module is present. F1204, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1190, 1196, and 1229 i set to disable. Hopefully this helps, if everyone having problems is already doing this please let me know!

dodgeram082500
May 17th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Already doing that here

cumminsDK
May 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Ok now I feel the pain, had the first one today, removed smarty, read tune, obtained compatible file from tune file depot, built tune customer takes 30 mile trip and a couple dings and a see dealer for service! I am still running build 204 7.5 this was on cal 55350435BH. Will update asap and post back

cindy@efilive
May 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
We are making further changes to the software today after some very thorough testing by one of our beta testers overnight. It may take a few days to get the changes done and tested, but I'll keep you updated.

Cheers
Cindy

2500MegaDiesel
May 18th, 2012, 03:16 AM
On my truck it is not consistent. So far it has only happened towing. But it has happened in different ways. One trip took over 50 freeway miles before it started dinging. Then another trip and it dinged in the first ten miles on the freeway. Once the dinging starts on a trip it continues in any condition of driving. Other trips and it has not dinged. Never dinged with XRT tuning. And I remember that H and S resets timers. In fact, when going back and forth with XRT and EFI Live to get the initial ECM read and initial tunes, the very last step in the XRT displays Clearing Timers. I wonder if there is a timer clearing routine that executes at some interval over and over to clear timers. I know Smarty was throwing the overhead for a long time. All the way through 14.

DrededSS
May 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
On my truck it is not consistent. So far it has only happened towing. But it has happened in different ways. One trip took over 50 freeway miles before it started dinging. Then another trip and it dinged in the first ten miles on the freeway. Once the dinging starts on a trip it continues in any condition of driving. Other trips and it has not dinged. Never dinged with XRT tuning. And I remember that H and S resets timers. In fact, when going back and forth with XRT and EFI Live to get the initial ECM read and initial tunes, the very last step in the XRT displays Clearing Timers. I wonder if there is a timer clearing routine that executes at some interval over and over to clear timers. I know Smarty was throwing the overhead for a long time. All the way through 14.

I downloaded the latest EFI updates to my blue box (that I only use for cummins) yesterday. 2007.5 came to me yesterday for tuning. He had been running the XRT with no problems. Truck has EGR and DPF delete. I went into my EFI and changed over to imperial. Just like the above post, once you do that, it only goes to 9.02 on the dpf max boxes. I changed that over to 9.03 and double-checked that everything else was turned off properly.

We rode around for about 10 miles with no problems, and he had to get on the road for a trip. He said about 40 miles down the road the SES came on and the overhead started dinging with the See Dealer for Service. This continued like clockwork every 10-11 miles. He's a good friend and isn't worried about it since I told him a fix is on the way, but he said it is annoying the hell out of him.

I have 5 more 6.7's to do this week starting tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that none of them start doing it.

cindy@efilive
May 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Further software revisions have been made and tested today, and so far so good. There are no longer overhead chime issues in our test trucks that previously reported chimes. The true test will come with time, will the ECM decide it's still going to monitor the soot level in the DPF and set the thing off again in a week (as seemed to be the case before)??

We will need to leave the code on these trucks for a few days just to make sure the issue is resolved once and for all. Once we are happy with the software, Ross will port it over to all OS's and we'll make a software update available for download.

Cheers
Cindy

2500MegaDiesel
May 26th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Dave Matthews sent me a beta tune. I towed yesterday for over 70 miles on the freeway and had no message or chime.

DrededSS
May 26th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Saw on Kory's post on Facebook. Very happy to see this. Now I can give a couple of owners a call to bring their trucks back over.

cindy@efilive
May 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Dave Matthews sent me a beta tune. I towed yesterday for over 70 miles on the freeway and had no message or chime.

The changes that were made in this beta cannot just be emailed out as tune revisions. The changes require software installation updates for the end user who physically flashes the truck.

Unless your truck was flashed by a beta tester, or you were sent the beta zip files to install and extract you won't be using the changes that were made.

Saw on Kory's post on Facebook. Very happy to see this. Now I can give a couple of owners a call to bring their trucks back over.

As I said above, the software hasn't been fully tested at this point, and Ross needs to port the changes over to all OS's, so I'd suggest the update is going to be 4 or 5 days away at least.

Cheers
Cindy

DrededSS
May 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks Cindy, I'll let my customers know.

davematthews
May 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
The changes that were made in this beta cannot just be emailed out as tune revisions. The changes require software installation updates for the end user who physically flashes the truck.

Unless your truck was flashed by a beta tester, or you were sent the beta zip files to install and extract you won't be using the changes that were made.

As I said above, the software hasn't been fully tested at this point, and Ross needs to port the changes over to all OS's, so I'd suggest the update is going to be 4 or 5 days away at least.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy. He has the old files. Not whatever is coming recently. He just loaded a file that zach sent him on may 9th. Its the first set of changes that ross sent out. I believe this is where the confusion is. The cat isn't out of the bag so to speak...

Atleast not on my end. But the old one is working on his. I don't yet have a running rig to try setting the max values under the different calibrations. Thats why i haven't gotten back to u. Putting my rebuilt 68 in tomorrow so i should have something to test. But once again. Its the old beta file that you sent me. Not whatever is on the horrizon.

2500MegaDiesel
May 27th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I think the confusion comes from the use of the greek letter BETA. I am Dave's best resource for testing at this time because I am always towing. So he uses me like a typical "BETA" tester. Not the software version, just the goat who will load it and test it.

LReiff
May 30th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Cindy, thanks for the update! I know you guys are busy so I'm glad you found time to work through this problem.

cindy@efilive
May 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Moving on before this was resolved just wasn't an option. We've had no reports of this popping back up, so it looks like we are good to go. Release may still take a couple of days. We still have a few more changes to make.

