PDA

View Full Version : Lost PCM license?

jay_rich
April 7th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Well I figured I would start a new thread about this.

Last night I decided to upgrade my 2000 vette to a 2002 OS. 02020002

So I flash the pcm, then I was getting a B1001 code, didnt think anything of it. So I go to flash my tune and it says it is not compatible.

So i re-flashed my entire old tune in. Car ran no problems. As soon as I pulled over to dump a new tune it (autove) It said PCM NOT LICENSED, go to fire and the entire car shut down. no power anywhere.

So I tow it home, charge the battery. Then go to hook the battery up and the starter wont stop cranking. even with the fuses pulled. (i was getting a P1518)

I decided to run into the car while it was cranking and fire the car up, worked perfect and the starter stopped.

Check the codes and I am only getting a B1001.

It still does not let me tune the pcm and asks for a license.

Any ideas?

Jay

s24a
April 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
A P1518 indicates you lost communication between the PCM and the TAC module.
So the software shuts down the engine as protection.

Upon restart, it looks as though the communication was re-established.

Might want to see if there is that code in history.

Regarding the B1001 code, this is from a tech site regarding airbag issues in those year vehicles:

GM Technical service bulletin TSB Class 2 trouble code B1000, B1001, B1271, B1780

Class 2 Serial Data Communication allows control modules (i.e. the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), the Body Control Module (BCM), the Dash Integration Module (DIM), the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), the radio, the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Controller, and the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) to exchange information. This information may be operational information or identification information. Among the identification information exchanged and compared within these modules is the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Typically the one module, the master module, broadcasts the VIN and all the other modules compare the VIN stored within itself. When the broadcast VIN does not match the VIN stored within the SDM, the following actions occur:
• DTC B1001 Option Configuration Error is set and deployment of the airbags is inhibited.
• DTC B1271 or a DTC B1780 Theft Locked.
The VIN information is also used by the radio. When the VIN does not match the VIN stored within the radio, DTC B1271 or DTC B1780 is set and the radio is inoperative.
Additionally, the master module will compare the SDM's part number (last four digits) to determine if the correct SDM is installed in the vehicle. If the SDM is the wrong part, a B1001 will also set.
This situation may occur when a vehicle is being repaired. When a PCM or a body control type module is replaced, the VIN information must be programmed into the replaced (new) control module. A module which has had VIN information entered into it (for example, one taken from another vehicle) cannot be reprogrammed. VIN information can only be entered into new modules. The ignition must be ON in order to program the control module. Since the VIN information is broadcast when the ignition goes to ON from any other ignition switch position, DTCs may be set in the SDM and/or the radio. Therefore, always follow the specified control module replacement procedures.

So it may be that somehow your VIN got hosed in the reflashes.......

BLK02WS6
April 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Were you trying to put your 2000 tune in over the 02020002 custom operating system? If so, that doesn't work... You have to put in the custom operating system, then put in a compatible 2002 calibration over it...

joecar
April 7th, 2012, 01:44 PM
When you upgraded from the 2000 OS to the 2002 OS, did you then program the correct VIN into the PCM using the scantool before running the engine...?

What are the exact steps you did in upgrading the OS from 2000 to 2002...?

Which 2002 OS, is it 12212156...?

joecar
April 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Also you have to be up to date on V2 firmware and V7/V8 software builds, see here: V7 build201 and V8 build 191 (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

joecar
April 7th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Also, with a Corvette, I would do any PCM flashing when you're in your driveway at home

(Corvette has many modules which like to chatter on the serial bus, which may interfere with flashing).

:)

jay_rich
April 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I just updated the version to the newest. After its done ill try again

I went to the scan tool and changed the VIN but still doesnt allow me to tune it, only read. Its basically asking me to buy a license for my vin.

Jay

Tordne
April 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Please send the info requested in your support incident.

jay_rich
April 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
i think I sent everything needed, let me know if I left anything out, Also I took the car out and It seems like the B1001 has cleared. Still wont flash and when my friend used his laptop my pcm number on the cable came up weird

Thanks

Tordne
April 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Nope, haven't seen anything. Please re-add to support case and I'll take a look.

jay_rich
April 8th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Sent you the screen shots. Im using the V1

Jay

jay_rich
April 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks to the efi live crew! Sent me a new license and worked perfect!

Jay