PDA

View Full Version : Pre-defined PID groups?

icemanjc1
April 13th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Did I miss the boat? -or- What's up with scan tool? When you open the PID menu/tab, are your pre-defined PID groups at the top like they used to be? They seem to have disappeared on both of my computers, both old logs and cleared data. Maybe my laptop and my desktop caught the clap....??

This is after I move the selected PIDs window up, covering the PID group select, then the PID group won't appear again. Occasionally the when I open Scan tool the PID group will re-establish and appear. Doesn't last very long.

DoghouseDiesel
April 13th, 2012, 09:18 PM
No, you didn't miss anything.

For some reason it does that on occassion.

Uninstall and reinstall the software and try not to completely hide the pre-defined groups.

DODGE74
April 14th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Its happened to me too.

When it happened to me I was on the dyno and trying to set up my page and I was like WTF!!! So needless to say nothing got logged that day and I was tuning in the dark.

GMPX
April 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM
News to us guys, has anyone been able to figure out the steps to make this happen?

Motorzane
April 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I don't know if this helps, but the screen shot shows that it is not connected to the truck. Just an observation.

icemanjc1
April 15th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I've found in the last couple days, if I load a log from my cummins and CTRL-N (clear data) it will show back up 75% of the time.

icemanjc1
April 15th, 2012, 10:23 AM
News to us guys, has anyone been able to figure out the steps to make this happen?

Just click and drag the lower PID description window up, completely covering the Pre-defined PID group, then click again and drag it down....

FUBAR
April 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
That and if you accidentally drag one of the Fx (i.e. F8) tabs out of the ScanTool window the tab will disappear requiring a uninstall, install. Found that out when I dropped my wireless mouse in the truck while reviewing a log. An IT buddy of mine said it should be fairly simple to add a icon restoring the icons or layout. No biggie, just adding $0.02 to the topic.

Blacky
April 15th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Until we get it fixed, you can manually edit the registry and restore the PID Group selection window.

If you drag a tab page so that it becomes undocked from its original position, either drag it back onto the list of tabs, or just close the window to restore its original position in the tab dock.

DoghouseDiesel
April 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Ross, this is the same issue I was talking about down in Beta and that a few others had mentioned having also.

comnrailpwr
April 16th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I too somehow lost all my pid groups after the last software install. Haven't messed with it since. I also lost my saved dashpages aswell. I thought it was just something I did and just stopped messing with it at that time.

FUBAR
May 3rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Until we get it fixed, you can manually edit the registry and restore the PID Group selection window.

Been away for a while (month +) and when I get the short window of time when I returned home to install an injection pump and try to datalog, I open ScanTool only to find I can't see the groups of PID's. Can't seem to follow Ross's path to find the registry setting either. I am using the latest versions 7.5 Build 204 and 8 build 195 and am using Windows XP Ver 5.1 (latest)

This IS VERY frustrating...

Blacky
May 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Been away for a while (month +) and when I get the short window of time when I returned home to install an injection pump and try to datalog, I open ScanTool only to find I can't see the groups of PID's. Can't seem to follow Ross's path to find the registry setting either. I am using the latest versions 7.5 Build 204 and 8 build 195 and am using Windows XP Ver 5.1 (latest)

This IS VERY frustrating...

To edit the registry, you need to run Regedit.
Select Start->Run, then type regedit and click ok.
Then follow the path to the correct key.

Regards
Paul

FUBAR
May 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
I believe it's Windows XP 32 bit as well I'm using. Whether it be navigating thru windows explorer, My computer, user documents, etc etc, when I open up 7.5 folder, I can't find a "Scan" folder to eventually get to Listviews folder and so on. So I'm gonna need this spelled out BIG Crayola style as Rich says!

FUBAR
May 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks Paul. You beat me to it. I'll try when I return home.

Blacky
May 3rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Here's the "crayola" version :)

FUBAR
May 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
Ok, well apparently I've got a unique situation. Because I did what you said, but it did not display the groups (nothing changed.) I did not have any EFILive applications running at the time either.

Thanks,
-Andrew

Blacky
May 3rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Ok, well apparently I've got a unique situation. Because I did what you said, but it did not display the groups (nothing changed.) I did not have any EFILive applications running at the time either.

Thanks,
-Andrew

See the [GM] marker in the bottom of the window? That needs to say [Cummins]. To change it, select File->Select Controller and select either CMB or CMC.
Regards
Paul

FUBAR
May 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
"I see." Said the blind man to his deaf daughter as she strung her violin! But what I did to get the group 'window' back up was opened a log, cleared the data, and it came back up. But if it does this again, I will note what you just instructed. Probably was brought on when I was viewing my GM logs some time ago. I don't know, but anyhow I greatly appreciate the prompt help!

-Andrew

LaydSierra
May 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I've found in the last couple days, if I load a log from my cummins and CTRL-N (clear data) it will show back up 75% of the time.

This works for me as well, just load a log then clear it & they show right back up.

FUBAR
May 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I think what it's doing is inadvertently switching to a Cummins controller when we select a Cummins log and clear the data. So somehow whether viewing a GM log or somehow when the ScanTool was last opened had a GM controller selected, it of course gets rid of the groups because of course there are no groups under GM. Just seems that's what happened in my case. And I bet for those who have never touched a GM log etc, I bet when this situation has occurred to them, it has been after they've updated and the software may default to a GM controller. Maybe...

comnrailpwr
May 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM
That's what happened to me. Have never looked at a GM log. It only happened when I updated the software.