Cheers
Cindy

zfuller123
May 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Great news Cindy!

Dmaxink
May 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM
:thumbup:

WyoFreeride
May 31st, 2012, 01:20 AM
:thumb_yello:
Sweet, away I go deleting...

dieselmd
June 3rd, 2012, 06:28 AM
So was this addressed in the build 200 that was released Friday? Don't see it in the list of updates and wanted to know before calling customers to reflash.

cindy@efilive
June 3rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Flashing with our June 1 release will fix the issue. I've amended the release notes.

Cheers
Cindy

dieselmd
June 7th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I am still having problems with the overhead display and chime going off. The truck I have is a 2007 3500 cab and chassis with a manual trans. Operating system 11610500. Must be a strange operating system because it will not run on other manual trans os's that I have. Customer is giving me a lot of greif about it. Please let me know what I can do to fix this problem. Thx, Justin.

comnrailpwr
June 7th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Interesting..

2500MegaDiesel
June 7th, 2012, 03:21 AM
It is almost as if Dodge has a random number generator for some of the maps that makes every ECM unique. Maybe they can key off the VIN to make a change that foils tuners (for some time).

GMPX
June 7th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I am still having problems with the overhead display and chime going off. The truck I have is a 2007 3500 cab and chassis with a manual trans. Operating system 11610500. Must be a strange operating system because it will not run on other manual trans os's that I have. Customer is giving me a lot of greif about it. Please let me know what I can do to fix this problem. Thx, Justin.
It's something weird alright, just in the beta group, we have the same tune showing clear codes, no chime on one truck, but the chime is going off on another, the same tune!!

cindy@efilive
June 7th, 2012, 09:43 AM

can you send me your tune and we will take a look - cindy at efilive dot com

Cheers
Cindy

dieselmd
June 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Tune is on its way. Thx!!

IdahoRob
June 8th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I'm working on this and believe I have this nailed down. Just some more testing to confirm and I believe there will be a fix.

Robs24vCTD
June 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Anything new with this? I still get the dinging and OH message after the new update.

IdahoRob
June 18th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I was in indy for a diesel event and just returned. I'll try to test my theory this week.

Dmaxink
June 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Rob, I have your stock tune in my 6.7 with the deletes all off and it hasn't coded yet? I have 600 miles on it.. is your truck pissed...or mine just have a good attitude? Lol

Robs24vCTD
June 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mine or idaho's?

cindy@efilive
June 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Rob Coddens emailed Kory his file, and Kory was able to run it code free.

Rob was able to start with a 'good' base tune and run code free. When he modified that 'good' tune, he was able to throw the chime.

Rob is going to do some more testing this week for us.

It turns out when dieselmd posted in this thread last week and sent me his tune that he and Rob Coddens are running the same OS - coincidence or not?

Cheers
Cindy

2500MegaDiesel
June 19th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I loaded a tune on 5/9/2012 that was a trial to eliminate the ding. Drove and towed on that tune until 6/15/2012 with no dings. On 6/15/2012 while towing ding ding ding. So it is very hard to produce the symptom in a short period of time. I have since loaded that same tune using the revised software. Only time will tell if that has fixed it for me.

1FST690
June 21st, 2012, 04:13 AM
I loaded a tune last week on a 07.5 using the update software and still has the ding and see dealer now message. OS: 11551035 Calibration: 55350435BH

2500MegaDiesel
June 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Well I loaded my latest towing tune using the new software update. Today we towed and 43 miles into the tow, DING.

IdahoRob
June 21st, 2012, 12:35 PM
The testing on the LLY stuff took up a bit of time today. I'll really try to get this ironed out this weekend, sorry it's taking me a while.

Robs24vCTD
June 21st, 2012, 03:29 PM
If you need any help testing your theory let me know, I'll try whatever you got.

stang66007
June 28th, 2012, 04:17 AM
I'm also having the ding, ding, ding on OS:11551035, 07.5 3500 like every 10 minutes the customer says he resets

2500MegaDiesel
June 28th, 2012, 07:33 AM
So we are working our way up Route 101 in California. Two tows in a row the Ding, ding, ding. Then on the third tow, same road, same speeds, same load, about the same distance, no ding. I really feel for the programmers when you have this sort of on again off again problem to solve.

Powder_Keg
July 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Me too. I got the service required, see dealer now message today towing the camper and after about an hour of driving. I've been running this tune without towing for over a month without an issue. Hook Up a load and ding ding ding. Just for kicks on the way back I loaded the Mini Maxx back on and no message the entire way home. I can get my os tomorrow. The pc is in the truck and it's bed time. Truck is a 08 manual 3500.

Powder_Keg
July 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Any ideas on this? Still getting the error everytime I tow and have to go back to the mini maxx to stop hearing the dinging.

GMPX
July 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM
No firm solution yet sorry, seems hit and miss, but we are always working on it.

Powder_Keg
July 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks! Hopefully soon.

It's crazy that it only does it while towing but if I load the minimax and then reload my EFI live tune all is well, until I tow again.

2500MegaDiesel
July 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Mine has only done it while towing. Not every time we tow just some times. It never dings not towing. Recently we have had five similar tows. Two tows it dinged, then the next tow it did not ding. Then two more tows where it dinged. Just today we towed about sixty miles before it dinged. Other times it has dinged in the first ten miles. No rhyme or reason.

comnrailpwr
July 7th, 2012, 03:51 AM
what a pain in the ars. I feel for you 6.7 guys. luckily the two 6.7 trucks I have tuned haven't had a single issue.

