PDA

View Full Version : LY6 swap on Monte Carlo wont start

blazinblue
April 2nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
We swapped in a 6.0 LY6 from a 2008 2500 Suburban into a monte carlo using painless wiring harness. Motor turns but does not start. We disabled VATS. It is a running a 2008 computer 5.3 LMG. PCM is using service #12612384. Heres is the tune..

It does have crank rpm cam signal and we also have spark. MAP sensor is from stock LS3.

Any ideas?

Taz
April 3rd, 2012, 02:08 AM
In the tune you posted, you never applied the VATS patch - partially explains the no start condition. The posted tune looks like a stock 2008 5.3 L - the VE / VVE for the LMG 5.3 L cathedral port cylinder heads versus the LY6 6.0 L rectangular port cylinder heads will probably be very different. The cylinder volume was still set for a 5.3 L not a 6.0 L.

You listed using an LS3 MAP - does this mean you have converted to an LS3 intake - complete with injectors and MAP ? If so, more changes to the tune will be required.

More detail in your initial post would have assisted. Full Flash the attached tune - it should disable the VATS.

Regards,
Taz

blazinblue
April 3rd, 2012, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=Taz;167252]In the tune you posted, you never applied the VATS patch - partially explains the no start condition. The posted tune looks like a stock 2008 5.3 L - the VE / VVE for the LMG 5.3 L cathedral port cylinder heads versus the LY6 6.0 L rectangular port cylinder heads will probably be very different. The cylinder volume was still set for a 5.3 L not a 6.0 L.

You listed using an LS3 MAP - does this mean you have converted to an LS3 intake - complete with injectors and MAP ? If so, more changes to the tune will be required.

Thanks for your input I was able to fire it up this morning! Btw I did apply the patch on my current tune since I tried 5 different tune from different vehicles. The problem was that I had the coil harness flipped around and the firing order was wrong lol.