PDA

View Full Version : Duration help

Chadsix
April 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Me again. Im really trying to get this duration table figured out. Not looking to fix idle i am really wanting to know what pids to log and what to look for in changing. Im not sure what to look for in the log to warrant or perceve what and how much to change. As always sorry for the newby questions this and just a few others im just having an issue grasping totall as far as changes are concerned. Im well aware of what duration is and what it does. I just need to learn how to look at the logg info and deem changes to it.

Chadsix
April 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I would also like to know how to know when too much duration has been had. Smoke? High egt's? Guess thats the important answer to my question

comnrailpwr
April 5th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Too much duration causes the above symptoms and loss of actual RP vs. Commanded RP.

Chadsix
April 8th, 2012, 05:05 AM
When reading my logs and my commanded and actual rail pressure is always in sink and its not commandin more than it can deliver. Does this allow me to add more duration? Im seeing a very smokey 2k rpm to 3k full throttle runs. Solid trail till it goes into lockup. Egts are 1100-1200 and boost around 30psi. So im not out of control on the egt side wich surprises me. So im not sure if i need to give it a little more pressure in the upper rpms or pull some duration out in that range of operation. Ive tried charting my data to see what cells i meed to utilize but ill post my issues here shortly with that

comnrailpwr
April 8th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cut duration to get rid of the excess fuel if your rail pressures are where you want it and not out of control

Chadsix
April 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Ill give that a shot. I was wondering if adding some timing in that range would help. My duration doesnt exeed 1100 in that range im seeing smoke.

comnrailpwr
April 8th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Depends on what your running. I run a max of 26* and smooth from there. Adding more in spots depending on truck modifications and use.

Chadsix
April 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Im running 25* max. Were would you add timing i thought about 60% to full throttle are. I forget were im at exactly ill have to look when i get to my lap top.