PDA

View Full Version : Public release, March 29, 2012

Blacky
March 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Public Release of the EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is now available for download.
If you use this software and something fails please inform us immediately so we can fix it asap.
If the issue is minor, post the issue in this thread. If the issue is major please start a new thread and post a link to the new thread in this thread.

(All we ask is that you make allowances for the time difference between you place and ours - sometimes it will work in your favor, sometimes you may need to wait. We are currently 3 hours behind the US west coast time. So we will be online checking for issues from about 11:30am to 10:00pm US west coast time.)

Please familiarize yourself with the updates that have been made in all RC versions. You may need to manage the differences between this RC10 release and whatever public release your customers may be using. Including helping them to convert their existing *.ctd files to *.ctz files. See the section below under the *.ctd v's *.ctz file format heading, it explains the automatic conversion tools available to help you and your customers convert those files.

We plan for this public release to be the stable release that is currently scheduled to go live on March 31, 2012.

Auto Update:

This latest version uses a new installer from Indigo Rose that is not compatible with the current public release V7.5 and V8 software that has been installed with the QSetup installer.
The installer will automatically check for and uninstall incompatible versions of EFILive. In previous updates some user data (such as registration details) was accidentally being overwritten. This installer attempts to backup and restore that user data so that it is not lost. However, we also recommend backing up your \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 folder prior to installing this update over the top of the previous public release. That way if any files do get overwritten or deleted, you can always restore them from your backup copy.

The new installer supports auto updating but it will not be enabled until the full public release of the EFILive software.
For now, please download and install this release candidate using the links below.

Manual download/install available here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Important information
Boot block and Firmware updates
Please update your FlashScan and AutoCal boot blocks to V2.07.04 (Dec 13, 2011) and the firmware to V2.07.26 (Mar 28, 2012).
The boot block update fixes a problem with AutoCal's LCD in low temperatures.
After updating to firmware V2.07.26, you will no longer be able to revert back to an earlier version of the firmware.

*.ctd v's *.ctz file format
*.ctd (calibration tune data) files are no longer supported by the latest FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. The new file format supported by FlashScan and AutoCal is *.ctz (calibration tune zip) files. The V7.5 and V8 software will continue to allow you to open/read *.ctd files but you can only save files in the new *.ctz file format. This is only a concern for tuners that are sending tune files to their customers. If you want to send *.ctz files to your customers, then your customers must also have the latest V7.5 and V8 software installed and must also have their FlashScans and AutoCals updated with the latest firmware.

We have added an auto conversion feature in the V8 Scan and Tune software that will automatically convert all the *.ctd files to *.ctz files in any folder (and sub-folders) that you select. You can also automatically convert all the *.ctd files to *.ctz files on a FlashScan or AutoCal device. Look for the F8: Tools option in the main Scan and Tune window.

Script Files (i.e. *.obj files used to read/flash the controllers - not to be confused with script files that are used to automate calibration updates)

Script files have been updated. The latest script files should be copied to FlashScan/AutoCal devices.

Known Issues:
Issue #1

Attempting to read a CMB/CMC controller using standalone reading (BBR) when no vehicle is connected to FlashScan/AutoCal may cause FlashScan/AutoCal to hang. In that case you should power cycle FlashScan/AutoCal to regain control.

Issue #2

Sometimes the fields on the "Security Restrictions" panel in the "F3: Tune" -> "F4: Properties" window are not visible - select another panel, then re-select the "Security Restrictions" panel to make them visible again.

Reporting Issues:
If you discover any problems/faults, please make a note of them in this thread.
For urgent or complicated issues, please create a support ticket here: http://support.efilive.com (http://support.efilive.com/)

What's new in this update:
For a description of previous updates, please see the RC10 release thread here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18780-Release-Candidate-10-(updated)-Mar-21-2012 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18780-Release-Candidate-10-%28updated%29-Mar-21-2012)
and here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18702-Release-Candidate-10-Mar-11-2012

Changes in this update:

[*=1]Changed the "FSV2 Link" message on unlinked AutoCals so that it only shows once when the device is powered on and they can be now configured before they are linked.
[*=1]Calibration name searches are now case insensitive, so searching for B0101 and b0101 yield the same result.
[*=1]V8 License display for used/available VIN licenses now matches V7 display.
[*=1]Disabled buttons in other EFILive windows that attempt to send commands to FlashScan/AutoCal when V8 pass-thru read or flash is active.
[*=1]Added "Paste Error Correction" options for updating tables with BEN factor error correction data from the clipboard.
[*=1]Added "Paste help" option at bottom of paste menu in V7 tuning tool.
[*=1]Fixed AL5 Read and Flash in V8.
[*=1]Added E55 BBL.
[*=1]Added E55 pass-thru scanning for V7.
[*=1]Added E78 VVE table support.
[*=1]Fixed installer which was installing V7 documentation into the wrong folder.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

bobo
March 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
If I try to save a .ctz file as a secure file in v7.5 with the check box, it makes me lock it to a v2 or it will not save the file. I shouldn't need to do that unless I'm saving it for remote flashing.

Blacky
March 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM
If I try to save a .ctz file as a secure file in v7.5 with the check box, it makes me lock it to a v2 or it will not save the file. I shouldn't need to do that unless I'm saving it for remote flashing.

That is by design now.

With this new design you may unlock the file again should you need to. But to unlock it you need to have the original FlashScan device connected. That prevents anyone else from unlocking your tune file.

Previously, you were not able to unlock any file that was locked. With that, the risk was someone would lock one of their original tune files and then they would lose access to it forever.

Regards
Paul

Boost
March 29th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Thanks Blacky and EFILive team! So, the '11 E78 support is updated / upgraded but still no 2012 Cruze 1.4t, right?

GMPX
March 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM
2012 Cruze is in there, but, I forgot to add two important torque tables, without them it won't make more power than stock, however both the 2012 OS's have had the tables added today and will get in to a release ASAP.

Duramax 6.6L
March 29th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Installed, :grin:

Thank you for the quick updates and fixes.

Highlander
March 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Was the GM.EOPS PID removed from this release?

ScarabEpic22
March 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Got the licensing bug in V8 fixed!

Can you setup the F5 DTCs to NOT automatically select the Chrysler Powertrain and Network codes? I dont do any Cummins stuff right now so having those always selected eats up valuable space in the config file system. Every time I unselect them and reopen V8 S&T, they are automatically re-selected. So every time I update my V2 I have to go into that tab and deselect those checkboxes. If I unselect the GM ones and leave the Chrsyler ones selected and save the file and reopen, the Chrysler ones are unselected. Theres some weird behavior occurring there... Seems like either ALL are selected or NONE are, shouldn't I be able to choose?

Blacky
March 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Got the licensing bug in V8 fixed!

