PDA

View Full Version : DBW Throttle response

dazzak75
April 1st, 2012, 10:33 AM
Hi All,

I am wondering if people are having problems getting their DBW throttle to respond quick enough, mine just seems sluggish when closing, just seems to hang the throttle for a split second between gear changes, just something that is a little annoying really, pretty sure it has always been this way. It is a Nick Williams 102mm on a Fast 102mm Intake attached to my LSX454, has quite a large cam in in, and manifold vacuum is apparently a little bit of an issue too.

Any help would be appreciative to try and get it to activate quicker all round.

dazzak75
May 18th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Does anyone have a tune file I could look at to see what differences between my settings and theirs is? I have heard mixed stories that in Australia we have issues, but in the states there doesn't seem to be one, there are different tables or something, just something I am wanting to look into and see if there is something that could be changed and help people in Australia deal with this issue,

Has anyone else heard of any issue with the 102mm TB here in Australia?

swingtan
May 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I've heard that some NW TB's can stick, but I think it may just be the tube settings. Of course, letting us know what sort of controller you are working on would probably help...... It's probably easier to post the current tune than have random stuff posted back.

Simon.

Redline Motorsports
May 19th, 2012, 02:13 PM
We've installed quite a few LSX 454 engines...if you are using the factory camshaft it's got poor VE below 2500. Dont expect and great throttle feel. You shoud try feeding it some decent spark down there even at low rpm low load areas..

Howard

dazzak75
May 19th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I've heard that some NW TB's can stick, but I think it may just be the tube settings. Of course, letting us know what sort of controller you are working on would probably help...... It's probably easier to post the current tune than have random stuff posted back.

Simon.

Hi Swingtan,

It is Jezza's tune, I am just seeing if I can get the throttle to respnd better, have it open and close quicker, have heard of a few problems with them not working properly. Mate of mine had the issue and he removed his and went back to the stock one. I can email it to you if you like, I don't know how Jezza would feel if I put it up on the forum.

We've installed quite a few LSX 454 engines...if you are using the factory camshaft it's got poor VE below 2500. Dont expect and great throttle feel. You shoud try feeding it some decent spark down there even at low rpm low load areas..

Howard

I went for a custom cam, but it is also having low manifold vacuum at low rpm as it has a 112LSA. A bit bigger then the stock one too, 251/263 .670 112LSA+3

I will have a look at what the spark is like, I am not really all over the tuning yet, trying to learn but it is a slow process with everything else happening.

evilperformance
November 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
wow big cam i have a 242/254 .623/.623 112

Chuck CoW
November 16th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Hey Howard! Someone you know sells something called "CoW BOOSTER!" that makes all those problems go away!!!

Chuck CoW

wait4me
November 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Try Messing with the Throttle Follower tables for it to come down faster, The TPS response on decel is changed by that. Throttle cracker as well. Throttle follower effects the rate at which the airflow is back to 0 adder.

wait4me
November 19th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Also, if you are using a newer ecm, like e38, the direct airflow tables can be tweaked to allow it to come down almost instantly. The throttle body opening needs to be adjusted in the software as well, that will also increase the responsiveness.

Boost
November 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Also, if you are using a newer ecm, like e38, the direct airflow tables can be tweaked to allow it to come down almost instantly. The throttle body opening needs to be adjusted in the software as well, that will also increase the responsiveness.

Would this apply to say an '08 4.8 Silvy that the customer says 'revs down' too slow in P/N?

wait4me
November 20th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Yes, look at the direct airflow table, and see it is based on RPM.

If you move those values lower at the higher rpms, then it will come down faster,

Boost
November 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Thank you, that's cool

ringram
December 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Chuck has access to some tables which make a huge difference.
Im trying to slow my return down. My 440 with lightweight flywheel spins up and drops too quick. I need to slow it down.