PDA

View Full Version : How to make a 50hp tune?

gto4evr
February 6th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Hi i was wondering since the maximum additional hp on a stock allison transmission is 65hp, has anyone figured out how to make a modurate 50hp LB7 tune? I tried the 100hp tune and it was amazing and all (great low end boost) but i am really worried about transmission damage. Thanks for anyones help... I tried making my own tune by halving the 100 hp fuel and boost numbers but i am not sure that that is the proper mixture. Does anyone know if there are any ill effects of raising the rev limiter to 4000 rpm?

Thanks

-Rob

gto4evr
February 15th, 2006, 06:39 PM
anyone have any suggestions?

HD-Nate
February 16th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Not into the EFI.......yet, but I have the 125 hp tune on my Edge Hot Juice box.

I run it in the 100 hp range for my daily driving and the 125 range for the occassional need for speed.

I let my tranny learn slowly, 100 miles at each level, starting at level 1 then up to 5.

It has never limped on me and I have close to 70,000 mile on it from new.

lakingslayer
February 16th, 2006, 07:01 AM
I haven't started dynoing my tunes yet. I do know what I have is at least 80hp. Chirps the tires when the TC locks under heavy throttle.

Biodiesel66
February 16th, 2006, 02:55 PM

Rob

Try starting with these 4 tables to make your first changes. You can set a custom PID and monitor the information so you know what changes need to be made and where in the calibration tables. You will need to do several different kind of test runs and use that data to make the changes. That's a start.

Engine Calibration.Fuel Injection.Quantity
{B0720} Main Injection Pulse, modified.
{B0721} Main Injection Pulse (No Pilot), modified.
{B0727} Throttle Base Injection Quantity, modified.

Engine Calibration.Fuel Injection.Timing
{B0910} Injection Timing (C), modified.

Is this what your look-in for? :banana:

gto4evr
February 16th, 2006, 05:38 PM
yes that was what i was looking for, but my only question is how far would you adjust those tables and still have the truck be a daily driver. I loved having the low end torque of the 100 hp tune, but my fuel economy obviously suffered. Is there any happy medium that you guys know of?

Thanks

-Rob

Wasted Income
February 17th, 2006, 02:35 AM
The ONLY reason your fuel economy suffered with that 100 hp tune, was because you had a heavy foot. How else would you know how much you liked the low end power??:muahaha:

The biggest factor to the milage you get is YOU. A 100 hp tune, should not negatively effect fuel economy on the highway, unless you're like me and you stand on it all the time, just for fun :rockon:

gto4evr
February 17th, 2006, 03:17 PM
ok yeah i agree, the power is intoxicating... my only issue is that i don't want to have the transmission shifting so oddly- and at the wrong points. This truck is in for the long haul as i don't have like 6 grand to replace the trans. I reguards to fuel economy, yeah i guess it was me- but cmon how often do you get to go to 115MPH in a diesel truck?

-Rob

bobo
February 26th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I reguards to fuel economy, yeah i guess it was me- but cmon how often do you get to go to 115MPH in a diesel truck?

-Rob

Once a week at least!!

GMPX
February 26th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Just compare the level of difference between a stock file and the 100Hp tune (boost table and main fuel pulse tables) then compromise somwhere in between. Of course without a dyno you can't verify the actual power difference.

Cheers,
Ross

gto4evr
February 26th, 2006, 01:59 PM
yep, that is what i did- i pritty much took a certain percentage away from the modified tables and created my own tune. It is really interesting to see how the power decreases as you take away fuel... Thanks everyone for your help

-Rob

hdmax
February 27th, 2006, 06:32 AM
i was wondering since the maximum additional hp on a stock allison transmission is 65hp,

-Rob

Don't say that too loud! Allsion hasn't heard this info yet, and she has been holding up just fine for 80,000 miles with 85-135 extra rear wheel horsepower:beer: I had my truck dyno`ed a couple years ago at 403 rwhp, and the tune I ran then is the one I run 95% of the time.:cheers:

bobo
March 5th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Don't say that too loud! Allsion hasn't heard this info yet, and she has been holding up just fine for 80,000 miles with 85-135 extra rear wheel horsepower:beer: I had my truck dyno`ed a couple years ago at 403 rwhp, and the tune I ran then is the one I run 95% of the time.:cheers:

Once inside it, you will see the damage!:cheers:

Wolford
July 7th, 2006, 05:26 AM
yep, that is what i did- i pritty much took a certain percentage away from the modified tables and created my own tune. It is really interesting to see how the power decreases as you take away fuel... Thanks everyone for your help

-Rob

Shoot me a PM if you are still having issues.