Can you setup the F5 DTCs to NOT automatically select the Chrysler Powertrain and Network codes? I dont do any Cummins stuff right now so having those always selected eats up valuable space in the config file system. Every time I unselect them and reopen V8 S&T, they are automatically re-selected. So every time I update my V2 I have to go into that tab and deselect those checkboxes. If I unselect the GM ones and leave the Chrsyler ones selected and save the file and reopen, the Chrysler ones are unselected. Theres some weird behavior occurring there... Seems like either ALL are selected or NONE are, shouldn't I be able to choose?

Change the settings to what you want and save as: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\Options.txt (or any filename really)
When the software starts, it loads the most recently saved/opened config file and that's what you'll see.
You can see the file name in the window title bar.

Also you can just press the [Read] button to read the current config from your V2.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 29th, 2012, 12:52 PM
There is a possible situation that can cause confusion. After programming the config into a V2 device, the current folder may have been changed to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\tmp. That is the folder where the current settings are temporarily saved as Options.txt prior to downloading to the device. If you save your file after programming the device, it may be inadvertently saved into the tmp folder and will not be re-loaded when the software next starts. So make sure you save the file into the \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config folder.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Was the GM.EOPS PID removed from this release?

No its still there same as its always been.

Unless the second digit of the VIN is "G" and the fourth is "F", then the EOPS PID won't show up (i.e. for F-Bodies).
F-Body controllers report the EOPS PID as valid, but there was no oil pressure sender to provide that PID with valid data on the F Bodies.

Regards
Paul

Boost
March 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
2012 Cruze is in there, but, I forgot to add two important torque tables, without them it won't make more power than stock, however both the 2012 OS's have had the tables added today and will get in to a release ASAP.

Thank you!!! I know a LOT of people will be very pleased with this, looking forward to that correction being released soon, please let us know. :)

joecar
March 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Was the GM.EOPS PID removed from this release?Highlander,

if you want that pid go File->Enter VIN and enter the VIN from a same year Corvette...

e.g. I change the first 4 digits of the VIN to 1G1Y... this makes the pid GM.EOPS show up which then allows CALC.EOPS to become valid;

Paul said that the 2nd digit has to be G and the 4th digit has to be Y (and not F)... I think that's what he said.

[ of course, in an F-car you would have to wire up an EOPS to the PCM to get meaningful data from those pids ]

GMPX
March 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thank you!!! I know a LOT of people will be very pleased with this, looking forward to that correction being released soon, please let us know. :)
Yeah, I had a call from a shop over here who had a 2012 Cruze strapped on the dyno, it was making no more power than stock no matter what....oops, the two tables cured the problem.

scottcmb
March 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Cant remote flash a tune into my car with my Flash scan V2........the file has been converted to a CTZ but when i got to flash it in with my v2 IT COMES UP WITH $050B ERROR and says its not compatible with the current firmware.........but i have updated the V2 with the latest firmware in the new release as well as the latest bootblock.........what have i done wrong?

Cheers Scotty

Blacky
March 29th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Cant remote flash a tune into my car with my Flash scan V2........the file has been converted to a CTZ but when i got to flash it in with my v2 IT COMES UP WITH $050B ERROR and says its not compatible with the current firmware.........but i have updated the V2 with the latest firmware in the new release as well as the latest bootblock.........what have i done wrong?

Cheers Scotty

You need to re-copy all the support files (*.obj, *.bix etc) onto the V2.
Connect up the V2, open the [F5: BBX] tab page in the V8 software, click [Read] to get the current V2 config, then click [Program] to update that same config back into the V2.

It updates the files based on dates, sometimes due to date/time differences between here and where you are it may not work in the first 24 hours after a release.
So you can force it by clicking the little black triangle on the [Program] button and selecting [Program All Required Data (slower)]. It will take longer but all files will be updated regardless of date/time stamps.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 29th, 2012, 03:53 PM
sometimes due to date/time differences between here and where you are it may not work in the first 24 hours after a release.

Ha, I forgot you're just down in Tokoroa :)
Regards
Paul

Boost
March 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I had a call from a shop over here who had a 2012 Cruze strapped on the dyno, it was making no more power than stock no matter what....oops, the two tables cured the problem.

Haha, that's nice, well like I said I anxiously anticipate the correct release, please do let us know as soon as it's available! Thanks again!!!

GMPX
March 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Haha, that's nice, well like I said I anxiously anticipate the correct release, please do let us know as soon as it's available! Thanks again!!!
Paul hinted for Sunday, but if you want to proceed then use this release and I can send you the .calz file with the updates, it's all done.

Cheers,
Ross

Boost
March 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Oh pleeease would you Ross? I didn't want to ask but I'd GREATLY appreciate it!

GMPX
March 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Email sent

scottcmb
March 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Ha, I forgot you're just down in Tokoroa :)
Regards
Paul

HAHA...yes Paul down here in the sunny South Waikato.
Did what you suggested and it worked a treat.......thanks for your quick support......and thanks again for producing such an awesome product.......it makes me have a whole lot more enjoyment with my HSV GTS!!!!!

Cheers again...Scotty :)

Boost
March 29th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Got it, thank you very much! I also really appreciate the instructions and advice, very kind of you!!!

1998ws6
March 31st, 2012, 06:27 AM
2012 Cruze support sounds great, Friend just bought one last Monday and called to see if i could tune it. I'll do a read on it monday and wait for the 2 tablest to be public release, since I am sure he wants more HP.

Boost
March 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM
A Cruze owner wants more power?? No way... :hihi:

ecc_33
April 1st, 2012, 02:19 AM
After the updates i now get this window when trying to flash a truck. The flash scan/ auto cal interface is not compatible with this version of efi live software. Please install the latest version 8 efi live software (which i have installed) then use the efi live HAPI program to update the firmware. My boot block is v 2.07.04 and my firmware is 2.07.26. What is this HAPI program. Can't seem to find it. Thanks!

joecar
April 1st, 2012, 05:03 AM
After the updates i now get this window when trying to flash a truck. The flash scan/ auto cal interface is not compatible with this version of efi live software. Please install the latest version 8 efi live software (which i have installed) then use the efi live HAPI program to update the firmware. My boot block is v 2.07.04 and my firmware is 2.07.26. What is this HAPI program. Can't seem to find it. Thanks!You have to run the V8 S&T software, goto the BBx window, and program the ECM/pidlists into your V2.

Boost
April 1st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Just want to say that I successfully read, tuned and flashed my first 2012 1.4t Cruze today. I went fast and smooth. I am very happy with every aspect of the process and two big thumbs up to EFILive for being the 1st again (and me with ya hehe) to bring an ultra high quality product!!!

Boost
April 1st, 2012, 06:25 AM
Just want to say that I successfully read, tuned and flashed my first 2012 1.4t Cruze today. I went fast and smooth. I am very happy with every aspect of the process and two big thumbs up to EFILive for being the 1st again (and me with ya hehe) to bring an ultra high quality product!!!