30 RUM
July 8th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Just a shot in the dark. I have been tuning a friend's 08 and had a code for a clogged engine breather that caused the over head to display the see dealer.

cumminsDK
July 8th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I think I mentioned the breather thing already but it is happening on trucks with new filters

cindy@efilive
July 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Ross and Paul were working on this again yesterday and today. Hopefully we'll have another round of testing later this week and see how that goes.

Progress is slow, but at least it's progress.

Cheers
Cindy

Powder_Keg
July 10th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the update Cindy!

LReiff
July 10th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I finally got the guy here for a reflash. He says that as long he's on secondary road, around 50mph, it never dings. The only time he's getting the ding is when he's on the highway at 65-70mph. If today's reflash does not fix the ding he is going to remove the CCV filter and report back in a day or two.

2500MegaDiesel
July 10th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Well I had the most interesting DING ever on Sunday. Towed 120 miles on same road that dinged and not dinged before. No DING on highway. Then we pull into the campground and were trying to find a campspot. Some idjit in a motorhome kept stopping and blocking the road so we were crawling along and then idling for quite a while. Got about halfway around the first loop and DING DING. Then every five minutes, maybe a 1000 feet, and it DINGed. Even idling while I was unhooking the trailer it DINGED again.

I am renaming EFI Live to Hum DINGER.

My truck doesn't always DING, but when it does ...

House
July 19th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Any new news? I have about 8 customers who hate life and are requesting money back. They all haul for a living.

zfuller123
July 20th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Stuff being actively tested and having some good success - but got a couple trucks still being picky... Ross is working on getting this licked once and for all, and pretty much has it on most of the trucks being tested - just want to make sure it's working all the way around and then getting it cleaned up so it's easy to use!

2500MegaDiesel
July 20th, 2012, 03:58 AM
It has been a couple months since I got an update Zach. I would be more than willing to test any attempt. Mine seems to be one of those that is dinging but is not consistently dinging. Just when I think it is cured after a couple towing trips, it shows up again.

zfuller123
July 20th, 2012, 04:14 AM
shoot me an email or remind me your name and if i have the right file for your truck, I'll try to get one over to you today. I have a huge list of trucks and have been trying NOT to send out updates to all of them until it is for sure fixed (think of the support nightmare of a 100+ trucks that might not be *fixed* after the update).... Sorry that i'm not rememering your name versus what you go by on the forums.... I'm pretty sure you're one of my customers though. Let's see if i can do anything on yours.

2500MegaDiesel
July 20th, 2012, 04:26 AM
PM sent

Robs24vCTD
July 20th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Zach, mine it's totally opposite, I only get it when running empty. I towed a heavy camp trailer 400 miles this past weekend and only got the ding once. When running empty though it is consistent and I can almost time when it will start going off.

zfuller123
July 20th, 2012, 05:33 AM
PM sent

New tune sent!

Zach, mine it's totally opposite, I only get it when running empty. I towed a heavy camp trailer 400 miles this past weekend and only got the ding once. When running empty though it is consistent and I can almost time when it will start going off.

What OS are you running on your truck?

Robs24vCTD
July 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure which one, it's the one you wrote my tunes with.

zfuller123
July 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure which one, it's the one you wrote my tunes with.

Instructions sent Rob!

Powder_Keg
July 24th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Any new updates? The dinging is driving me crazy. It's happening now on long drives without towing!!

GMPX
July 24th, 2012, 09:28 AM
It seems to be solved for nearly all the beta testers, there's just one or two trucks still causing issues, but I'm confident in saying it's fixed.

Powder_Keg
July 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Sweet that's great to hear! So is there going to be a release soon? Is it a table/setting that was causing the issue or just something on the base tune that was taken care if on your end?

cindy@efilive
July 24th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Sweet that's great to hear! So is there going to be a release soon? Is it a table/setting that was causing the issue or just something on the base tune that was taken care if on your end?

There is about 2 weeks work to get the changes into public release software. Add to that the week Ross is about to lose for moving house, and it's still a few weeks out.

Some OS's are done, some are not. If you are hooked up with a dealer who is part of our beta team, you might like to contact them and see if your OS is done and if they can modify your file with the beta software, otherwise it's going to be a few weeks away.

Cheers
Cindy

DrededSS
July 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Awesome. I hope to get this resolved asap. I tuned 2 today that are doing it, and I have 3 others that have been doing it for a couple months. I've been able to keep the customers calm though.

WyoFreeride
July 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Are there any OS's that don't ding with the current software, or is it hit and miss with all of them?

I have an 07.5 and 08 that both need deletes, been putting them off for a while, but parts are here and they can deal with the ding until its 100% ready.

Keep up the good work, it will be worth it for all of us in the end.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zfuller123
July 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
so far the trucks seem to be hit and miss. No pattern for me to the OS - can take the same file, change the VIN and put it in another truck and it will ding... Testing on a lot of trucks right now though trying to get as much info as possible to help resolve it once and for all!

Powder_Keg
July 29th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for all the work guys!

If anyone needs another truck to test I'm available.

LReiff
July 31st, 2012, 01:18 AM
so far the trucks seem to be hit and miss. No pattern for me to the OS - can take the same file, change the VIN and put it in another truck and it will ding... Testing on a lot of trucks right now though trying to get as much info as possible to help resolve it once and for all!

This may be far fetched but is there a module other than the ecm that calculates dpf service intervals? Overhead display?

2500MegaDiesel
July 31st, 2012, 06:17 AM
Are there any OS's that don't ding with the current software, or is it hit and miss with all of them?

