PDA

View Full Version : How to set LMM as 2nd license

dineauto
April 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,

I used my first license for an LBZ and I was wondering how I set up the 2nd one for a (new to me) 2007 LMM. On the V7.5 software I don't see and LMM controller and on V8 I was able to read the controller but it won't let me edit it. (It says option not yet available.) I did notice on V8 that the controller is named E35B and the V7.5 has that but it says it is for the LBZ. I'm confused. Please help, Thanks in advance.

ScarabEpic22
April 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Update to the latest public release from EFILive.com -> Downloads. Update your firmware on your V2 then try again. You can read/flash/license in V8, but you cannot edit the tune yet. That must still be done in V7.5.

So Id:
Update software to latest V7.5 AND V8
Update V2 bootblock (EFILive Control Panel will tell you, open V8 S&T then click the V2 icon near the Windows clock, then click F6 Firmware. Update the bootblock first if it says you need to, then update firmware)
Open V8 S&T, F3 Tune, F2 Read. Select the LMM and then Allison TCM, Read them out.
Right click the tune file and click Open with V7.5 Tune tool (or open V7.5 tune tool and open the new tune).
Make the changes you want to in V7.5, save as *.ctz file.
Double click the newly edited file, should open in V8
Click F8 Cal-Flash (unless doing a DSPx initial install/OS change)
Click Activate License, follow the instructions.
Key off, wait, then key on and cal-flash.

Hope that helps a little.

dineauto
April 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I think that worked I won't know for sure for two days until I get some time with the truck. I can at least change things on the file now in 7.5. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

dineauto
April 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
sorry save as *ctz or *ctd.

ScarabEpic22
April 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
All old *.ctd MUST be re-saved as *.ctz files in order for your V2/AC to flash them with the latest firmware.

Let us know if it worked for ya.

dineauto
April 10th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks for your help so far. The only choices I have for saving the file is .ctd or .tun. I don't have .ctz. Did I miss a step?

ScarabEpic22
April 10th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Then you're not using the latest software, go to the EFILive.com main page and download V7.5 build 201 and V8 build 191. Install these, then try it again.

dineauto
April 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Yeah I started really looking at the updates after I posted my last. It was different builds so when I hit update on the firmware it said it was up to date, so I just got done updating both v7.5 and v8 and I'm going to try again. Thanks again for your correspondence.

dineauto
April 10th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Alright, good to go. Thanks alot ScarabEpic22

ScarabEpic22
April 10th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Glad you're all set, now get tuning! :D

dineauto
April 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I really don't even know where to begin. At first I just wanted to delete the dpf and egr but now I want to start tinkering, haha. I really just want the best mileage possible but I'm worried changing things and not knowing what else that effects. I'll start on the tutorial and hope I can find what I want, I guess.