PDA

View Full Version : Csp?

2006Cummins
April 2nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Just wondering if there is a rough time frame when we will see switchable tuning for cummins. I am really looking forward to this to help with tuning.

Mike

triton
April 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Just wondering if there is a rough time frame when we will see switchable tuning for cummins. I am really looking forward to this to help with tuning.

Mike

Cindy posted this on CF the other day.....

"I really don't know on the time frame. We still have 2003-5 and 2010+ trucks to support. Realistically it won't be in the next 6 months."

2006Cummins
April 3rd, 2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks.

GMPX
April 3rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Everyone has different opinions, but one thing a lot of people tell us is why bother. I understand DSP5's are very popular with Duramax owners so I was a little surprised to hear this.
One thing you will find with EFILive is we've been known to do U-turns and surprise releases with things. So even though we might be saying 6+ months for a Cummins switchable tune, one day I might get totally sick of something hard I am working on and move on to something else, a week later CSP might be done, you never know.

2007 5.9
April 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Ross,

I think the CSP is a good thing, however I am of belief that the 03-05 guys deserve to have it as good as we do currently.

I know it doesn't matter, but I vote get the SCI trucks out of the way and happy then develop the switch.

As much as I'd love to be selfish on this and get a switch done now...I feel that the SCI guys have seen enough of us CAN guys thumbing our noses at them long enough, and they deserve the best in tuning.

triton
April 3rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Ross,

I think the CSP is a good thing, however I am of belief that the 03-05 guys deserve to have it as good as we do currently.

I know it doesn't matter, but I vote get the SCI trucks out of the way and happy then develop the switch.

As much as I'd love to be selfish on this and get a switch done now...I feel that the SCI guys have seen enough of us CAN guys thumbing our noses at them long enough, and they deserve the best in tuning.

It sounded like he could get them both done if he got the right hair up his:yucky: :-) I'm with Les though, in the time I've used the tunes I have with EFI, I've not seen the need but, have seen the 03-05 need. Other than for that valet nimrod. It would be nice to flip the hidden switch that turns 800hp into 300.

GMPX
April 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
It sounded like he could get them both done if he got the right hair up his:yucky: :-)
I have one brain and two hands, get me an extra set of each and I'll do both things at once :lookaround:

triton
April 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
I have one brain and two hands, get me an extra set of each and I'll do both things at once :lookaround:

no wonder you keep your sanity.... you're hanging out with Confucius :thumb_yello:

GMPX
April 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, that guy spent way too much time talking crap right?

davematthews
April 3rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm with most that think is not actually needed. BUT HOLY CRAP--- if that's not the first thing out of a new customers mouth then I don't know what is. EVERY, every single one of them. When is switchable tuning coming out?? It sucks, but that's all they want. I guess I can understand it alittle, I just wish people had more control over their right foot. Then we wouldn't need it..

GMPX
April 3rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Me suggesting it's not needed, this is me just repeating what I am told too, but like you've seen, if you had a dollar for every time you got asked when will switchable tuning come, you'd be a rich man.

2006Cummins
April 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Ok, ok, so it is not really NEEDED. But, I don't NEED 600hp either.;) My reason for WANTING it is to help with tuning. I can have my current tune on one setting, and then have four other slightly different boost limiters available to see what smokes the least but has good response. Or, have different pilot, duration, or whatever's on the other settings to make quick comparisons between them to find what works the best. Having to stop, spend almost seven minuets flashing, then testing again, then flashing again, on and on, is very time consuming. If I could just turn a knob to a different setting it would be much more efficient. That's my way of thinking anyway.

GMPX
April 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Having to stop, spend almost seven minuets flashing, then testing again, then flashing again, on and on, is very time consuming.
I forgot about that.

skneeland
April 4th, 2012, 01:35 AM
...... spend almost seven minuets flashing, then testing again, then flashing again, on and on, is very time consuming. If I could just turn a knob to a different setting it would be much more efficient. That's my way of thinking anyway.

only seven? i cant remember the last time i had one under nine....

screw the CSP and the 03-05s...i just bought a 2010, dont make me buy an H & S, lol.......

icemanjc1
April 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Being that we have to full flash (no cal flash)every time, and the time it takes, I don't see how switchable tuning will even work on a CMB.

GMPX
April 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
only seven? i cant remember the last time i had one under nine....
That isn't normal, it sounds like you are getting a lot of interruptions on the CAN bus and the reflash keeps having to retry. Best scenario is just under 6 minutes per flash.

Being that we have to full flash (no cal flash)every time, and the time it takes, I don't see how switchable tuning will even work on a CMB.
It will work fine, a full flash involves writing the calibration maps as well, it's the hamburger with the lot flash.

LReiff
April 4th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I've been getting full flashes in the 5.5 to 6 minute range.

GMPX
April 4th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yep, that sounds about right. It can actually vary depending on the OS the ECM is running, but that is about average.

chance cobb
April 8th, 2012, 03:41 AM
any one care to explain how the switchable tunning works ?

anarchydiesel
April 8th, 2012, 03:55 AM
The way it works on the duramax is that you have a base file that has every available table, then there are 4 dsp areas that have only some of the tables like duration, main timing, pilot timimg, fuel pressure, etc. All the other tables reference back to the base file like ect adjusts, IAT adjusts, etc. Which set of files the ECM uses is controlled by switching a reference voltage in the ecm. This is how the duramax works and I am sure that CSP will be similar.

chance cobb
April 8th, 2012, 03:58 AM
ok cool where does the switch tie into ?

anarchydiesel
April 8th, 2012, 04:00 AM
It uses two blank pins on the ECM. Like I said though this is just with the duramax and we really don't have any info on how CSP will work, how many settings it will have, and how it will be switched.

chance cobb
April 8th, 2012, 04:01 AM
ok cool thanks .