I have an 07.5 and 08 that both need deletes, been putting them off for a while, but parts are here and they can deal with the ding until its 100% ready.

Keep up the good work, it will be worth it for all of us in the end.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Zach sent me my Tow tune V5 on a new OS and it dings towing only. I have never had a ding not towing.

LReiff
July 31st, 2012, 11:53 AM
All my customers with 6.7s tow atleast 75% of the miles the trucks are driven. Some call me every week, others put up with it. They all have the ding now.

LReiff
August 2nd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Any updates? Got another one (new customer) here today for a flash.

txserpent
August 4th, 2012, 02:46 AM
This may be far fetched but is there a module other than the ecm that calculates dpf service intervals? Overhead display?

from my reading on all-data i believe the over head display and gauge control module both interact with it.

cindy@efilive
August 5th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Last weeks update is the latest, except we are now one week further down the path - the move is over, so development can commence again.

Cheers
Cindy

2500MegaDiesel
August 17th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Now I get the ding when not towing. For the first time on Wednesday. Then again on Thursday. Just driving like we always do. But now with the Ding.

RDP
September 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Have you had any luck with this problem yet?

GMPX
September 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Currently about to check myself in to a mental asylum over this problem, probably the worst thing I have ever come across.

cindy@efilive
September 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM
....that is code for this weeks testing changes didn't work as hoped. But the good news is we haven't forgotten about it, it's actively being worked on.

Cheers
Cindy

comnrailpwr
September 5th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Currently about to check myself in to a mental asylum over this problem, probably the worst thing I have ever come across.

Lol. I could only imagine.

KB3MMX
September 13th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Lee have you had and luck minimizing the dinging so far?

cindy@efilive
September 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Yes, we think we hit the jackpot this week. Further testing still needs to be carried out before we can be 110% eliminated, but so far so good. Our test truck that caused the most amount of grief is now resolved from chimes with the latest changes we made.

Once we are happy with testing, it will take a couple of weeks to implement these changes across the range of OS's. I don't want to think about the alternative should the issue not be resolved...keep your fingers crossed please!

Cheers
Cindy

1FST690
September 17th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Great news! hope it works!!

LReiff
September 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Lee have you had and luck minimizing the dinging so far?

No. I've tried everything!

cindy@efilive
September 19th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Lee, if you are not working directly with one of our beta testers (our testers were sent files a couple of days ago, and we await feedback) can you please email the tune file you are currently working on and I'll have it modified for you to test directly.

cindy at efilive dot com

Cheers
Cindy

LReiff
September 20th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Email sent.

cindy@efilive
September 21st, 2012, 09:19 AM
Lee, I sent you an email back yesterday looking for a different file to work with but haven't heard back from you.

Cheers
Cindy

dieselmd
September 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cindy, is there any way I could get a file modified to test? I have a hotshot customer that dings all day long everyday.

2500MegaDiesel
September 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
Zach sent me a test file and we towed today. It dinged.

cindy@efilive
September 21st, 2012, 08:51 PM
Cindy, is there any way I could get a file modified to test? I have a hotshot customer that dings all day long everyday.

If its one of the OS's we are testing with and you have an understanding customer, sure thing. Just keep in mind it's beta software. Shoot me an email with the current file your customer is running and I'll check it out

Cheers
Cindy

Padendiesel
September 26th, 2012, 12:14 AM
I have had several issues with this. I have tried something a little different on the last three that I have done. I used to pull the pipe and all the sensors off. I started leaving the pressure sensor and egt sensors in the pipe and just disabling them in efi live same way I was doing before. I have had no issues with the last three.

comnrailpwr
September 26th, 2012, 01:10 AM
I tuned a deleted truck that has never had a ding or any hiccups since 6.7 support was released. Customer doesn't tow much tho. When he does its heavy loads. All my other trucks are 5.9. Been putting all 6.7 customers off fearing this. I can only imagine the amount of phone calls I would get

zfuller123
September 26th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I tuned a deleted truck that has never had a ding or any hiccups since 6.7 support was released. Customer doesn't tow much tho. When he does its heavy loads. All my other trucks are 5.9. Been putting all 6.7 customers off fearing this. I can only imagine the amount of phone calls I would get

Yup it sucks unless you pre-warn them that they're likely going to have the overhead chiming issue... and that it's working on being solved. Nobody 'wants' it of course. Some trucks are lucky enough to not get it... but most do, and many of them getting 20+ MPG on the highway after I get done with them seems to make up for a bit of the annoyance of the overhead.... Quieter, smoother, more power when needed, and better MPGs.... most people are willing to take that plunge that i talk to in exchange for the overhead. However, some are holding off still waiting for magical day - but StarLite has stayed plenty busy with the 6.7s and lots of fairly happy customers - even with the dinging.

Trucks are being 'tested' right now - new updates go out almost every day trying new / different things for these trucks. On some trucks we are having good luck with it - other trucks are being more stubborn. Either way, it is a work in progress and hoping it will yield 100% results soon! Seem to be getting close!

comnrailpwr
September 26th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Operator62
September 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM
I haven't read through all this, but does this happen even with E5500, E5501, and, E5502 disabled? I will take the time to go back and read through all this though. However, I so far have not had this issue with my truck. '07.5 running 11551035 and 55350430BH.

billybob
September 26th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Had this problem on one of my trucks but when I changed the fuel rail plug it went away. Weird!