Also, make sure you update firmware and boot block to latest version or it will not work, EFILive has already made this also very easy and automated / stupid proof.

Blacky
April 1st, 2012, 07:23 AM
After the updates i now get this window when trying to flash a truck. The flash scan/ auto cal interface is not compatible with this version of efi live software. Please install the latest version 8 efi live software (which i have installed) then use the efi live HAPI program to update the firmware. My boot block is v 2.07.04 and my firmware is 2.07.26. What is this HAPI program. Can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Firmware 2.07.26 is the latest firmware.
Since your firmware is up to date, that just means is the V7 software is lagging behind.
You should make sure the V7 software is V7.5.7 build 200. You can check the V7 software version using the Help->About menu option.

P.S. The EFILive HAPI program is actually the "EFLive Control Panel", it used to be called the EFILive Hardware Application Programming Interface (HAPI).

Regards
Paul

ecc_33
April 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
It is V7.5.7 but its build 198 Thanks for the help.

GMPX
April 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks Boost, hope you can get that nasty factory knock sorted out.

cumminsDK
April 2nd, 2012, 06:11 AM
There is a small issue with the public release, i applied a script file to a stock tune for an 07 6.7l cummins and it set part of the fuel pressure tables to zero in the lower right hand corner. This is a script file that i had used successfully with the last release. Consequently the table in the timing calculator also showed zero in the same area.

Blacky
April 2nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
There is a small issue with the public release, i applied a script file to a stock tune for an 07 6.7l cummins and it set part of the fuel pressure tables to zero in the lower right hand corner. This is a script file that i had used successfully with the last release. Consequently the table in the timing calculator also showed zero in the same area.

Can you send me (paul@efilive.com) the script file and the original *.ctz tune file that you applied the script to so that I can try and reproduce the problem here?

Regards
Paul

minytrker
April 2nd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Update went smooth and so far zero issues found. Great job guys!

Boost
April 2nd, 2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks Boost, hope you can get that nasty factory knock sorted out.

I now have less than 3.0 KR @ 19 psi boost and flirting with 180 horsepower. Just logged 500 miles of data, have lots of questions and will post them in another thread. Working great for me as far as E78 is concerned.

boaty3
April 3rd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Ok I see the release is public now. Can I please get step by step instructions how to update my autocal so I can full flash my LB7 so I can install and use a DSP switch? Thanks!

bobo
April 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM
LBZ van os 12606128 does not support DSP5 upgrade. Is this correct? I know I did a dsp5 van a few months ago, but it was an LMM.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18419-06-LBZ-DSP-upgrade&highlight=lbz+van

It's a van, so using another OS is out of the question......it don't work.

GMPX
April 9th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Bobo, I'd have to check on my development PC in the morning, but I think that one should be covered. There was just one LMM OS we skipped from memory.

vortecfcar
April 9th, 2012, 01:19 AM
The 06 Vans are not supported DSP5, nor are the 4500/5500 series LMMs with OS 0015.

Nick

bobo
April 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Bobo, I'd have to check on my development PC in the morning, but I think that one should be covered. There was just one LMM OS we skipped from memory.

Please let me know. That shop put in a switch for the dsp5 already.

GMPX
April 9th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Bobo, sorry but I was wrong, the Van OS does not support DSP5 (or DSP2). The Van's OS had different table structures to the trucks, yet it retained the same OS number, I'll try to explain the issue.
The problem with that was a couple of the DSP tables in the trucks (just as examples) may have been defined as say 17 x 17 in size, the van OS for the same table used 14 x 17, or 14 x 14, something along those lines. So we couldn't put the DSP tables in the Vans OS because they didn't match in size. This would not have been a problem IF GM had given the Van a different OS number, but they didn't, it's the same as the trucks and so we could not distinguish what maps would need to be used when the DSP upgrade patch was done, truck style or van style. Sorry Bobo.

minytrker
April 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I found a problem. When I tried to use V8 it crashed my HP laptop which wouldnt recover. I bought a brand new HP and V8 crashes it also, but it was able to re-boot. I have to use the old drivers or it wont recognize my V2 but every time I try V8 it goes instantly to blue screen of death.

GMPX
April 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Is that anytime you plug it in, or only when Windows is booting up with the V2 plugged in?

Blacky
April 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I found a problem. When I tried to use V8 it crashed my HP laptop which wouldnt recover. I bought a brand new HP and V8 crashes it also, but it was able to re-boot. I have to use the old drivers or it wont recognize my V2 but every time I try V8 it goes instantly to blue screen of death.

I have an HP Elitebook 8730 which also blue screens when booting up or when connecting to a docking station if multiple FTDI devices are connected. The same is probably true if a hub with multiple devices was connected. It is a fault in the FTDI drivers which does not occur when using the new drivers. However, the V7.5 software is not 100% compatible with the new drivers on some platforms so you have to use the old drivers and just remember not to have multiple FTDI devices connected when performing actions that cause drivers to get activated/deactivated.

Can you please confirm the exact details that are present when it crashes.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
April 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Is that anytime you plug it in, or only when Windows is booting up with the V2 plugged in?

Anytime I open V8 with my V2 plugged in.

minytrker
April 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I have an HP Elitebook 8730 which also blue screens when booting up or when connecting to a docking station if multiple FTDI devices are connected. The same is probably true if a hub with multiple devices was connected. It is a fault in the FTDI drivers which does not occur when using the new drivers. However, the V7.5 software is not 100% compatible with the new drivers on some platforms so you have to use the old drivers and just remember not to have multiple FTDI devices connected when performing actions that cause drivers to get activated/deactivated.

Can you please confirm the exact details that are present when it crashes.

Regards
Paul

On both laptop's I was running on laptop battery and the only thing plugged in was my V2 into a usb plug on the laptop. I had already been using EFI with V7.5 for a couple hours on the 1st laptop then desided to flash a E38 with V8 and soon as I opened V8 the laptop when to blue screen. It has yet to ever come back on.
The brand new laptop I did a fresh install off efilive.com and the laptop would instantly go to blue screen as soon as I plugged in V2. I then installed the older driver as a administrator and could open efi and my laptop recognized my v2. I used it like that for a day or two and then desided to try V8 again since I had another E38 car. Same thing again, V8 blue screened my brand new laptop. After 30 mins of trying to get it to re-boot it finally came back on. I have since re-installed everything and am using the older driver but I have not tried V8 in fear or bricking another laptop. I have a couple really old laptop I can try it on but they are all dell where all 3 of my new laptops are HP so not sure it will be a apples to apples test.

Blacky
April 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
It may be worth removing the FTDI drivers and associated driver software, then reinstalling the drivers.

