PDA

View Full Version : 2005 LLY DSP5 shifting question?

haulinit
April 15th, 2012, 01:47 PM
This is my first time doing a DSP5 on a VGT engine. I'm have a problem getting the tranny to shift properly on the 50hp tow tune (IIRC it is 3) and the 100hp mostly giving me troubles (IIRC it is 2), Sorry I cant get a hold of him to confirm the order. The tranny acts confused when to shift under acceleration, even under moderate throttle. Any help would be great.

haulinit
April 19th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I reflashed the truck last night I allowed for a higher boost by changing the difference between the desired and actual so it will stop throwing the p0234 code and raised the engine torque limiter to a slightly higher number, a good part of the funny shifting went away but not all of it. I'm starting to think it is a defueling issue causing the problems. I dont want to take the defueling out to help prevent tearing the tranny out. Under heavy acceleration the boost hit 32 PSI is that normal for a LLY? Almost forgot to add he has some other modifications including a AFE mouth piece, EGR block off and a AIR DOG 2.

The Neens
April 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
A2109 looks a little odd to me...

killerbee
May 2nd, 2012, 01:45 AM
You will have to post a log of the offending behavior, to get any assistance with it.