WOLFEAUTOSERVICE
October 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
ANY UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE, WE CURRENTLY HAVE 4 DELETED 6.7s RANGING FROM 07-09 SHOWING "SEE DEALER FOR SERVICE ETC". WE HAVE ALSO DONE DELETES ON AN 07 CUMMINS 6.7 USING A SMARTY JR. AND ALSO GOT THE SAME WARNINGS. JUST LOOKING FOR INPUT?

Powder_Keg
October 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Any word in an update to the software to fix this issue? It's been better than a month since we've heard anything.

Really really tired of this damn ding.

Thanks EFILive crew

cindy@efilive
October 20th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Another lot of test files were given to the beta testers today. Shoot me an email with the tune you are currently running and ill see if its one of the os's we are working with and if so apply those changes for you.

Cheers
Cindy

2500MegaDiesel
November 8th, 2012, 09:13 AM
It is getting better. Towed for 260 miles yesterday, got the ding only one time at 160 miles into the trip. Then no more dings. Towed 167 miles today, never got the ding at all.

zfuller123
November 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
It is getting better. Towed for 260 miles yesterday, got the ding only one time at 160 miles into the trip. Then no more dings. Towed 167 miles today, never got the ding at all.

Small victories are still victories!! :-) Glad it's less annoying now.....

catman3126
November 11th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Sub

Wheelz
November 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Subd

catman3126
November 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Tuned and 08' and it's doing the OH display message. Other then that the guy is really happy, getting 19+ with 35" mud tires and some extra power.

Wheelz
November 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cindy,

I just tuned a 6.7 that's doing the overhead message alert. He said he is willing to try a beta tune if it would help getting this fixed faster for everyone Can I email you his tune file and you let us know if that's a possibility?

Thanks!

tokymon
November 13th, 2012, 07:40 AM
sub'd

LinearX
November 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
Is this any closer to getting resolved? I'd love to be able to use my EFI for my truck, but with the month's events it would be nice to know how much longer or if I should start looking in earnest for someone that has a tuner in stock that will do deletes.

Robs24vCTD
November 21st, 2012, 07:13 AM
It's a shot in the dark, I haven't heard any new news. Your truck will either ding or it won't. There is a chance it won't do it, but its slim.

cindy@efilive
November 21st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Is this any closer to getting resolved? I'd love to be able to use my EFI for my truck, but with the month's events it would be nice to know how much longer or if I should start looking in earnest for someone that has a tuner in stock that will do deletes.

The chime issue only occurs on a small percentage of trucks. We've found nothing to indicate a pattern with the trucks that have an issue - it's very hit and miss.

We've spent countless hours on this and haven't been able to implement a fix that fixes the issue without compromising the integrity of our software and other functions. This issue still exists on some trucks and it's not through lack of trying I can assure you.

I can't give you a time frame to 'fix' it. All I can say is with the 100's of man hours we've invested to resolve this we have to be closer than before we started looking for a resolution, but the when and how questions are still unanswered in terms of delivering our customers a final fix.

If we implement the 'wrong' fix to stop the complaints in this thread, a new thread will pop up with people complaining of the side affects of the wrong fix. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things, we've chosen the path that we believe is right.

The interim fix works well, and consistently on all trucks currently being tested. The chime will go off once at the 10 minute mark, and then not again until either the vehicle is restarted or until the vehicle has travelled 6 hours in a single trip.

Cheers
Cindy

Ltcbm
December 12th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I read this thread a couple of weeks ago and don't remember anybody asking this. Would it take care of the overhead message if we added a couple of resistors inline and made a "dpf fooler" like some were doing when dpf's first started being deleted. Don't know if this is worth trying because i'm sure somebody already has. Just food for thought.

Padendiesel
January 4th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I would like to know if this is getting closer. Like I said before I have done multiple tunes and the ones i delete the pipe and the sensors are the ones that give me issues. If I leave the sensors in the pipe and plugged in... no issues. It has something to do with the sensor values being off when unplugged.

cindy@efilive
January 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I would like to know if this is getting closer. Like I said before I have done multiple tunes and the ones i delete the pipe and the sensors are the ones that give me issues. If I leave the sensors in the pipe and plugged in... no issues. It has something to do with the sensor values being off when unplugged.

Another round of testing went to the beta testers this weekend.

Cheers
Cindy

ccollins
January 12th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Cindy, we are about to take a 20+ hour trip (each way) to pick up our new 5th wheel here in a month or so. Do you think it is possible for my tuner to get the software necessary to implement the interim fix on my truck? Every 10 minutes is alot of chimes to endure and we will have 4 kids along for the ride. The chiming will wake up our smallest one to be sure. Thanks for your hard work!

Curtis

cindy@efilive
January 13th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Testing at this point is inconclusive. Your best bet for your long trip is to have your tune modified to only activate once per trip, unless that trip extends greater than 6 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

ccollins
January 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Testing at this point is inconclusive. Your best bet for your long trip is to have your tune modified to only activate once per trip, unless that trip extends greater than 6 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy, yes that is what I was referring to - the tune where it just chimes once unless you keep it running for 6+ hours. We can't go much longer than 3 hours - gotta stop and let the kids use the bathroom etc. =D

Thanks, I will get with my tuner.

Curtis

catman3126
February 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM

Cheers
Cindy

so how do we do that in the tune?

GMPX
February 10th, 2013, 09:53 AM
We have just started a new test in beta with additional DTC tables, so far that seems to be working well for a lot of people, I think we are nearly there.

catman3126
February 10th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Ok so where is it in the tune that I can set it to do it every 6 hours instead of ten minutes like cindy said. been looking and haven't found anything? thanks for responding.

cindy@efilive
February 10th, 2013, 10:37 AM
so how do we do that in the tune?

