PDA

View Full Version : New! EFILive Diesel Training Classes

zfuller123
March 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hello everyone!

Due to popular demand - we are back to bring you another round of EFILive Training classes covering your Duramax and Dodge trucks! Many of you have been patiently waiting for the announcement while I finished locking down the details - so thank you for the patience! These sessions will be either 1 or 2 days long (depending on you) and will include the "basics" class followed by an Advanced class on the 2nd day if you choose to attend both.

There are 2 locations for classes in June:
Amarillo, Texas (June 2nd-3rd)
Fort Dodge, Iowa (June 16-17th)

The class in Iowa is being held at Iowa Central College at the Fort Dodge campus.
The class in Texas is being held at a facility that gets us slightly outside the city limits, but with plenty of room and space for the outside dyno being brought in.

The "basics" course will cover the following, and will be a beginner - intermediate level training on diesel tuning of BOTH GM and CUMMINS - so there will be a little bit for everyone:

EFILive Basics - The software, upgrades, firmware
GM Duramax basics
Cummins basics
Dyno testing tunes created during the course on GM and Cummins trucks
Data Logging, both Cummins and GM

These courses are intended to give EFILive owners a leg-up with their own trucks and comfort level with using EFILive software.

I will be providing lunch and drinks, as well as special discounts on EFILive and other products from StarLite Diesel. The cost of the course will be $250 per person for the "Basics" course, and $300 for the advanced class if taken seperately, -OR- $500 if you register for both at the same time. Each class day is targeted to be approximately 7 hours.

There will be a course handbook provided to each person, but I am encouraging everyone with a laptop to bring it pre-loaded with the latest EFILive software. I will be emailing each person in the class a few days beforehand so they will have the chance to get this software installed.

If you have questions or suggestions, please let us know! Post em here or email us: contactus@starlitediesel.com (contactus@starlitediesel.com)

If you are ready to sign up, you will be able to register here: EFILive Diesel Training (http://www.starlitediesel.com/EFILive-Diesel-Training_c6.htm)

Again, any questions please let us know!

Thanks!

LaserBob
April 1st, 2012, 03:22 AM
If you are on the fence, get off. Go to this class.

I attended Zach's class in January and on the 8 hour drive home, I am not sure I was a fully attentive driver. My head was spinning with reviewing the things Zach presented in class.

GO GO GO to the class if you have any interest in tuning these engines!

LaserBob
Performance Diesel Transmission
Greeley, Co.

rpmauto
April 7th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Got me thinking, I will give a call next week

zfuller123
April 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to update the thread since i'm starting to see the classes fill up and getting alot more questions about hotels / where to stay since most of you (like me) will be coming to these classes from a distance.

The below list was put together by Dave who is helping to get everything organized for the Texas classes. This is good list of hotels with contact info and pricing information (though i would suggest going through online service like Expedia, etc. to get the best rate though).

Any questions let me know! The Iowa class is nearing half full and the Texas class is really starting to get moving after a slow start (surprising given all the interest in it before i posted about it)..

So, that being said - here is the list of hotels in Amarillo that are close to both the airport and the facility where the class is being held:

1. Hampton Inn & Suites
6901 W Interstate 40 Amarillo, TX 79106 - (806) 467-9997
From $ 92.00 per night

2. Hampton Inn Amarillo
1700 E Interstate 40, Amarillo - (806) 372-1425

3. Homewood Suites by Hilton
8800 W Interstate 40 Amarillo, TX 79124 - (806) 355-2222
From $ 104.00 per night

4. Hilton Garden Inn
9000 Interstate 40 West Amarillo, TX 79124 - (806) 355-4400
From $ 110.00 per night

5. Sleep Inn & Suites
6915 W Interstate 40 Amarillo, TX 79106 - (806) 242-7777
From $ 109.00 per night

6. Quality Inn & Suites
6800 I40 West, Amarillo, Tx - (806) 358-7943
From $ 89.00 per night

7. Confort Inn & Suites
6318 Ventura Drive, Amarillo, TX, US, 79110 - Phone: (806) 353-5100
From $ 104.00 per night

See you there!

zfuller123
May 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Just want to give everyone a heads up and a reminder that these classes are approaching QUICK!

The Iowa class only has 9 spots left, and the Texas class is about to the half full mark (more room in Texas class to start with)...

So - if you're on the fence or have been putting it off - here is your reminder! Please let me know if you have questions. Would love to answer your questions if you have any before the class or before you sign up...

zach@starlitediesel.com

Thanks!

zfuller123
May 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
There are 8 spots left in Iowa class and Texas still has plenty of room...

I will be cutting off sign ups for the Texas class next Sunday because i have to make sure and have things planned.

Also - anyone that is driving to either of these classes that wants to use their truck on the dyno for demonstration / tuning purposes (provided it's a truck that can be tuned with EFILive!) - please hit me up. If you're coming to the class in either location, and want in on the dyno tuning - now is your chance. Getting the class plus tuning makes the class an even better deal - but i only need 2 trucks each day (one dodge, one GM)...

Thanks everyone that is participating and looking forward to meeting you there!

zfuller123
May 16th, 2012, 05:28 AM
5 spots left in Iowa class, still plenty of spots left for Texas!!

zfuller123
May 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
So Texas class is just around the corner. Literally. I know there are some people on the fence still. I REALLY need to have an accurate count of how much stuff i have to haul with me on the airplane (books, etc.) so if you're waiting or have questions before you sign up - please ask them now. I want to be sure and have everyone covered at the class this weekend. So please try to register ASAP if you're coming to the class. There are plenty of spots left for Texas, however the IOWA class only has one spot left as about 6 PM tonight.... so after that, it will be full. The college where the class is being held put the cap on how many people could attend for that class.

Thanks!

kenny
September 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Do you have a class schedule for all future convening dates? Im on the West Coast and curious if I could plan to possibly make one of the future classes you might hold closer to my home state? Thank you.

Kenny

zfuller123
September 27th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Do you have a class schedule for all future convening dates? Im on the West Coast and curious if I could plan to possibly make one of the future classes you might hold closer to my home state? Thank you.

Kenny

It is definitely possible.... however right now i have nothing slated for Washington. There is an ever lingering one in California that may happen in the late winter months, but i try to not lock down details too far in advance because it tends to be wasted effort. 3 maybe 4 months ahead at the most so - right now i don't have anything beyond first part of February i'm working on. Depending on how it all goes though, might be room in January if you have some place in mind, with dyno on site, around your area. I know I have some customers of previous classes that come from up there - just not sure what their shops capacity is to handle a class, nor what the interest would be right there in Washington State. I'm sure it'd bring some of the neighbors from across the border over though!

S&M
September 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Pease keep us informed. I am from Alberta Canada and would definitely jump the border to attend if the opportunity presented its self!

zfuller123
October 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Pease keep us informed. I am from Alberta Canada and would definitely jump the border to attend if the opportunity presented its self!

Just held a class in CT... that one was probably too far of a stretch for you to go... I'm going to be announcing classes being held in january and february at the first of November. Just locking in details now. There may be a shorter notice class happening at Industrial in November, but haven't had time to work all that out and frankly - might simply run out of time to get it all put together and 'announced' quick enough for everyone.

Keep watching the forums or my site: www.starlitediesel.com for class availability, locations and dates!