Open the Windows Device Manager and uninstall all FlashScan/AutoCal devices with the option to delete driver software.

If you don't have FlashScan/AutoCal connected, you can still see/remove the drivers if you set the environment variable:
DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 before opening the Windows Device Manager. And select the device manager menu option: View->Show Hidden Devices.

Re-install the drivers using the program Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Manager
Reconnect FlashScan, wait for the drivers to load.

Start the V8 software. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 9th, 2012, 05:31 PM
After 30 mins of trying to get it to re-boot it finally came back on.

I'd guess that if you disconnect the FlashScan device, it should boot up without blue screening.
Can you confirm that when the laptop was failing to boot after the blue screen that the FlashScan was still connected?

Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
April 9th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I was going to start a new thread the other day, but did some more "playing" and got my flashscan working again but seeing as i fixed it, thought i should atleast mention it in here, incase it happens again.

I have 2 x V2 Units, 1 blue, 1 black.
2 x Techedge 2j9 wideband using serial
blue was loaded with firmware .23
black had the latest .26

Problem: I couldnt get afr to come up the scanner or v2 unit's. lambda was working fine, just no afr.
Solution: Upgrading the firmware on the blue one got the afr working straight away, yet it took a reloading of the firmware on the black for it to come good again. this included me powering up/down both units multiple times.

Anyway they are working again now but it was a WTF is going on moment for a while. (I even have a log from a car where lambda is changing but afr is at 0 jumping up to 25, 6 etc)

Blacky
April 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Anyway they are working again now but it was a WTF is going on moment for a while. (I even have a log from a car where lambda is changing but afr is at 0 jumping up to 25, 6 etc)

In one of the RC versions we added the option to specify a stoich value that is used to convert from Lambda (i.e. the value from the WO2) into AFR. It had a bug that caused the stoichiometric value to default to 0 instead of 14.7 IT was corrected in a later firmware version.

You should check that the stoich value is set correctly in the settings for FlashScan for the fuel you are using - as shown below:

If it is/was set to 0 (i.e. has never been set by you) it will now correctly default to, and show up in the settings, as to 14.7 instead of 0.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
April 10th, 2012, 03:41 AM
I'd guess that if you disconnect the FlashScan device, it should boot up without blue screening.
Can you confirm that when the laptop was failing to boot after the blue screen that the FlashScan was still connected?

Regards
Paul

I always unplug the V2 if the laptop crashes, and I never boot up the laptop with anything plugged in. I always wait until the laptop is done booting up before plugging in the v2 or anything else.

bobo
April 10th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Bobo, sorry but I was wrong, the Van OS does not support DSP5 (or DSP2). The Van's OS had different table structures to the trucks, yet it retained the same OS number, I'll try to explain the issue.
The problem with that was a couple of the DSP tables in the trucks (just as examples) may have been defined as say 17 x 17 in size, the van OS for the same table used 14 x 17, or 14 x 14, something along those lines. So we couldn't put the DSP tables in the Vans OS because they didn't match in size. This would not have been a problem IF GM had given the Van a different OS number, but they didn't, it's the same as the trucks and so we could not distinguish what maps would need to be used when the DSP upgrade patch was done, truck style or van style. Sorry Bobo.

There is some way to distinguish between a van and a truck. The van os says no DSP 5 upgrade available and the same os in a truck config allows a dsp5 upgrade.

When a dsp5 upgrade is done, the operating system is changed. Why can't the van dsp5 os be different than the truck dsp5 os even if they originate from the same stock os?

GMPX
April 10th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Bobo, it's subtle but the .calz file number isn't the same. I remember back when we first saw this problem and couldn't believe Bosch would designate the same OS number to tunes that are different. I had (and still haven't) ever seen any other GM controller do this.
In the end we had to look for specific markers in the file to know that we had to load an alternate .calz file that showed the right tables to match the Van.
Notice how the OS number is 12632483, but the .calz file we load is called 12632484.

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/OS_Calz.png

Unfortunately though V7.5 still see's both files as 12632483, so we can't Upgrade the OS to DSP to match the Van because the patch can't pick the difference between them.
There is also an LMM OS we don't do DSP for, 12620015, this is used on Motorhomes and the 5500's.

Laychut
April 11th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Hi,
I have tried to down load the latest V8 software, but the link seems to be down. I have tried on two different computers.

Cheers,
Laychut

joecar
April 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Try downloading builds 201 and 192 from here: EFILive downloads page (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

Wolfie
April 11th, 2012, 01:03 PM
FWIW Dept...
I have 4 FTDI devices and 2 programmable FTDI devices to control my radio equipment.
After installing the newest FTDI device drivers from FTDI,
and then installing the EFILive software, the computer would blue screen over and over.
If I completly removed all of the FTDI device drivers, and only install the EFILive drivers, everything would work just fine,
If I completly removed all of the FTDI device drivers, and only install the FTDI device drivers from FTDI, everything would work just fine,
So it seems that the EFILive drivers are not compatable with FTDI's.
My solution was to install EFILive on a different laptop.

Blacky
April 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
FWIW Dept...
I have 4 FTDI devices and 2 programmable FTDI devices to control my radio equipment.
After installing the newest FTDI device drivers from FTDI,
and then installing the EFILive software, the computer would blue screen over and over.
If I completly removed all of the FTDI device drivers, and only install the EFILive drivers, everything would work just fine,
If I completly removed all of the FTDI device drivers, and only install the FTDI device drivers from FTDI, everything would work just fine,
So it seems that the EFILive drivers are not compatable with FTDI's.
My solution was to install EFILive on a different laptop.

The EFILive drivers are FTDI's drivers. They are digitally signed by Microsoft and certified to be identical to FTDI's drivers. In fact FTDI supplied the drivers to EFILive that we get digitally signed by Microsoft under our own name. EFILive does not make any modifications to the drivers -we are not allowed to or Microsoft will not and cannot sign them. We just package them and have them re-signed under our own name.

Regardless, I think the problem is a conflict between the old and new drivers supplied by FTDI. EFILive V7.5 must use the older drivers, EFILive V8 can use the older or newer drivers. However, if you have other devices that use the newer drivers and you install the older drivers (for V7.5) then the FTDI driver set gets messed up. I've tried contacting FTDI support about it but they are not much help, they just tell me to upgrade the drivers to the newer ones. That's understandable from their point of view, but that breaks the V7.5 software.

In other news, once EFILive V7.5 is retired and V8 takes over the scanning and tuning duties then the old/new driver conflict will no longer be a problem.