It's not currently available in our public or pre-release software. Only our beta testers have access to it. You could either wait for the next release, or if you used a professional tuner have them modify the tune for you. If they don't have access to the beta files, they can send them to me to fix.

Cheers
Cindy

catman3126
February 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
It's not currently available in our public or pre-release software. Only our beta testers have access to it. You could either wait for the next release, or if you used a professional tuner have them modify the tune for you. If they don't have access to the beta files, they can send them to me to fix.

Cheers
Cindy

Oh I see, No I do my own tuning for my Diesel performance shop. Can I send the tune tunes to you and have it done. have started turning 6.7 cummins business away because I don't want anymore people calling wanting to know if i can do anything when the dinging gets anoying for them. thanks for the replys

cindy@efilive
February 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I could change it for the odd truck, but this fix isn't the 'right' fix moving forward. You should think of this fix as a way to alleviate the grief of a particular customer, not a way of preventing the issue from occurring.

By that statement I mean that many trucks don't have the issue, our fix is temporary, and we don't have time to change it on every truck when only a small percentage will display symptoms (it's a reactive fix, while we work on the pro-active fix)

It should also be noted that when the software is updated and includes these additional parameters the tunes should be re-written and fixed properly.

The new parameters might just make it into our next software release.

Cheers
Cindy

catman3126
February 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I could change it for the odd truck, but this fix isn't the 'right' fix moving forward. You should think of this fix as a way to alleviate the grief of a particular customer, not a way of preventing the issue from occurring.

By that statement I mean that many trucks don't have the issue, our fix is temporary, and we don't have time to change it on every truck when only a small percentage will display symptoms (it's a reactive fix, while we work on the pro-active fix)

It should also be noted that when the software is updated and includes these additional parameters the tunes should be re-written and fixed properly.

The new parameters might just make it into our next software release.

Cheers
Cindy

Sure I completely understand one guy has been listening to this every 10 minutes on the dot for the last 3 months. I really appreciate all the hard work. hmm so this next software realease is the one that does away with they dpf/egr delete tuning from what I gather.

C Murda
February 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Sure I completely understand one guy has been listening to this every 10 minutes on the dot for the last 3 months. I really appreciate all the hard work. hmm so this next software realease is the one that does away with they dpf/egr delete tuning from what I gather.

from what i have gathered and someone PLEASE correct me if im wrong it only does away with DPF/EGR delete in NEW tune files. if you are already deleted and tuned out it will stay that way you just wont be able to change it, it will technically be "locked" in and you can tune away with the new software

fromthesticks
February 14th, 2013, 02:19 AM
I have a 2008 Cummins I tuned for a customer that is setting off the chime and catalyst full in the information center. Can I get the temporary fix for this, the customer is upset and wants his pickup back the way it was and his money back. This is why we purchased EFI Live, we were unaware of the problems that people are having. Help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

zrackers
February 20th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I have an 08 that was just tuned with EFI Live. On my drive to work this morning *running empty 75mph*, I got this ding and message once, but I pressed page button and it went away. It is an annoyance. Can it be resolved?

Robs24vCTD
February 20th, 2013, 07:23 AM
That is what this entire thread is about, as of yet there is no solid resolution. Just be fortunate your not like some of us and get the ding every 10 minutes.

comnrailpwr
February 20th, 2013, 07:29 AM
And fortunate you have tuning ability. Us SCI guys are still waiting.

catman3126
February 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Sci?

comnrailpwr
February 20th, 2013, 08:41 AM
03-05 trucks

zfuller123
February 21st, 2013, 04:13 PM
That is what this entire thread is about, as of yet there is no solid resolution. Just be fortunate your not like some of us and get the ding every 10 minutes.

Send me your current file..... and about a 30 second log of any PIDs you want so i can see the codes. Curious what is going on with yours.

catman3126
March 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Are we close on this?

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:08 PM
My truck does the see dealer now about 40 miles into a trip and about 15 miles into towing when it does it it throws the check engine light on I stopped to check codes with the autocal and nothing if it sits over night most of the time when you go to start it the light is off

catman3126
March 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
hmmm non of mine get the check engine light just the overhead display message.

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Mine gets the check engine light ever time it shows see dealer now

2007 5.9
March 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM
We are testing this in beta...looking promising.

2007 5.9
March 14th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Mine gets the check engine light ever time it shows see dealer now

Is yours saying catalyst full or see dealer?

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
See dealer

2007 5.9
March 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Codes present?

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
No codes

2007 5.9
March 14th, 2013, 04:27 PM
So you get a OHD warming to see dealer and a cel but no codes?

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:28 PM
My tuner told me to put the tune in again so I did today taking a little trip Saturday to the national archery tournament I will post back to see if this helped

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Yes no codes the autocal says no dtc

2007 5.9
March 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM
When was your CCV last replaced?

I've had a few trucks throw a "Crankcase Filter Restriction" Code, which trips a "See Dealer" message and they toss a new one in and it's good.

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Yes get the warnings and no codes

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
It hasn't been replaced since I've owned the truck so I really don't no

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Should I just go ahead and replace the ccv

2007 5.9
March 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I suggest it, but maybe ask your tuner if they disabled that code. I think it was a P1587 code.

james1551
March 14th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks for your time sir

mikebol
March 15th, 2013, 01:18 AM
When I first loaded an EFI tune, I immediately got the oil change reminder on the overhead. I just assumed it popped up because of the change in tunes, from a box tuner to EFI. I cleared the message with the 3x accelerator technique and went on about my business. A few days later, the "service required" overhead message came on. About a week went by with this message popping up at about 10 minutes into my drive and never reoccurring ...

