PDA

View Full Version : help with DTC

WicketMike
February 5th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I was going to do my AutoVE on the Gold T/A since i got the STS Turbo installed this weekend but the damn LC1 sensor isnt working so i had to plug the MAF back in and try to watch the LTFTs for now.

When i was scanning it, the P0103 code came on, the bank 1 sensor 1 looks like it died. When the code came on, the left side was just reading "0".

i got a few questions.

1. What does the pcm fall back onto now that the Narrowband 02 sensor has died? If it was running lean, will it now not make up for it?

2. What can make that narrowband 02 sensor go bad? It went out when i went WOT.

3. On my LC-1, it reads 14.7-14.9 in flashscan and 24.7-24.9 on my pillar guage and never any other numbers. So the wideband 02 sensor isnt working, any ideas here?

thanks

Mike

TAQuickness
February 5th, 2006, 03:51 PM
p0103 is a MAF code.

when NB's fail you fall back to the open loop fuel table.

excessive rich conditions can kill an o2

WicketMike
February 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM
p0103 is a MAF code.

when NB's fail you fall back to the open loop fuel table.

excessive rich conditions can kill an o2

but it said P0103 was bank 1 sensor 1 , didnt say anything about MAF,
and it wasnt running rich, was actually real lean, even maxing out lean, 25+ ltfts.

thanks

TAQuickness
February 6th, 2006, 02:31 AM
according to my tune, P0103 is a "Mas Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High"

Can you post a screen shot?

WicketMike
February 6th, 2006, 05:59 AM
sorry about that, my dumbass typed the wrong number in :-)

its P0131

thanks

dfe1
February 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM
P0131 is defined as O2 sensor circuit low voltage, Bank 1 sensor 1. This code is frequently the result of a bad connection, or even water getting into the connectors, so don't assume automatically that the sensor is dead. An easy way to determine if the sensor is bad is to switch it to the other side and see if the problem moves. P0151 is the same code for the passenger side sensor. Good luck.