Regards
Paul

Wolfie
April 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
That is great news for me, at least!
I have been haunted with that for quite a long time, and never gave a thought to different versions.
I was even changing my devices with FT_PROG, thinking I might have caused the problem...
anyway, thanks for the update, I should have made a comment about that a long time ago...

bobo
April 12th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Is there a way to make v7.5 default to check the try alt keys and use high speed boxes when tuning. Also default V8 to check try alt keys, assume lock is faulty, and use high speed. I think it might be a good idea to move those check boxes to a settings button and only make it show up if a flash fails kind of like the vin unlock button shows up after a failed flash. I guess what I'm getting at, is why would you not use try alt keys and why is the check box there? I have my customers check it all the time on the diesel stuff. Some new customers get confused or forget/accidentally uncheck it. It's not a big deal, but having software that defaults to the most common settings when it is first downloaded would make it easier to use for a new customer.

bobo
April 12th, 2012, 04:50 AM
If v7.5 can't tell the difference, can I get a separate tab that can make a dsp5 van os?
Bobo, it's subtle but the .calz file number isn't the same. I remember back when we first saw this problem and couldn't believe Bosch would designate the same OS number to tunes that are different. I had (and still haven't) ever seen any other GM controller do this.
In the end we had to look for specific markers in the file to know that we had to load an alternate .calz file that showed the right tables to match the Van.
Notice how the OS number is 1263248 (tel:1263248)3, but the .calz file we load is called 1263248 (tel:1263248)4.

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/OS_Calz.png

Unfortunately though V7.5 still see's both files as 12632483 (tel:12632483), so we can't Upgrade the OS to DSP to match the Van because the patch can't pick the difference between them.
There is also an LMM OS we don't do DSP for, 12620015 (tel:12620015), this is used on Motorhomes and the 5500's.

Right now it gives a dsp2 and a dsp5 option, how about a dsp5-van option?

Blacky
April 12th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Is there a way to make v7.5 default to check the try alt keys and use high speed boxes when tuning. Also default V8 to check try alt keys, assume lock is faulty, and use high speed. I think it might be a good idea to move those check boxes to a settings button and only make it show up if a flash fails kind of like the vin unlock button shows up after a failed flash. I guess what I'm getting at, is why would you not use try alt keys and why is the check box there? I have my customers check it all the time on the diesel stuff. Some new customers get confused or forget/accidentally uncheck it. It's not a big deal, but having software that defaults to the most common settings when it is first downloaded would make it easier to use for a new customer.

Hi Bob,

If your customers cannot read/flash their controllers without using the alt keys or assume lock is faulty options, then you should be telling your customers to use the unlock option to set up a standard GM seed/key in their controller. That way in future they won't need to select that option.

As for the factory default settings for those settings, t takes 10 seconds per failed key to unlock an ECM. Trying the alternate keys can slow down the process by as much as 30-50 seconds for stock controllers. The alt keys and "assume lock is faulty" are for the very small number of ECMs that have had their locking systems messed up somehow. The vast majority of controllers can be unlocked without using those options.

I might be missing something on the "use high speed" option, but are you saying that your customers cannot read/flash their controller unless the "use high speed" option is off? In that case it is most likely a rogue module that is not switching to high speed. In that case pulling the module's fuse would help. Using low speed mode is 4 times slower, so I guess its a trade off between how long it takes to pull/replace a fuse compared to how much longer it takes to read/flash in low speed mode.

Regards
Paul

THEFERMANATOR
April 15th, 2012, 01:57 AM
How do we manually check for software updates now? I found the tab in the V7 tune tool to check for updates with it and found there was an update for it above the first public release I downloaded, but I can't find a way to do it with the V8. I used to go under start, EFILIVE, and then select the check for updates under teh tools tab, but I see that option is no longer available.

Duramax 6.6L
April 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM
How do we manually check for software updates now? I found the tab in the V7 tune tool to check for updates with it and found there was an update for it above the first public release I downloaded, but I can't find a way to do it with the V8. I used to go under start, EFILIVE, and then select the check for updates under teh tools tab, but I see that option is no longer available.

I do not think they have implemented the check for updates yet, They turned that feature off.

I do not remember reading the it was available to use yet.

GMPX
April 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
As has been discussed in previous thread, we changed software installers on this new version. If you have older software then you must manually uninstall that software first.
Once the software versions from this thread are installed you can check for updates by doing the following:

V7
Go to 'Help' then click the 'check for updates' option.

V8
On the main page, the big Icon that says "Install Updates" (probably should say Check rather than install).

And yes, there has been an update already, so feel free to give it a go.

Cheers,
Ross

THEFERMANATOR
April 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM
As has been discussed in previous thread, we changed software installers on this new version. If you have older software then you must manually uninstall that software first.
Once the software versions from this thread are installed you can check for updates by doing the following:

V7
Go to 'Help' then click the 'check for updates' option.

V8
On the main page, the big Icon that says "Install Updates" (probably should say Check rather than install).

And yes, there has been an update already, so feel free to give it a go.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks.

GMPX
April 15th, 2012, 11:12 AM
The main web page links (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133) also have the latest versions as well.

2006Cummins
April 16th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Just updated to the latest public v7.5 and v8 software release, and checked for updates. Firmware: 2.07.26 (Mar 28, 2012). Bootblock: 2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011). Config files: cummins cm849 (apr 16 2012), options (apr 16 2012). Getting a $502 error (something about script files) when trying to flash using just the v2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Blacky
April 16th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Just updated to the latest public v7.5 and v8 software release, and checked for updates. Firmware: 2.07.26 (Mar 28, 2012). Bootblock: 2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011). Config files: cummins cm849 (apr 16 2012), options (apr 16 2012). Getting a $502 error (something about script files) when trying to flash using just the v2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

I recommend doing this:
1. Start the V8 Scan and Tune software.
2. Open the BBX settings window.
3. Click on read to read your V2's current configuration.
4. Select "Format CONFIG File System" from the [Program] button's drop down menu.
5. Click on the [Program] button to program all required files.

If that still does not work, use the "Program all Required Data (slower)" option on the drop down menu. Sometimes, within 24 hours of an update (due to crossing the international date line) the date/time stamps on the config files can confuse the algorithm that decides if a file is older or newer than what's on the device. Using the "all" option overrides that algorithm and copies all files.

Regards
Paul

2006Cummins
April 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I will give that a try, thanks.

THEFERMANATOR
April 17th, 2012, 04:39 AM
I recommend doing this:
1. Start the V8 Scan and Tune software.
2. Open the BBX settings window.
3. Click on read to read your V2's current configuration.
4. Select "Format CONFIG File System" from the [Program] button's drop down menu.
5. Click on the [Program] button to program all required files.

If that still does not work, use the "Program all Required Data (slower)" option on the drop down menu. Sometimes, within 24 hours of an update (due to crossing the international date line) the date/time stamps on the config files can confuse the algorithm that decides if a file is older or newer than what's on the device. Using the "all" option overrides that algorithm and copies all files.

Regards
Paul

I tried the method above and it still wouldn't work. I found I had to go into the EXPLORER program and manually delete the files from the options tab and then format and program all to get mine to work.