This week I decided to try the CCV reset technique thinking maybe the ECM thinks it's time for that. My theory is that the tune doesn't know that I've already changed the CCV once and is reminding me ... Thursday I did the 2x break, 2x accelerator technique a few times just to be sure it "took". On the next two trips with the truck, no message on the overhead. Each trip was 35 minutes or so.

I'm not claiming victory at all but for those waiting on a software fix, this might be worth trying.

Mike

2007 5.9
March 15th, 2013, 01:20 AM
When I first loaded an EFI tune, I immediately got the oil change reminder on the overhead. I just assumed it popped up because of the change in tunes, from a box tuner to EFI. I cleared the message with the 3x accelerator technique and went on about my business. A few days later, the "service required" overhead message came on. About a week went by with this message popping up at about 10 minutes into my drive and never reoccurring ...

This week I decided to try the CCV reset technique thinking maybe the ECM thinks it's time for that. My theory is that the tune doesn't know that I've already changed the CCV once and is reminding me ... Thursday I did the 2x break, 2x accelerator technique a few times just to be sure it "took". On the next two trips with the truck, no message on the overhead. Each trip was 35 minutes or so.

I'm not claiming victory at all but for those waiting on a software fix, this might be worth trying.

Mike

Can you please provide the clearing method you used...step by step?

mikebol
March 15th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Here's what I did:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position

Some instructions say you have to keep the accelerator pedal down when turning off the key but I did not. This is the same instructions you use to clear the overhead message at 67,500 when the CCV needs to be changed.

My theory is that my tune sees that I'm beyond 67,500 miles but doesn't know that I've replaced the filter so the message is popping up. This is just a theory mind you, I could be completely wrong.

Mike

james1551
March 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM
My tuner told me to put the tune in again so I did today taking a little trip Saturday to the national archery tournament I will post back to see if this helped

Went about 30 miles running 70 mph got the see dealer now and check engine light:help:

Powder_Keg
March 21st, 2013, 04:02 PM
So you get a OHD warming to see dealer and a cel but no codes?

Mine does the same thing once I hit the highway or interstate and maintain a steady rpm over 1900. I have one tune that doesn't do it. But the only thing different from the others is timing, turbo control, and fuel quantity. Other than that everything is the same.

2007 5.9
March 21st, 2013, 11:00 PM
There is a timer we are testing to delay the ding/OHD, stock is 10min.

We can adjust that up to 360min.

If you like you could send me the tune in stock form, ill adjust the timer and send it back and you can write your tune on top of it and test if it helps.

mikebol
April 2nd, 2013, 04:28 AM
Any update on a permanent fix for this message?

My truck throws a P242D at about 30 minutes into each drive. My tuner has turned off the code so I don't get a CEL but the overhead message and ding still persist. Fortunately for me there is only one ding per drive, not a persistent dinging. I suspect others are throwing more codes than I am which is why the overhead is more persistent.

For now I consider myself lucky, but I sure wish I could use a SIM or something to satisfy the computer.

Mike

2007 5.9
April 2nd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Any update on a permanent fix for this message?

My truck throws a P242D at about 30 minutes into each drive. My tuner has turned off the code so I don't get a CEL but the overhead message and ding still persist. Fortunately for me there is only one ding per drive, not a persistent dinging. I suspect others are throwing more codes than I am which is why the overhead is more persistent.

For now I consider myself lucky, but I sure wish I could use a SIM or something to satisfy the computer.

Mike

As I posted above there is a fix via the timer..ask your tuner to turn the timer up.

LBZoom
April 3rd, 2013, 06:49 AM
As I posted above there is a fix via the timer..ask your tuner to turn the timer up.

Can you tell me what the table # is? I just briefly browsed through a 6.7 tune with the newest v7.5 software release and didn't come across it.... thanks!

2007 5.9
April 3rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Can you tell me what the table # is? I just briefly browsed through a 6.7 tune with the newest v7.5 software release and didn't come across it.... thanks!

It's not public yet...if you shoot me your tune, ill fix it and see if it works.

catman3126
May 7th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Any new news on this situation? thanks.

HVD Performance
May 10th, 2013, 02:16 AM
we are having issue with early 07.5 with the timer. Customer doesnt drive truck much maybe 10,000 miles a year hauling horse trailer. As im up to date on software but can do the beta stuff. Is there any time frame on a release to public?

Padendiesel
August 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I need this fixed because I'm tired of getting angry calls... Please!

cindy@efilive
August 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Parameters are scheduled for the next 6.7L cal update. No time frame yet.

Cheers
Cindy

Padendiesel
August 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM
If done the dpf delete option will be removed though? I already have this issue on several trucks what will I be able to do to still support these customers?

2007 5.9
August 13th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Doubtful dpf removal will be included for US customers.

Padendiesel
August 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM
So my current customers that I sold this to when it was still available and are having this issue are just sol?

2007 5.9
August 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM
You won't have access to the dpf tables...BUT as I understand it, if they are deleted prior to table removal you'll still be able to tune them,

You just won't have dpf table access which you shouldn't need.

Padendiesel
August 13th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Okay I'm just worried about it because I have quite a few out there that are having this issue and the phone calls are about as bad as bill collectors and my answer is always "I don't know". It's only like %10 of them but still

mikebol
September 11th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Has there been any advancements in remedying the "See Dealer..." message dinging periodically? Would going to the dealer and laying down a good stock flash then reinstalling my EFI tunes be worth a try?

