PDA

View Full Version : Calc.ve questioN

Cool28
April 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Been reading up and read I can do it off ltft if I don't have a wideband. But how do I chane the calcpid.txt? Also if I have a ported Maf and throttle body would I have to use a wideband?

joecar
April 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
You can use the LTFT's to tune your MAF and/or VE in closed loop only (i.e. a limited portion of those tables)...

you don't need to change calc_pids.txt, just use the pid LTFTBEN in the MAF correction map.

Cool28
April 15th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Ok will do thanks. Btw does changing the map to psi effect this?

Cool28
April 15th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Well the ve part read all 0s in psi but not kpa for some reason. Didn't update that but the new maf numbers got rid of my high long terms:). There around 0 now. Short term was -99 till I drove it now those are 0s for the most part.

Wondering if I did something wrong with ve. Even the pid correction read 0.0 the whole way.

joecar
April 16th, 2012, 04:30 AM
If you use psi, make sure both the sacntool map and the tunetool table use the same units on the same axis.

joecar
April 16th, 2012, 04:32 AM
For VE being zero:

Are you using % units...? If so did you enter your engine's displacement (in scantool go Edit->Log File Information->Vehicle Options and in the Engine box enter your displacement in cc's).

Also, in the scantool on the PIDs tab, do CALC.VET and CALC.VEN have red X thru them...? If so do rightclick->More Info on see what it says.

Cool28
April 16th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I set a log with that but do I have to set the current log with displacement after the run? All pids were good. To get them good I had to click on the wideband pid to get them good.