PDA

View Full Version : Scaling Sanity Check and 4L60 Trans Cal

TurboCamaro
April 17th, 2012, 05:03 PM
This is my first go at scaling a Cal it would be great if someone could do a quick sanity check for me to ensure I haven't missed anything. I have learned a bunch with this car through it's mechanical trials and tribulations. The car is a '97 A4 Vette with an LSX deal and a ProCharger.

Attached are the cal prior to scaling with a log file, cal after scaling with the log file (note I didn't do a full sweep was doing steady state) then a cal file after a bunch of changes including some errors/learnings :doh2:and the final log file. So after all of this I believe I should have done a sweep and checked the top of the MAF as with the final Cal it is going to 512g/s, 112% Duty Cycle and still going lean (especially noticeable on the dyno). I believe I have run out of pump and so have had a larger pump and MSD controller installed. I am going to "back up" to the scaled cal and proceed from there. Comments are greatly appreciated. A great thanks to Greg your DVD was a superb assistance!

Also this is my first go around on Auto Trans tuning. I have not touched the shift curves at all yet, only the pressures.

:thankyou2:

joecar
May 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hi TC,

Sorry it took me a couple of weeks to catch up :doh:

Some comments... :)

trans:
- you could ramp up the pressure curves from zero (i.e. no flat line from 0 to 59 ftlb)(i.e. similar to your D0703);
- there should be a little more spread between the WOT downshift mph and WOT upshift mph;
- you could set the desired shift times a little lower, say 0.3s or 0.25s;
- set D1206 upper WOT threshold to 94% and D1207 lower WOT threshold to 84% (and same with 1208/9).

engine:
- HO/LO spark tables are wrong (at WOT as you run past/above peak TQ you should be able to command more advance than 2°;
- OL mixture table is too rich in the low MAP areas;
- did you scale the MAF and IFR down by the same percentage...? What about the VE...?
- would you be able to do the work to convert to a 411 PCM and run a COS to handle your boost...?

:)

How much TQ/HP is the engine expected to produce...? How much boost psi...?

TurboCamaro
May 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks Joe
Yes, scaled MAF and IFR by the same percentage. With VE I left it alone and scaled the displacement. I have the OL Mixture and timing extremely conservative until I get the Air Model to come around.

I suggested that it be converted to a 411 from the get go however the shop doing the mechanical did not want to do the work.

The car should make North of 600.