PDA

View Full Version : Running stand alone T43 with E40

rally1
April 4th, 2012, 11:44 AM
We have a customer that would like to run an E40 with a 6L80 T43 in an off roader.

He would like the tap up/down functions to work.

Does any body know if it is possible to run this combination. All of our wiring diagrams, for Holden, show that you need a BCM with CAN bus communication.

Or is there aftermarket units that could can run a 6L80?

Cheers for your time.

doubledip
April 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM
We have a customer that would like to run an E40 with a 6L80 T43 in an off roader.

He would like the tap up/down functions to work.

Does any body know if it is possible to run this combination. All of our wiring diagrams, for Holden, show that you need a BCM with CAN bus communication.

Or is there aftermarket units that could can run a 6L80?

Cheers for your time.

I may be wrong but I think the bcm is the least of your problems. The t43 never came out with an e40 so there will be no os you can use. Will need to run a e38 or e67 ecu for this combination.

doubledip
April 5th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I may be wrong but I think the bcm is the least of your problems. The t43 never came out with an e40 so there will be no os you can use. Will need to run a e38 or e67 ecu for this combination.

also to add to that.. i doubt there is a standalone controller as normally a controller acts as the tcm for the gearbox but a 6l80e has a t43 in it already so it would then need to be a ecu controlling a ecu which idoubt would happen

GXP25
April 7th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Better late than never but here's a standalone solution that will be released soon: http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/product/oemtcu/index.php?category=OEM%20TCU&product=TCM-2600

I'm not sure if you put the project on hold or not.