PDA

View Full Version : Is the second group of Flash starting shipping yet??

BowlingSS
February 6th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Are you guys still on schedule to ship the second group out yet? The date was 2-7. Just checking. Can not wait to get it in...

BowlingSS
:D

VortechC5
February 6th, 2005, 07:41 AM
I just logged into the forum to ask the exact same question...

Blacky
February 6th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Due to a supplier that did not deliver product on time, manufacturing has been pushed back by 1 week.
At this stage we expect product to be available from Monday next week. However, we have no guarantee that the supplier will not delay again. It is extremely frustrating and unfortunately, out of our control.
We appreciate your patience. We are doing everything we can to minimize the delay.

The part that is delaying the process is the Orange WO2 socket that is mounted in the side of the FlashScan unit. The supplier committed (in writing) to a January delivery date, but only had 13 in stock (computer error/human error, who knows?). We are now waiting for about 900 (600 plus spares) to be shipped.

Regards
Paul

VortechC5
February 6th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the update, Paul.

BowlingSS
February 6th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update.

BowlingSS
:shock:

zrx1200
February 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
i will need to change shipping address as we shift from the 12 /02..post box will remain the same..

Blacky
February 6th, 2005, 09:44 PM
i will need to change shipping address as we shift from the 12 /02..post box will remain the same..

Send an email with your order number in the subject to orders@efilive.com with your new address - we'll add a comment to the order so that when it ships it will go to the correct place.

Regards
Paul

dbaxter_ss
February 7th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Any chance to get the scanner now, and have the little orange o2 connector when they come in?

Blacky
February 7th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Any chance to get the scanner now, and have the little orange o2 connector when they come in?

I wish that were the problem. We would have built them weeks ago :(

There are four orange pieces:
Two sockets that are mounted (soldered) onto the FlashScan circuit board and two plugs that plug into the sockets. The ones that are short are the sockets that are mounted on the circuit board - we have plenty of the plugs.
Murphy's law in action.

Regards
Paul

dbaxter_ss
February 7th, 2005, 10:11 AM
:( bummer.

XLR8NSS
February 7th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Oh well, stuff happens. I'll wait. :)

Thanks for the update.

BigTex
February 8th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I'll wait. :)

I guess I will too.

Blacky
February 8th, 2005, 06:39 PM
About three months ago on the beta tester's forum, I made a remark that during development, "...we had experienced every conceivable delay know to mankind..." - I was wrong - there are thousands more ways that manufacturing can be delayed :(

The FlashScan units are manufactured in two stages: the first is the suface mount components, followed by the through hole components. The first stage is scheduled to be complete today or tomorrow. The Headers on which we are waiting are due to arrive Friday - possible earlier. Once they are available the through hole manufacturing can be completed. I am led to believe that we should see the first FlashScan units here by Monday.

But after so many delays, please take those times as estimates only. I can't predict the future, I can only tell you what I know now.

Regards
Paul

SS-1500
February 9th, 2005, 01:23 AM
I'll wait. :)

I guess I will too.

:( Me too

GMPX
February 9th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Remember the scene in the Blues Brothers when Jake was down on he's knees in the tunnel before the big show pleading to he's 'nearly' wife......that's us right now.

Cheers,
Ross

highperf
February 9th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I know we all have our problems but....

I have my 2004 Pontiac GTO with 1k miles waiting for me to scan and tune her, Yet I wait for my EFILive Flashscan to ship..... :cry:

It's cold and snowy and I need to make adjustments for my 3.91 gear ratio mod. :cry:

I Hope this is a sad enough story for the EFILive folks to SHIP MINE FIRST :lol:

wait4me
February 9th, 2005, 04:55 PM
for your sadness highperf, ill hook you up with my gto tune. It is pretty awsome, When you get the software, ill make a bin for you to try :)

JxxxOxxxE
February 9th, 2005, 11:07 PM
So if everything stays on track, and they do arrive to you guys on Monday, can we expect to see them on our doorsteps by wednesday? At least for the ones that ordered for overnight express?

BB
February 11th, 2005, 05:35 PM
If it helps I can be last in line for mine. I just now got my block back from the machinist. It could be a while before it is back in its bay.

Blacky
February 12th, 2005, 12:33 PM
This delay is as frustrating for us as it is for everyone else.
Just to keep you informed, this is the response we have been sending out to customers who have enquired why EFILive is not shipping yet:

After committing in writing that a required part would be available in January, one of our suppliers changed their expected delivery date to Friday Feb 11. As of Saturday Feb 12, those parts have not arrived, but we expect them here by Monday 14.

Unfortunately that makes us look bad because based on our suppliers written estimate, we promised our customers that shipping would begin in the first week of Feb.
We are doing everything we can to speed up receipt of that part.
Once the part is available we will begin shipping to clear the backorder.