2006Cummins
April 17th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Worked for me. Thanks!

Blacky
April 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I tried the method above and it still wouldn't work. I found I had to go into the EXPLORER program and manually delete the files from the options tab and then format and program all to get mine to work.

There are two file systems that can be formatted. If you format the DATA file system, that will have no effect on your config files. You'd need to format the CONFIG file system. If the CONFIG file system was formatted then there would be no files left in the CONFIG file system (i.e on the [F9: Config Files] tab page) for you to delete. It may be possible that you formatted the DATA file system, thinking it was formatting the CONFIG file system.

Some background info that may help...

You can only format the CONFIG file system from a PC, using either the drop down menu format option of the [Program] button in the BBX setup window, or from the [Format] button on the [F9: Config Files] tab page in EFILive Explorer.

You can only format the DATA file system using FlashScan's or AutoCal's on-board file system format option.

The reason you cannot format the CONFIG file system from the FlashScan or AutoCal device is so that you do not accidentally format it while away from a PC (i.e. at the track). If you did that then your device is useless until you can reload the config files from your PC.

Regards
Paul

Wolfie
April 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Can I install the V8 package without the FTDI driver??????
I would like to have the V7/V8 on one laptop for editing the tunes but not touch my existing FTDI drivers...

Blacky
April 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Can I install the V8 package without the FTDI driver??????
I would like to have the V7/V8 on one laptop for editing the tunes but not touch my existing FTDI drivers...

No you can't install without the drivers, they are automatically installed during installation.

Regards
Paul

hhrecovery
April 19th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I tried to upload a new file into my truck today. .. I keep getting EFI Live script exited with code $312 Sub Function not supported or invalid.... I have updated everything to the newest version and firmware.. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it... Thanks.

Blacky
April 19th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I tried to upload a new file into my truck today. .. I keep getting EFI Live script exited with code $312 Sub Function not supported or invalid.... I have updated everything to the newest version and firmware.. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it... Thanks.

There's a bunch of information we'd need to collect from you to help track down the problem, it would be best if you logged a help desk ticket here: http://support.efilive.com/

Regards
Paul

GMPX
April 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
I tried to upload a new file into my truck today. .. I keep getting EFI Live script exited with code $312 Sub Function not supported or invalid....
Has there been any previous programmers loaded on to this truck?
Are you able to read the tune out of the truck ok?

hhrecovery
April 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Has there been any previous programmers loaded on to this truck?
Are you able to read the tune out of the truck ok?

Nothing else ever used... It has a tune in it now and I have been running it for a couple weeks like this... I had a new tune made to make some minor changes and now it won't upload or read the current tune...

GMPX
April 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Did your tuner lock it?

hhrecovery
April 22nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Did your tuner lock it?

Sorry, as in read. I meant it won't read the tune that is currently in the truck..

davematthews
April 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
If your tuner locked it. You can't read the file that's in the truck. Or view the file in the Tune software. All you can do is flash over it.. Only if the tune that is currently on your truck is locked. Not the tune your trying to flash in.. COurse if that ones locked too. You'll have the same issue with it.

Tre-Cool
April 22nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
can i ask when the accessory power flicker at about the 46kb mark on the e38's happened?

i only flash with the 7.5 program and it's annoying as all hell when programming and it resets anything powered up by the accessory power circuits, including the stereo and lights. (in ve commodores).

Blacky
April 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
can i ask when the accessory power flicker at about the 46kb mark on the e38's happened?

i only flash with the 7.5 program and it's annoying as all hell when programming and it resets anything powered up by the accessory power circuits, including the stereo and lights. (in ve commodores).

It happens when a packet that gets sent to the ECM is not received correctly. The CAN bus is reset and the failed packet is retried. Resetting the CAN bus causes modules other than the one that is being flashed to also reset.

Does it always happen at exactly the same place?

Why can't you flash using the V8 software?
If you can use the V8 software, does it reset with the V8 software as well?

Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
April 23rd, 2012, 12:19 AM
i havent tried flashing with the v8 because i cant see the point in shutting down the 7.5 editor to open it in v8, then find the file to flash. (sounds lazy but it only takes 40 seconds to flash with 7.5 anyway)

i've been flashing on acc power only aswell to see if that makes a difference and it doesnt.

I'll give v8 a go and report back.

Blacky
April 23rd, 2012, 09:27 AM
i havent tried flashing with the v8 because i cant see the point in shutting down the 7.5 editor to open it in v8, then find the file to flash. (sounds lazy but it only takes 40 seconds to flash with 7.5 anyway)

i've been flashing on acc power only aswell to see if that makes a difference and it doesnt.

I'll give v8 a go and report back.

You don't need to shut down V7.5 to flash with V8. You can run them both at the same time.
You just can't have the V7.5 tool connected to FlashScan at the same time the V8 tool is connected.
However, if you're just using the V7 tool to edit/save files then there should be no problem having the v8 tool running as well to use for flashing.
Make sure you start V7 first so it "sees" the FlashScan device when it starts.

Here's some hints to help manage the connection:

The EFILive Scan Tool is always connected to FlashScan once you click on the [Connect] button. You must disconnect the V7 Scan Tool prior to using the V8 software to do anything that requires connecting to FlashScan.
The EFILive Tune Tool is only connected to FlashScan when one of the following windows is open:

Read
Flash
Full-Flash
Locking
PCM Info
VIN Licensing

The V8 software is always connected once a connection to FlashScan has been established.
You can temporarily disconnect the V8 software by right clicking on the FlashScan icon in the System Tray (on the task bar near the clock) and selecting Disconnect. V8 will automatically reconnect if you perform any action in V8 that requires a connection. However that connection will fail if the V7 software currently has a connection to FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

ls1mike
April 24th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Hi guys I keep getting a V2 $050B on files that were working for bbx flash up until this release. I've tried saving as .tun and .ctz and even autocal ctz. Also tried opening and re-saving it from v7.5 and v8. Same error. Firmware and bootblock are up to date. Not a very big deal as I can still do normal flashes but sometimes I like not using the laptop. Any advice?

joecar
April 24th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hi guys I keep getting a V2 $050B on files that were working for bbx flash up until this release. I've tried saving as .tun and .ctz and even autocal ctz. Also tried opening and re-saving it from v7.5 and v8. Same error. Firmware and bootblock are up to date. Not a very big deal as I can still do normal flashes but sometimes I like not using the laptop. Any advice?
Hi Mike,

You have to do Program All on the BBx configuration.

ls1mike
April 24th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I had done that but did it again and it worked. Formatted first this time in case it happens to anyone else.

Jstewy21
April 26th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I am having issues with my V2 updating the Boot Block and Firmware. Says Flashscan is unresponsive?

Blacky
April 26th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I am having issues with my V2 updating the Boot Block and Firmware. Says Flashscan is unresponsive?

