PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a 5.3 twin turbo/E85 SD Open Loop Tune

Sinister
April 17th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I currently have a HPtuners COS that was done by the local tuner. The problem is I own EFI live so we need to make a completely new tune. My cousin is going to do the tune. He is very familiar with EFI live but not with E85 tunes. I wanted to know if there are any items that are a must to run a 2bar SD Open loop tune? I street drive this car and race it on weekends. I use a LM1 hooked up all the time to monitor my AFR ratios.

Here are the specs on the car.
1969 Chevelle 3800lbs with me in it
5.3 with twin PTE62/62, vic jr intake, tall elbow, 160lbs injectors
No intercooler
Meth/water injection set to kick on at 11lbs of boost. I run a total of 15-20lbs of boost
Th400 with PTC convertor, t brake

From what I understand with E85 and my set up that it likes around 20-22 degrees of timing at WOT and maybe a little more with the meth injection. I have the transbrake set to run in the 3k-3400 range so I was told to ad some timing back in at that range. Around 30-32 degrees. I run my fans on a toggle switch and my fuel pump on a toggle switch. I think the hardest part will be trying to figure out how much fuel for part throttle cruising and idle. So any help with that is also appreciated. I am also under the assumption that E85 in a boosted application likes the AFR to be around 10.8-11.3. On my current Hptuners tune my AFR is around 10.5 and it falls on its face when the meth injection kicks on. I think it's because its already too fat and then the alky injection makes it even more fat, hence killing power.

Any tips for the E85 boosted to keep the AFR around 10.8-11.3 at WOT, to keep a decent idle and part throttle with 160lb injectors. Any items that need to be bypassed or codes changed to run the open loop tune? Thanks again.

The pcm will be the 0411 0lder than 2002. I run NGk-7 plugs. Thanks.