Just for your interest, the part on which we are waiting is the orange WO2 header socket that is fitted to the FlashScan circuit board. The supplier "thought" they held enough stock locally, but due to incorrect product inventory they only had 13 pieces. We needed 600, so they had to be ordered from the manufacturer in Germany.

The FlashScan Units have already been manfactured, they are just waiting at the manufacturing plant for that last part. Once the part is fitted to the boards they will be ready to ship.

Thank you for your patience, we apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Regards
Paul Blackmore
EFILive Limited

mistermike
February 12th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Having been involved with electronics manufacturing in the past, I can surely sympathize with you, Paul. There's so may variables, and so many parts vendors, and all it takes is 1 to hold up the works. I have to commend you for your forthrightness over the entire development and production. I'll take an honest "it's not done yet" over some B.S. spin anyday. Take your time with the Q.C., and ship 'em when they're 100% to your satisfaction.

BowlingSS
February 13th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Having been involved with electronics manufacturing in the past, I can surely sympathize with you, Paul. There's so may variables, and so many parts vendors, and all it takes is 1 to hold up the works. I have to commend you for your forthrightness over the entire development and production. I'll take an honest "it's not done yet" over some B.S. spin anyday. Take your time with the Q.C., and ship 'em when they're 100% to your satisfaction.

I agree. I can wait.

BowlingSS

mnotx
February 13th, 2005, 04:49 AM
No problem here. It's worth the wait. We all understand being at the mercy of suppliers.

frodo84
February 15th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Any update on the shipping dates? Thanks!

DebianDog
February 15th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I am glad I am not alone in my misery... :(

What REALLY makes it annoying is my buddy, that did get one of the first batch, bragging about how great it is.

Blacky
February 15th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Warning: this story has a happy ending (for once)...

You'll be glad you were not here on Monday when the manufacturer rang to say supplier just told them that the parts shipment was delayed by two weeks.
The supplier had just said they could only deliver 100 parts, the other 500 would not arrive for two more weeks.

Anyway while I was talking on the phone with the manufacturer, trying to figure out a course of action, all 600 parts were delivered.

So while the supplier was saying the parts won't be there for another two weeks the DHL van was actually enroute to deliver them - go figure!

The final through hole parts are being fitted to the boards today and we will be shipping asap.

Regards
Paul

Bruce Melton
February 15th, 2005, 09:21 AM
That is very strange but happy. The supplier is obviously clueless.

VortechC5
February 15th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Excellet news. Thanks for the update!

Maggie
February 15th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I like happy endings!

I had something similar happen...I ordered some parts to be overnighted. The parts arrived as scheduled. The same day I got an e-mail informing me that my order had been delayed but would ship promptly. I called the company and informed them of the e-mail and that I had received the parts as promissed. Well, The next day I got more parts. So, I call the company, they give me the info I need to return the parts. I ship the parts back. 4 days later I get the same parts I returned delivered again with a letter apologizing for the delay!

highperf
February 15th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Excellent, Yeah Baby!!!! :D

Seriously great news.

Hey wait4me, lets talk about that GTO bin

dbaxter_ss
February 16th, 2005, 07:31 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!

I can finally get this supercharged GTO DYNO TUNED :D

I could have done it with a certain editing software for ls1's :D but just did not want to have to take 95% of my time on the dyno UPLOADING the dang changes. Not to mention, the stress of hoping my pcm didn't fry.

DebianDog
February 19th, 2005, 03:36 AM
I saw the $$$ just got jacked out of my account so I expect to see it soon! Yeh!

Dirk Diggler
February 19th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Woot same here

XLR8NSS
February 19th, 2005, 06:32 AM
My account has not been jacked yet. :( ;)

SS-1500
February 19th, 2005, 09:39 AM
My account has not been jacked yet. :( ;)

Not sure it matters, mine cleared Jan. 26th.

GMPX
February 19th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Enjoy your weekend folks......others are programming interfaces and packing boxes...so very soon you will all be up and away.

Thanks for your patience, it really was out of our hands all these delays.....perhaps we should give out all the phone numbers of all our suppliers :wink:

Cheers,
Ross

XLR8NSS
February 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Oops, looks like it was jacked way back on Jan 7th.

I guess anyday next week it could be here. :shock: :D

GMPX - I'm sure your suppliers would LOVE you if you gave out their numbers to us. :twisted:

Blacky
February 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
All orders with numbers less than 200 will be shipped on Monday.
Assuming the information in the order is ok, and payment is processed ok.

And assuming I don't hit by a bus between now and then.
Ok, I promise to stay indoors :)

Paul

Dans91
February 19th, 2005, 06:14 PM
what about numbers 1118? :(

When do you think those will ship?

