PDA

View Full Version : E67-How do I get the Transmission tables?

PRAY
April 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry for the stupid question but I am new to the V2 and 05' and up cars. I just bought an 07' TBSS and was going to tune it. I down loaded the tune like normal (97-04) and the transmission tables didn't show up. Even with the V2 the pre 05' cars transmission tables show up when you down load the stock tune. What do I have to do to get them? Need help fast. Thanks.

tokymon
April 15th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I believe that is a separate controler must connect to t42 tranny computer or it night be t43
T42 is 4 speed tranny
T43 is 6 speed tranny

PRAY
April 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
It is a T42. I believe that they are seperate controllers but how do I down load the calibration?

tokymon
April 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
When connecting with efi live select t42 instead of e67 as the controller to read
Sorry not at computer to give better directions
Sitting in line for car wash surfing on phone

PRAY
April 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks, I was just about to do that. Some times I ask questions before looking for answers. When I reflash the computer, I will have to do a trans and ecm flash I assume? Thanks a lot for the help.

PRAY
April 15th, 2012, 11:20 AM
That worked. Thanks.

ScarabEpic22
April 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Yes, you will have to do 2 separate flashes, one for the E67 ECM and another for the T42 TCM. That said, I prefer it this way because 90% of the time you're only tweaking the trans or engine trying to get it right. Making too many changes in both modules just adds up to headache, the only time I routinely flash an ECM and TCM back to back is to flash a baseline tune to start tweaking and modifying.

Good luck with the TBSS, a little work on the TCM makes a BIG difference in how it shits. Just dont get too aggressive on trans tuning, most guys with a stock trans only run a max of 50% TM (AWD) or up to 75% (2WD), but Id start with like 25-50% and go from there. Is it stock?

PRAY
April 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Yes it is stock. On the dyno yesterday it put down 325/320rw but wouldn't hold gear when commanded. It also did some weird stuff till about half the run that skewed the tq numbers. Since it wouldn't hold gear I didn't bother tuning it.

I am not understanding the TCM percentages people are throwing out. The stock tables are only set up to a max of 30%. Are you guys saying reduce those by 50% or actually put in 50% to the table? I usually 0 all of my TM tables. Seems like people want me to add TM? Can you send me some screen shots of what your trans tuning looks like? I don't want to mess this thing up but I want some more performance out of it for sure.

ScarabEpic22
April 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Remove 50% (aka halve) the values in the tables, not enter 50 directly.

Do NOT completely remove TM from a stock TBSS, you will lose the trans within a few thousand miles. GM really screwed up giving us a 5000lb truck, 4.10 gears, 400lb/ft tq, and running it through a 4L70E. Toss in AWD, and you have a recipe for disaster. Look on TBSSOwners at all the threads of guys with 100% stock trucks losing their transmission before 50k (sometimes as low as 18k!).

PRAY
April 18th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Got it. Thought that was what you meant. Glad I bought the extended warranty. I think the gears are actually helping us but not much. Reminds me of Iraq in 05' when they took away our GMV's gave us 15,000lb Upamored HMMV's with turbo diesels and stock 4L80 trans. We went through five in the first month.