PDA

View Full Version : Less air when cluth is depressed

smslyguy
April 14th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Which parameter controls the amount of air exactly when the clutch is depressed? I was thinking it was b4309, but i beleive it to be a decay rate.. Not quite sure though. my car revs slightly higher when the clutch is disengaged. Was woundering which paramater controls this?

The Alchemist
April 14th, 2012, 09:50 AM
If your foots off the accerator completely when you press the clutch in, then its the throttle cracker P/Neutral. Timing also affects idle stability or instability during this coasting phase so have a look at that too and see what its doing. Any questions or logs/tune file just post. > Mike.

smslyguy
April 21st, 2012, 02:33 AM
If your foots off the accerator completely when you press the clutch in, then its the throttle cracker P/Neutral. Timing also affects idle stability or instability during this coasting phase so have a look at that too and see what its doing. Any questions or logs/tune file just post. > Mike.

Thanks for the reply... My throttle cracker p/neutral is zero'd out completely.. Meaning there is no air added to that chart.. What does b4313 (throttle cracker decay rate) exactly due? Is that not a "delay" before it actually pulls back on the throttle??

swingtan
April 21st, 2012, 04:59 PM
A "Decay Rate" implies how fast the setting is reduced by. It's not a "delay" as such, in this case it'd be how fast the cracker setting is returned "0". A "delay" setting would imply a period of time before the cracker started to be decayed back to "0".

So....

{B4314}: sets how long the cracker settings are held for before being returned to "0"
{B4313}: sets how long it takes to ramp the cracker settings back to "0"

Subtle difference, but important to get right.

Simon.