Thanx
Dan

Blacky
February 19th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Thanx
Dan

It will probably ship on Tuesday, or even Monday - depends how late we work tonight.

Paul

bink
February 20th, 2005, 04:37 AM

Thanx
Dan

It will probably ship on Tuesday, or even Monday - depends how late we work tonight.

Paul

A "Tip of the Hat" and a Round of applause for ALL!!

Get some shuteye, guys. :mrgreen:

dbaxter_ss
February 20th, 2005, 04:58 AM

Thanx
Dan

Well there is one positive for me, I am 1112 ;)

bink
February 20th, 2005, 06:27 AM

Thanx
Dan

WOW... :idea: You guys are already nearing the First Century mark :!:

...........Thumbs up emoticon needed!!

Blacky
February 20th, 2005, 09:02 AM

Thanx
Dan

Wouldn't that be nice - actually the "old" store started at order #1.
The new store started at order #1100
Paul

dbaxter_ss
February 20th, 2005, 01:31 PM

Thanx
Dan

Wouldn't that be nice - actually the "old" store started at order #1.
The new store started at order #1100
Paul

So does that mean we are in the first 200?

Still good to be the 12th to order at the new store :D

Just think, someday we will be telling other, Oh yah well I was around with v5 of efi :D

Blacky
February 20th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Just think, someday we will be telling other, Oh yah well I was around with v5 of efi :D

Anyone remember CarBytes (aka EFILive V2?)
Now that was a few years ago!
Paul

RandyWS6
February 20th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Got my tracking number a little while ago #103
can't weight :lol:

Dirk Diggler
February 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
I am 110 and got mine also

Blacky
February 20th, 2005, 06:35 PM
If anyone with an order number <120 has not got a tracking number - post a message in this topic. I have had a few rejected tracking number email notifications.

We'll be working hard on the orders starting at 1100 tonight and tomorrow.
They should ship out of here on Tuesday afternoon and arrive Wed morning in the Aus and USA. (2-3 days for other places).

Paul

zrx1200
February 20th, 2005, 08:07 PM
got my notification today,delivery 28/02/05..order 100

Blacky
February 20th, 2005, 08:40 PM
got my notification today,delivery 28/02/05..order 100
All orders that went out today (Monday NZ time) via UPS should be delivered overnight. After all, UPS call the delivery: "overnight express".

However, "overnight" only means overnight to Australia and/or the US. To other places, such as UK, Europe, Sth Africa and The Middle East, it is 2-3 days.

If it was shipped via NZ Post, then it will be 4-10 days.

Regards
Paul

FlyinBrian
February 21st, 2005, 08:23 AM
If anyone with an order number <120 has not got a tracking number - post a message in this topic. I have had a few rejected tracking number email notifications.
Paul

Paul, I have not recieved a tracking # yet. Order #21
Brian

Dans91
February 21st, 2005, 01:22 PM

Thanx
Dan

Paul

Yeah that is great, how will i recieve a tracking number? I did pay for overnight shipping so will i see it by wed? I am in california USA so i should see it by then right?

I really do appreciate everyones help with all this stuff and sorry you kinda got screwed by the manufactuerers. I hope all is well and take it easy.

Thanks so much for everything and keeping us posted every bit of the way.

Dan

Blacky
February 21st, 2005, 01:59 PM
Paul

Paul, I have not recieved a tracking # yet. Order #21
Brian

If I remember, your shipment was posted via NZ Post.
I should have mentioned NZ Post do not provide tracking numbers.

Paul

johnsZ06
February 21st, 2005, 02:03 PM
My Order Number Is 1137. Any idea how long of a wait for me?

FlyinBrian
February 21st, 2005, 02:43 PM
If I remember, your shipment was posted via NZ Post.
I should have mentioned NZ Post do not provide tracking numbers.

Paul

Ok cool, It seems like I remember you mentioning that before.
Can't wait to get it!!
Thanks Paul......You guys rock 8)

wait4me
February 21st, 2005, 03:53 PM
just got my email. mine says it will be here in 4 days via express :)

Blacky
February 21st, 2005, 04:04 PM

We shipped up to order number #1155 today.
Some orders prior to 1155 did not go today, but they will ship tomorrow.

If your shipping option is UPS, check your emails, you should be getting tracking numbers about now.

Regards
Paul

Dans91
February 21st, 2005, 06:22 PM

We shipped up to order number #1155 today.
Some orders prior to 1155 did not go today, but they will ship tomorrow.

If your shipping option is UPS, check your emails, you should be getting tracking numbers about now.

