PDA

View Full Version : VIN Rebate program

limited cv8r
April 7th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Just curious, with the increase in vin & stream licenses, is the rebate per vin still $80 or will this change to reflect the increased price of these products.

Tre-Cool
April 8th, 2012, 11:22 PM
curious to know as well.

GMPX
April 9th, 2012, 01:03 AM
No, it will not change.

limited cv8r
April 9th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Previously a $99vin/$80 rebate = 80% rebate
The same now $125vin/$80 rebate = 64% rebate
Previous Rebate:
You have 15 VIN licenses eligable for rebate.
•$80 per VIN license is: $80 * 15 = $1,200.00.
•The discounted price of the E38 Stream will be: $2,399.00 - $1,200.00 = $1,199.00
The discount of slightly more than 50% is allowed, due to rounding.
Current Rebate:
You have 19 VIN licenses eligable for rebate.
•$80 per VIN license is: $80 * 19 = $1,520.00.
•The discounted price of the E38 Stream will be: $2,999.00 - $1,520.00 = $1,479.00
The discount of slightly more than 50% is allowed, due to rounding.
So now we pay 25% more per vin and get 16% less rebate for a $600 rise in stream cost.:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

GMPX
April 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Why is it that people think we've done such a horrible thing by raising our prices? It's not 2004 any more, the cost of running this company hasn't stayed at 2004 prices. Is everyone in Perth still charging 2004 prices for tuning?
Until we become THIS (http://www.vinnies.org.au/home-wa) place then expect pricing to change as the years go on.

kangsta
April 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
OT.......

For me prices going up is really a fact of life, petrol, power, water etc. Anyone who's been around EFILive for a decent time will know they have always been more than fair, even replacing licenses in some cases when things have gone wrong. I'm not a Cummins tuner (being in AU/NZ) but I recently read that EFILive covered the cost of new ECMs and licences for a few cases when they got bricked even though it wasnt really the fault of their software! Try getting that kind of service from any other vendor, let alone EFILives closest competition. It really sucks to see you guys get hammered lately for a few things when over the years you have really supported the industry. I still use EFILive v4, 6+ years on and its still the most stable, user-friendly scanning tool for ALDL. I just wish you could open the logs in v7 for zooming and map plotting ;-) (Yes I've also used TP5, ScannerPro and all the others out there)

I own most of the mainstream GM programming software and EFILive still offers the best value, stability and service. Did you know that you cannot BBL external 0-5V inputs in HPT? only via laptop logging, its been broken for years now! Everytime I've had a firmware bug in an Autocal or software issue its been resolved quickly and had communications even on weekends.

If it costs me $25 extra per licence or a few hungy on a stream to keep that level of service and product alive then its well worth it! What's an hour of dyno time worth if things dont work....

(oh and for the A6 TCC lockup guys, I thank the EFILive guys every time I use the editor that they have allowed CAX facilities! I'll happily help punch out a few CAX files for the common OS if it helps and you have the data available)

limited cv8r
April 9th, 2012, 11:37 AM
My little sook was more to do with the percentage drop in rebate value,not the increase in price. It would have been nice to still get a rebate of around the 80% mark based on the new vin prices to still make stream upgrades more appealing.

ScarabEpic22
April 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM
kangsta, Im sure the T43/A6 guys would love your help on the TCC lockup issue. Have you posted in this thread about it? T43 TCC Tables (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18246-T43-TCC-Desired-Slip-and-Adaptive-Pressure)

kangsta
April 9th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Erik, I've seen that thread - looks like Ross and gmh308 are already working on it.

Ross, offer still stands if you need extra hands...