Included in the latest V8 software installation is a recovery option that should hopefully help you recover your FlashScan from that state.
Its in the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win64 bit systems)
or
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win32 bit systems)

Please read through the file called ReadMe.txt

Regards
Paul

Rhino79
April 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
My flashscan will not flash with 7.5 but it will with v8??? I get an error message Ill have to take a screen shot. Any ideas??

Blacky
April 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM
My flashscan will not flash with 7.5 but it will with v8??? I get an error message Ill have to take a screen shot. Any ideas??
No ideas, until you can provide a little more information :)
Regards
Paul

Rhino79
April 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Here is the error message I get. Basically it gets all the way to the point of starting the flash and says flash failed. I power down and this message pops up, works flawlessly in v8 tho???
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/rhino79/Untitled.png

Blacky
April 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Here is the error message I get. Basically it gets all the way to the point of starting the flash and says flash failed. I power down and this message pops up, works flawlessly in v8 tho???

What is happening:
EFILive is trying to save a backup file of your VIN licenses from the FlashScan device. I.e. a list of what controllers are licensed to your FlashScan device so that if your FlashScan device is ever lost/stolen/damaged, we can "clone" a new FlashScan device with all your existing VIN licenses from that backup file.

Why is it a problem?
In previous versions of Windows, (Win2K and WinXP etc) program were allowed to create and update files in the "Program Files" folder. With the latest versions of Windows (Vista and Win7) Microsoft have changed it so that by default programs cannot create files in the Program Files folder. So when EFILive tries to create the *.lbu (license backup file) Windows security prevents it.

What can you do to get around the problem right now?
You can take ownership of the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 (or \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5):
Right click on the V7.5 folder in Windows Explorer and select [Properties], then follow the instructions in the image below.

What is EFILive doing about it in future?
We will change the V7 software to store the *.lbu files in the \My Documents\EFILive\V7 folder.

Regards
Paul

Rhino79
April 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
THanks Paul, I went through the steps, will post back with results probably tomorrow.

GMPX
April 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I got fed up with Win7 paranoia pretty fast, On PC's running Win7 I have the UAC set to it's lowest setting. It fixes all these (and other) annoying problems with permissions, and of course you need to be the admin when logging in.
However, if you choose to change your UAC setting, you need to make sure you have a decent firewall, virus scanner, spy/malware detection etc (that goes without saying really).

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/UAC.png

Tre-Cool
April 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Okay, i did the flash using v8 and the accessories doesnt power cycle. flash time is about half of 7.5.

my crazy thought was perhaps seeing as it's about the 18~20 second mark that the power cycle happens in 7.5 and that's the time it takes v8 to flash and then cycle the power that perhaps it's something in the script?

It happens when a packet that gets sent to the ECM is not received correctly. The CAN bus is reset and the failed packet is retried. Resetting the CAN bus causes modules other than the one that is being flashed to also reset.

Does it always happen at exactly the same place?

Why can't you flash using the V8 software?
If you can use the V8 software, does it reset with the V8 software as well?

Regards
Paul

Jstewy21
April 27th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Included in the latest V8 software installation is a recovery option that should hopefully help you recover your FlashScan from that state.
Its in the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win64 bit systems)
or
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win32 bit systems)

Please read through the file called ReadMe.txt

Regards
Paul

Sorry I was being a dumbass lol, found the info on updating from 2.0.4 or something like that. And then updated a non compatible firmware after upgrading the boot block and really shit myself :Eyecrazy: haha. All good now, I'll read the entire directions next time.

krobinson2@nc.rr.com
April 29th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I am having a problem since upgrading software to the latest 8.2.1 version. I had plugged in previously to my 98 Corvette with no problem and uploaded the current program. After upgrading I receive a number of various errors. Can someone tell me if they have seen this and if so what the resolution is. Thanks, Ken

ScarabEpic22
April 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Ok, what firmware/bootblock are you currently using on your V2?

After a certain bb/fw, you need to use the EFILive Control Panel application to flash and NOT the V2 Programmer software (was released initially so we could program the V2 before the V8 stuff was released).

First, make sure you're running the latest and greatest software (V7.5.7 build 204 and V8.2.1 build 195) from the main downloads page Link to EFILive Software Downloads (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133).

Try this, plug your V2 in, open V8 Scan & Tune, then click the little V2 icon that pops up near the windows clock. Then click F6 Firmware, click Update BootBlock. Wait for your V2 to enter dead-poll (2 amber LEDs flashing alternately), then click Update Firmware. Should program then reboot your V2, then you can use V8 to read/flash. Also you need to recopy all of your BBX settings if you're using any of the standalone reading/flashing/scanning features.

mickeycarter08
May 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
13083I changed everything as described on post #95 and just got a chance to try reflashing. Still having the same issue. Any ideas?

Blacky
May 2nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
I changed everything as described on post #95 and just got a chance to try reflashing. Still having the same issue. Any ideas?
Did you try right-clicking on the EFILive Tune Tool icon and selecting "Run as Administrator"?
Regards
Paul

krobinson2@nc.rr.com
May 5th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the tips. I checked and its says the firmware is up to date andI could not find the icon (V2) you mentioned. I tried several times to get the unit into dead-poll mode. It seems that the upgrade broke something. have you ever tried rolling the version back and just starting over?

Regards,
Ken

Blacky
May 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the tips. I checked and its says the firmware is up to date andI could not find the icon (V2) you mentioned. I tried several times to get the unit into dead-poll mode. It seems that the upgrade broke something. have you ever tried rolling the version back and just starting over?

Regards,
Ken

The sceen shot you posted a few days ago showing the message that "FlashScan is not in deadpoll" is from the V7.5 firmware programmer. That firmware programmer is only for programming the firmware of devices with boot block V2.04.xx or earlier. Your device now has boot block V2.07.xx so you should be using the V8 EFILive Control Panel software to update your firmware from now on.

If you are attempting to use the V7.5 software to read or flash your LS1, and if it is still giving you the "software/firmware is not compatible" message, that means one of two things:
1. The firmware is not up to date
or
2. The V7.5 software is not up to date.
Given that your screen shot shows the firmware is up to date, that can only leave the V7 software that needs updating.

Just FYI, the V7.5 and V8 software need updating separately, updating one does not update the other.

Regards
Paul

Taz
May 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
... I could not find the icon (V2) you mentioned ...

Hello Ken,

It often seems like everyone's Notebook computers are configured a little differently, and / or run various versions of Windows. Try plugging your V2 into a USB port - wait for the V2 to power up (boot or enter dead poll). Then launch the EFILive Explorer utility. The EFILive Control Panel icon should then appear at the bottom of your screen on the Taskbar. At this point, the EFILive Control Panel will probably open automatically - if it detects an issue with the Bootblock or Firmware. If not, left click on the icon to open it.