Mike

tharper
September 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Turn the key on, do not start push the brake pedal twice an then the fuel pedal twice,turn key to off,should be good to go

comnrailpwr
September 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Turn the key on, do not start push the brake pedal twice an then the fuel pedal twice,turn key to off,should be good to go

First I heard of this, can you shed some light on what this is supposed to do?

mikebol
September 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM

tharper, that's the CCV reset procedure. I replaced and reset the CCV months before running EFI. I've tried this procedure after running EFI as well, I even mention it back in this thread ... It does not solve this warning.

Mike

catman3126
September 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
But does it solve the CCV warning?

mikebol
September 11th, 2013, 10:59 AM
But does it solve the CCV warning?
No .. It does not solve this warning. I and others have tried this without success.

tharper
September 12th, 2013, 12:41 PM
gets rid of see dealer for service message

dodgeram082500
September 16th, 2013, 06:26 AM
No I think you must be speaking of the 07.5-09 ECM on the 6.7. I am not aware of us even having the ability to read the 4th gens much less flash them. We will see development for them sometime after the SCI trucks at least Last I've heard. Another words EFI Live does not support the 4th gens at all at the moments. I think its coming ,but not current

Moparmatty
September 27th, 2013, 05:46 AM
I am currently having the same issue with a truck I just tuned.

2008 Cummins Auto, OS11620807, Calibration 62351435AZ. Tune was build straight off a fresh reflash from the dealer. No CEL. Just the see dealer for service come up on the overhead display.

Programmer
October 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Similar problem here...2008 with that same OS. I've rechecked all the settings I've used on other trucks that work fine, but have a "Catalyst Full" message, and chime every 10 minutes.
After resetting all counters with the Starscan, I got it to run a half hour with no 'chime'...but it came back. The only thing I see incrementing is the NOx counter....everything else remains normal.

Hopefully, that's a clue.

PorkChopExpress
October 29th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I also have the 10 mile chime, service required see dealership. When i first did the deletes (looked at Smarty's website) Smarty says to leave the EGR valve motor hooked to the harness. Well in the hast of things i had that still hooked up and zip tied off to the side. I went on a 50 mile jaunt and my check engine light came on along with the lightning bolt icon on the dash. No Dings though. I got home and unhooked the EGR motor and cleared the code P0106. Now my truck chimes every ten miles and gives me the service required.. Im temped to hook the egr harness back in just so i wont have to listen to the dinging every 10 miles...

cumminsDK
October 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
^^^^can anyone verify this as a solution!

kenturbo
October 30th, 2013, 05:18 AM
feedback i'm getting is positive. pull pintle from egr & reinstall, make sure it is plugged in, remove throttle actuator plug or pull side cover off & remove plastic gear & reinstall plug (doesn't seem to matter either method works), install mod file with updated dinger timer, watch how much turbo position you give, or you get a lightening bolt

Programmer
November 1st, 2013, 05:35 AM
feedback i'm getting is positive. pull pintle from egr & reinstall, make sure it is plugged in, remove throttle actuator plug or pull side cover off & remove plastic gear & reinstall plug (doesn't seem to matter either method works), install mod file with updated dinger timer, watch how much turbo position you give, or you get a lightening bolt

Still have the Catalyst full message on this 2008, even with the file you sent me.

I get the message whether or not the differential pressure sensor is connected or disconnected. EGR disconnected, throttle actuator plug now pulled. Sets about 13 minutes into the drive--10 minutes thereafter. O2 sensors removed...never sets any codes (as before).

cindy@efilive
November 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Public beta files are now available for a selected range of OS's. See here for details

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23455-Cummins-6-7L-Overhead-Chime-Public-Beta-software

Cheers
Cindy

KhakiCummins
November 13th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Awesome news! Thanks!!!

gus's03
December 6th, 2013, 07:39 PM
i ran into this issue about a week ago, went into the computer with our solus and reset aftertreatment info. i also found a couple codes lingering in the overhead module and body module that i cleared as well. so far so good, several hundred miles of towing later and still no issues.

computerjlt
May 1st, 2014, 11:00 AM
I'm still having issues with this on one particular truck. the other truck it was cured with the latest beta software update on build 246 of the tune tool.

this truck still dings about every 10 minutes.

anyone have any other ideas? this guy has changed his crank filter recently and it did it before and after that. no other sensor values seem out of whack.

computerjlt
May 1st, 2014, 11:10 AM
one thing I did notice; whenever i open his calibration file the "see dealer reminder timer" box has the blue in the corners like when you make a change but it does not save. It does not report out of bounds and the pcm took the last flash (didnt reject it like if you get some things out of range).

has anyone else seen this happen before? This is on V7.5.7 build 246. The screen cap is right after opening the file. If I put 300 in that box and save it as a new file then close/reopen it looks normal

Mitco39
May 5th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Has there been anymore headway made into this? I did a 6.7 two weeks ago and it does not fall in the OS hot fix patch. I have been randomly checking up on this hoping to see a full update.

Thanks

catman3126
May 5th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Change the OS to one that does. just find a known good OS with the fax and change it to your VIN and flash it in.

cindy@efilive
May 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Has there been anymore headway made into this? I did a 6.7 two weeks ago and it does not fall in the OS hot fix patch. I have been randomly checking up on this hoping to see a full update.

Thanks

Did you email me about this at the time? If you did, I dropped the ball. Email it to me again and I'll follow it up.

Cheers
Cindy

Mitco39
May 6th, 2014, 01:46 AM
Cindy,

No I did not. I can provide you with the tune from tunefiledepot I used to tune the truck if that helps. I just looked at the hot fix OS's and none of those particular ones fit the OS I was using. I could do as catman suggested and change OS's I was just under the understanding that it was the calibration id that was more important on these trucks. It is what I use when I am building tunes for the cummins platform.