Regards
Paul

You and your squad are the BOMB DIGGITY!!!!! :D

I got my tracking number today

THANKS SO MUCH

Dan

zrx1200
February 21st, 2005, 08:04 PM
got the call from customs today.156 aus dollars for gst and duties..hope i havent paid gst twice? at least its finally in aus

JxxxOxxxE
February 21st, 2005, 08:39 PM
I'm 1167, so hopefully mine will go out tomorrow (tuesday). If you have any problems with my order going through due to the 3 numbers on the back of the card, I accidently hit enter before I typed it all in, please contact me ASAP by email at JoeKreke@aol.com.

Blacky
February 21st, 2005, 09:37 PM
got the call from customs today.156 aus dollars for gst and duties..hope i havent paid gst twice? at least its finally in aus

No, you have not paid GST twice. EFILive does not charge GST on products sent out of NZ. That's your contribution to the Australian government.

Australian Customs will charge you:
1. GST = 10% of purchase price + 10% of shipping costs.
2. Customs "Compile fee" which is AUD $49.25 if your order total (including shipping) is over AUD $250, which means all EFILive FlashScan orders. So AUD $156 is about what you would expect.

It really is a form of legalized highway robbery. NZ Customs is just as bad - we pay through the nose to import all the parts, just so we can export it again and you guys get to pay through the nose again - its just wrong!

Note, the US is free up to USD $2000.

zrx1200
February 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
thankyou for the clarification..cant wait to have a play..arived today fri 25th thanks..

GMPX
February 22nd, 2005, 12:15 AM
This is why I was shocked when my PLX arrived with no import duties and no GST.....not like the government to cut anyone a break!!.

Cheers,
Ross

dbaxter_ss
February 22nd, 2005, 02:40 AM
Just got my shipping and ups email with tracking number :)

OOOOOOOOO I'm diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeein :D

LS1WV
February 22nd, 2005, 05:29 AM

We'll be working hard on the orders starting at 1100 tonight and tomorrow.
They should ship out of here on Tuesday afternoon and arrive Wed morning in the Aus and USA. (2-3 days for other places).

Paul

My order number is 66. I haven't received any tracking infromation.

Thanks,

LS1WV

Thank you for shopping with us. Your order information follows.

PURCHASE ORDER
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORDER NUMBER: 66
ORDER DATE: 05-Jan-2005:05:01
ORDER STATUS: Pending

CUSTOMER INFORMATION
--------------------

Maggie
February 22nd, 2005, 05:43 AM
Order # 48 received!!... :o :lol:
Thanks guys!

Now I just need the PLX300 to get here. :wink:

Dirk Diggler
February 22nd, 2005, 06:03 AM
order 105 received

XLR8NSS
February 22nd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Order 90 recieved. :D

I also found a USB port on my laptop that I didn't even realize it had. :oops: :)

RandyWS6
February 22nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
got mine today #103 :lol: :P

BowlingSS
February 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Got mine today. Now for some logging and tuning.
Thanks Paul. Great Customer Service.

Bill

dbaxter_ss
February 23rd, 2005, 03:42 AM
Just got mine a day early.

wait4me
February 23rd, 2005, 07:24 AM
Woo hoo!! Got mine a day early too! Looks beeeutiful. Damn weather. Need spring. So many toys to play with, and just not fun in the snow.

hpcubed
February 23rd, 2005, 12:42 PM
I'm # 1201. Would really appreciate it if I can get it by Friday or Saturday if they deliver on Saturday.

Thanks

Nick 02 Z06
February 23rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Order 1151 sitting on my doorstep when I got home from work today! Thanks guys! Time to go break something..

mnotx
February 23rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
#1130 has arrived. Can't wait to play!

highperf
February 24th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Received mine this morning #1181.

Great Job Guys, looking forward to using the product.

johnsZ06
February 24th, 2005, 03:48 AM
UPS dropped off #1137! Thanks guys!

JxxxOxxxE
February 24th, 2005, 04:00 PM
got mine this morning... :D

now just have to wait for some 98' progress... :cry:

04GOAT
February 25th, 2005, 10:42 AM
UPS dropped mine off this morning - looks like it was dropped from the plane!

Blacky
February 25th, 2005, 10:52 AM

That is pretty poor service, we will take it up with UPS.
Paul

GMPX
February 25th, 2005, 11:24 AM

Butchers, was everything inside O.K?.
My father in law once had a camshaft broken in half by a shipping company!!, can you imagine the force need to do that.

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
February 26th, 2005, 10:32 AM
UPS is returning the package.
EFILive is replacing the shipment with a new one.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 26th, 2005, 10:32 AM
My father in law once had a camshaft broken in half by a shipping company!!, can you imagine the force need to do that.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

mistermike
February 28th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Received mine last week while I was out of town on business. Excellent customer service. The CD was dated like a couple of days before it shipped. Amazing! Keep up the good work. I'm convinced Paul and crew haven't slept since 1997.