Hopefully this helps ....

Regards,
Taz

Blacky
May 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM
As Taz said, the icon can be difficult to find depending on how various desktops are configured.
The latest V8 software version, available here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133
has an easy to use button that opens the control panel at the firmware page and shows you the firmware status.

Regards
Paul

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Just installed the May 5th update, V8 updated fine with the "Check Updates" and V7.5 keeps saying it cannot find EFI-LIVE V7.5 on my system, I downloaded the update only .exe file and it still gives me the same error message.

I am running WinXP Professional - Version 2002 - Service Pack 3

Any ideas ?????

I downloaded the full V7.5 update and that took care of it

Blacky
May 5th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Just installed the May 5th update, V8 updated fine with the "Check Updates" and V7.5 keeps saying it cannot find EFI-LIVE V7.5 on my system, I downloaded the update only .exe file and it still gives me the same error message.

I am running WinXP Professional - Version 2002 - Service Pack 3

Any ideas ?????

I downloaded the full V7.5 update and that took care of it

If the patch exe cannot verify the sha1 hash for each installed file then it will not allow the patch to proceed.

The most likely reason you see that message is not because of anything that went wrong at your end but that one build of V7 was released with incorrect sha1 hash files. Unfortunately that means that build it cannot be patched (I think it was build 202).

If you get that error all you need to do is download the full install and install that.

Once you do the full install of build 205 then the patch updates will work correctly again.

Regards
Paul

FUBAR
May 6th, 2012, 02:48 AM
This happened to me as well on my Windows Vista PC that had build V7 Build 204 on it. Will try Full Installing Build 205 and report back when further updates are ran to see if this problem reoccurs. Note: V7 Build 204 was installed on my Windows XP Laptop and it successfully auto updated.

-Andrew

If the patch exe cannot verify the sha1 hash for each installed file then it will not allow the patch to proceed.

The most likely reason you see that message is not because of anything that went wrong at your end but that one build of V7 was released with incorrect sha1 hash files. Unfortunately that means that build it cannot be patched (I think it was build 202).

If you get that error all you need to do is download the full install and install that.

Once you do the full install of build 205 then the patch updates will work correctly again.

Regards
Paul

easymon
May 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
need some insisight went to update v8 and updated fine boot lock updated fine went to update 7.5 update said could not find 7.5 software . Said to uninstall reaply patch said same thing . So uninstalled agan and down loaded 205 full version now no cummin controler under system has diesel and dmax lly and so on in the pid page thanks . shannon

Blacky
May 6th, 2012, 09:40 AM
need some insisight went to update v8 and updated fine boot lock updated fine went to update 7.5 update said could not find 7.5 software . Said to uninstall reaply patch said same thing . So uninstalled agan and down loaded 205 full version now no cummin controler under system has diesel and dmax lly and so on in the pid page thanks . shannon

Make sure you select a Cummins controller (CMB or CMC) from the menu option: File->Select Controller.

Regards
Paul

easymon
May 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
ok thanks found that but thought it was cummis controler was also under pid drop down under system. shannon

ScarabEpic22
May 7th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Ok good to know about the V7 updater not working fix, Ive been scratching my head for the last few minutes wondering why! All good now.

bikealarmblair
June 19th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Any ideas gents?
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa404/Blair_McWilliam/14924338.jpg

Taz
June 20th, 2012, 02:10 AM
... Any ideas gents? ...

The short answer - there seems to be an issue with builds 210 / 201 with respect to LS1-B PCMs.

Using builds 209 / 200 I selected a 512 Kb LS1-B PCM, a 1 Mb LS1-B PCM, an E38, and a T42 from the shelf and bench read each 3 times - BBR (V2), V7, and V8 - no issues presented.

I updated to builds 210 / 201 - and repeated the above tests - V7 would not read the LS1-B PCMs - displaying the same "Bootloader rejected" message that you received.

You should be able to read your LS1-B PCM with V8 or via BBR (V2).

Regards,
Taz

joecar
June 20th, 2012, 03:15 AM
I pm'd Paul (the software developer), he has been looking at it.

bikealarmblair
June 20th, 2012, 03:25 AM
No problem I'm sure it'll get sorted in due course

ScarabEpic22
June 20th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Use V8 for the time being, its faster anyway... :D

joecar
June 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Yes, V8 and BBR/F work.

bikealarmblair
June 20th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I was trying to use V8 (I've not used it before ) but it opened V7

Boost
June 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
If the update process didn't have its occasional minor glitches, I would feel unloved lol. All joking aside the entire software has become so much smoother and easy to maintain over the years, I especially like the manager that automatically identifies and performs updates and it turns from red to green. Several times that has solved an issue I was having. And to boot, I get my licences straight from EFILive in literally minutes! Great stuff, I must sound like such a butt kisser but I mean it! :)

slows10
June 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hoping this will be fixed soon also. Have not done an update in a while.But I just installed the lastest builds and firmware. I dont like doing them(why fix something that is not broke). Getting ready to read and flash a few different ecms and hoping I dont have a problem. Might just wait untill this has been fixed.

ScarabEpic22
June 20th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I was trying to use V8 (I've not used it before ) but it opened V7

Right click the file and click Open with EFILive V8. Or open V8 S&T, click F2 Tune, then open the V7 file in there.

IdahoRob
June 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
LLY full flash using V7.5 is doing the same thing, DO NOT USE V7.5 for full flashing LLY ECM's. Truck will not run. Have to use V8 to recover.

IdahoRob
June 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I'll check on the other ecms and see if the problem is there also.

joecar
June 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Related: Flashing-problem-after-latest-update (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19627-Flashing-problem-after-latest-update)

Taz
June 22nd, 2012, 12:48 AM
The short answer - there seems to be an issue with builds 210 / 201 with respect to LS1-B PCMs.

Using builds 209 / 200 I selected a 512 Kb LS1-B PCM, a 1 Mb LS1-B PCM, an E38, and a T42 from the shelf and bench read each 3 times - BBR (V2), V7, and V8 - no issues presented.

I updated to builds 210 / 201 - and repeated the above tests - V7 would not read the LS1-B PCMs - displaying the same "Bootloader rejected" message that you received.

You should be able to read your LS1-B PCM with V8 or via BBR (V2).

Regards,
Taz

Builds 211 / 202 addressed the LS1-B issue that had presented itself with builds 210/ 201 - works great now.

Thanks to the EFILive Team for the very quick roll out of the patch / next build version of the software.

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
June 22nd, 2012, 04:53 AM
Builds 211 / 202 addressed the LS1-B issue that had presented itself with builds 210/ 201 - works great now.

Thanks to the EFILive Team for the very quick roll out of the patch / next build version of the software.

Regards,
Taz

I agree, Paul/Ross you two are on top of it!