PDA

View Full Version : ECM doing funny things

Backhoe man
April 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM
This is a 6.7 truck that seems to have some major tuning issues. First off it will run with my smarty just fine but with the recent problems I obtained a clean stock file and loaded that. I do not want to reload the smarty but I need my truck to run. I have tried so many things including files that run just fine on other 6.7 trucks. Also I have used files from two professional tuners and I end up with the same results every time. The ecm does not want to fuel at a constant rate it is always pulling back fuel then adding fuel. Driving this truck is the equivalent to riding a rank horse it bucks and does whatever it wants to do. Anyway I put in the clean file and then put together a tune, same results as always drives bad refuses to fuel and if it does decide to fuel hold on because it is gonna happen in a hurry. It will go from 60mm to 150mm in two data frames in the scan, but in the real world my foot is moving slowly down on the pedal. My foot also never hit full throttle so I should be in the 135mm range anyway. The pedal to desired in the tune is modified but linear, but while driving the pedal feels dead for a very good portion of it and then boom fuel lots of it. Just so everyone knows it will not run on the stock file either same results, load the smarty it runs just fine. The truck is highly modified big cp3, cam, large charger, and so on. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful because this is getting frustrating. I thought I had a bad injector so I changed it out and the truck ran fine for a couple of days and then right back to the bad running. The injector balance rates are not perfect but the truck is clearly not missing and a cylinder contribution test shows up good. I am starting to think that I have something very wrong with either wiring or the ecm but there is no evidence of this with the smarty on the truck. Also with a smarty file the truck runs very strong so I do not believe the motor is hurt at all, no heavy smoke or any evidence of a problem whatsoever. Sorry for the long post but I gotta get this fixed and working correctly. I will post a screen shot of a log so you guys get an idea of what it is doing.12924

AFTERMATH DIESEL
April 15th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Was this truck ever reflashed at the dealer or was it just a known good file?

Backhoe man
April 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Just a known good file, it is going to be reflashed at the dealer here in a week or so.

AFTERMATH DIESEL
April 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I would recommend it. The reason I asked is because one of the first 6.7 I tuned my results where inconsistent and I wasted the better part of a day.
I had all the modules re flashed at the dealer and I tuned it the next day with no issues.
Like I said though it was the first 6.7 I had done so it very well could of been something I did.
Since that and a few issues I had with 5.9's
I've made sure every dodge I tune goes to the dealer if they have ever had any programmer on the vehicle

Backhoe man
April 16th, 2012, 02:02 AM
So to update this I changed nothing, drove it to work this morning and it ran great. No hiccups and a nice smooth power. I should be happy but I have a feeling it will go back to what it was doing as it has done that before.

2007 5.9
April 16th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Geez Jamie...you sure got a picky one.

comnrailpwr
April 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I say dealer flash and report back. Something is not right and it doesn't sound tune related.

Backhoe man
May 11th, 2012, 01:16 AM
I did the reflash and still have the same problem, I think it is time to start checking the wiring harness.

Compcowboy
May 13th, 2012, 02:01 AM
when logging what does your throttle % show? Is it smooth? Your actual pedal may be messed up and its reading all over the place. Smarty has a pretty steep angle on the on the TPS so you may not notice it with that. Just a thought throwing it out there.