PDA

View Full Version : autotune question

minytrker
February 4th, 2006, 01:21 PM
After data logging I got to this step
10) Go to "Engine Calibration > Fuel > Airflow > Main VE Table"
11) Select all cells, right click, paste "as factor"

I don't have a option to paste "as factor" I have paste and add, paste and subtract and paste and mulitply. Did I do something wrong?

Tordne
February 4th, 2006, 02:06 PM
After data logging I got to this step
10) Go to "Engine Calibration > Fuel > Airflow > Main VE Table"
11) Select all cells, right click, paste "as factor"

I don't have a option to paste "as factor" I have paste and add, paste and subtract and paste and mulitply. Did I do something wrong?

The wording changed some versions back. "Paste and multiply" is what you want.

Cheers,

Black02SS
February 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Also, if you want to make sure the data goes into the correct cells, you can always do a "Copy with Labels" and then in the tuner, "Paste and multiply with labels". This makes it "almost" impossible to have data in the wrong cell.

minytrker
February 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks alot for the help. How important is it to hide cells with count of less than 50? When I did that it didnt leave many cells. Do I just need to data log more? Also how can you get a 50 count of the cells in the higher rpms?

TAQuickness
February 4th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Hiding cells with a count less than 50 helps to ensure you have enough valid data to make solid changes to your VE table. Don't forget to filter your data as well.

minytrker
February 4th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I did the filter, thanks. I almost have the autotune memorized I have read it so many times., lol. How long do you normally have to data log? The main thing I am trying to tune is WOT since it is off. I did a few WOT runs ttill the top of 3rd gear but they get filterd out because of the less than 50 count. Before I had my WBO2 I had the car on the dyno and my A/F was 13@3000rpm then at WOT it went down to 12 and stayed there.

TAQuickness
February 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
wot's a little different. wot is more a steady state operation so you should be able to get by with less data. I try to get 20-30 for wot tuning

minytrker
February 4th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Will autotune do anything for WOT if I do it just like the sticky?

WicketMike
February 4th, 2006, 03:45 PM
ive read that your not suppose to use AutoVE for WOT tuning.
Are you suppose to or not? id like to know

thank you

TAQuickness
February 4th, 2006, 03:45 PM
yup. follow the book and you should be ok

TAQuickness
February 4th, 2006, 03:46 PM

thank you

Where did you read that?

Black02SS
February 4th, 2006, 04:06 PM

thank you

I use it all the time.. How else would you tune the car without a MAF and it be right?

WicketMike
February 4th, 2006, 06:59 PM
i read it on here, i was asking some questions. and one of the responses was, your not going to use AutoVE for WOT are you? so i said guess not lol. After they said that i figured i was suppose to do part throttle and then go back to closed loop and then do WOT with the PE table.
So you use the VE table to tune WOT?

Tordne
February 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
So you use the VE table to tune WOT?

I certainly do, but my MAF is in a cupboard so I guess my choice is limited.

oztracktuning
February 5th, 2006, 01:26 AM
You can get it close and safe in first few runs of autotune and if the whole table is set a bit rich then WOT would be fine. Just watch the wideband and do some short logs.

minytrker
February 5th, 2006, 07:59 AM
When I was in 3rd gear at WOT the car went to reduced power mode for some reason. I pulled over and cut the car off and restarted it and it was fine. I was doing WOT in 1st and 2nd but it doesnt last long enough to get any kind of cell count.

Redline Motorsports
February 5th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Did it store a 1514 code? What mods are done with the car? Is it possible you have exceeded the MAf's range?

minytrker
February 5th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I forgot to look at the codes. I just turned the car off then on again. The MAF wasn't hooked up while doing autotune.

minytrker
February 5th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I have halltech intake and lg pro long tubes, x pipe, and borla stinger mufflers.

Redline Motorsports
February 5th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I forgot to look at the codes. I just turned the car off then on again. The MAF wasn't hooked up while doing autotune.

Good point! :bash:

Its the first thing that comes to my mind with reduced power mode.

minytrker
February 5th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I just remembered that I saved the data log . I just saved it in a diifernt folder, thats why I couldnt find it. The codes are
P1514, P0103, P1278. I was @WOT 5,000rpm with 22 degrees timing and a 13.04 A/F when it happened.

Redline Motorsports
February 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM
1514 is usually tied back to a predicted air flow out of whack situation. Ifthe MAF is unhooked I think it could also be tied to the MAP.

minytrker
February 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I also can't get the filter to work on my map. It says something about a unselted PID. I have all the ones setup just like it calls for in autotune. Does it matter if I have changed some reading to imperal from metric.

TAQuickness
February 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
which one does it say is unselected?

minytrker
February 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Well both filters have the same name so I can't tell. I named it just like in autotune. I thought each filter could have a differnt name but when you change the name of one it changes the other.

TAQuickness
February 6th, 2006, 02:26 AM
you can update the filter name by browsing to my documents\efilive\v7\user configuration\filters.txt then change the name of one of the filters.

minytrker
February 6th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I will try that when I get off work. When doing autotune will it hurt anything running my car hard at wot? I don't have cats. My car seemed to run really good when I was driving around, my a/f was not super rich as it now at wot.