PDA

View Full Version : VX commodore

madmn666
March 30th, 2012, 09:44 PM
hi all

after having lots of trouble getting efi live to work i finally did

where can i find the correct file for VX V6

it is somewhere between VT AND VY but, the file xml file provided with efi live is for a v8

cheers

Blacky
March 31st, 2012, 08:36 AM
gmh-vx6.xml

Regards
Paul

madmn666
April 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM
i'm not going to start new threads just keep this one going

why does driving/logging stop randomly, is there a timing setting that needs to be set

why doesn't the flags work? is it because the car is running on after market LPG should i run it on petrol when using efi live?

cheers

Blacky
April 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
i'm not going to start new threads just keep this one going

why does driving/logging stop randomly, is there a timing setting that needs to be set

why doesn't the flags work? is it because the car is running on after market LPG should i run it on petrol when using efi live?

cheers

Are you using the demo version? It is limited to about 5 minutes of logging.

Regards
Paul

madmn666
April 9th, 2012, 09:34 PM
it's fine when idling but when i start driving it stops and it's random sometimes i'll get 1 minute sometimes less

any idea ?

Blacky
April 9th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Check for loose wiring and/or connectors.

Also turn on the menu option View->Serial I/O
You should see more detailed text messages that may help explain what is happening.
Post the text messages that are output before and after it stops logging.

Regards
Paul

mebilloz1
June 25th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hi All
Seemed the best place to append my questions.
I have a VX series 2 V6 on aftermarket LPG. I bought a ALDL cable and the EFILive demo to see if I can work out why its playing up (the perenial backfire issues).
Anyway, without knowing exactly what I am doing yet, in one of the screens I came across a indication that there is an LPG setting and it is not enabled? I didn't think that this ECU had an LPG setting? Any ideas what it does and how/if I enable it. Perhaps it alters too many things that are specifically for the factory LPG option and is of no value for aftermarket LPG systems? Just seemed rather coincidental :)
I assume its normal for the check engine and the air bag lights to come on when connected??
I still need to read up on the way to use the demo inany meaningfull way, particularly with the OBD1 that the VX uses.
Cheers

Bill

Blacky
June 27th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I don't know what the LPG setting on those vehicle does. Nor how to activate it, sorry.

Yes the check engine lamp and other diagnostic lamps may illuminate while logging. That's because the EFILive software turns off the broadcast messages while logging that the PCM uses to make sure all the other modules are "ok". Once you stop logging the lamps should extinguish.

Regards
Paul

madmn666
August 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
is there a script that i can use to stop having to loading the license every time i use it ?

Blacky
August 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
is there a script that i can use to stop having to loading the license every time i use it ?

The license details should remain set permanently after you enter them. If not it could be because Windows is not allowing the EFILive application to write to the license file.
You could try running the EFILive application "As Administrator", i.e. right click on the "EFILive V4" start menu item and select "Run as Administrator".

Or you could manually edit the license file and enter the details directly. The license file is stored in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V4\EFILiveV4.ini (on Windows 64 bit systems)
or
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V4\EFILiveV4.ini (on Windows 32 bit systems)

Look for the [License] section and enter the license data there in the following format:

[License]
Serial Number=
Key=
Type=
Expiry=
LicensedTo=
Email=

Regards
Paul