PDA

View Full Version : New Shift time tables!!!

Rhino79
April 19th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys for the addition of additional upshift shift time tables for the different shift patterns on some of the operating systems!!!!

ScarabEpic22
April 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Wow, I dont spend much time tuning T43s (yet), but from the looks of it everyone who wants to tune for a higher stall converter and dial in the shift pressures in the different modes is set! I think that was what everyone was wanting to have added for a while, am I missing anything else?

Dieselman
April 19th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I didn't even know about the new tables :ermm:

Thanks for the heads up Rhino and a big thanks to EFILive for opening up the T43 even more :thumb_yello:

scottcmb
April 19th, 2012, 07:31 PM
All i can say is......... WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO..........answers to the curiosities i had are now complete!!!

Thanks EFI live team!!!

regards Scotty

joecar
April 20th, 2012, 01:43 AM
I don't do a lot of T43 stuff, so what are the new table id's (for my benefit), please/thanks :)

Taz
April 20th, 2012, 03:19 AM
I don't do a lot of T43 stuff, so what are the new table id's (for my benefit), please/thanks :)

Hello Joecar,

The most recent new T43 tables include:

TCC Slip Test
D2309
D2297 – D2308

Shift Times

previously only one parameter per shift event
now there are two parameters (some OS have 3 parameters)
can now adjust the Normal mode shift times (shifter in the “D” position) and the Manual / Sport mode shift times (shifter in detent below “D” position – often “M” or “S”)

The most significant change to tuning the T43 was the introduction of the Torque Model in the accompanying ECM (E38 / E67 / etc.). This innovation was a fundamental change in ideology – an excellent example of “thinking outside the box”.

In a very brief period EFILive has gone from being behind on the T43, to clearly having an advantage over the competition – the Torque Model.

In my opinion the T43 tuning parameters are about 99% complete. The only welcome additions would be the TCC Max Pressure / Regulator Offset / Regulator Gain. These have a similar function to TCC lock up control as do the TCC Solenoid Min / Max PWM parameters with the A4 (4L60 / 4L80).

I could not be more pleased !

Cheers,
Taz

joecar
April 20th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Taz, thanks, good short summary (I like short summaries). :cheers:

minytrker
April 20th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Hello Joecar,

The most recent new T43 tables include:

TCC Slip Test
D2309
D2297 – D2308

Shift Times

previously only one parameter per shift event
now there are two parameters (some OS have 3 parameters)
can now adjust the Normal mode shift times (shifter in the “D” position) and the Manual / Sport mode shift times (shifter in detent below “D” position – often “M” or “S”)

The most significant change to tuning the T43 was the introduction of the Torque Model in the accompanying ECM (E38 / E67 / etc.). This innovation was a fundamental change in ideology – an excellent example of “thinking outside the box”.

In a very brief period EFILive has gone from being behind on the T43, to clearly having an advantage over the competition – the Torque Model.

In my opinion the T43 tuning parameters are about 99% complete. The only welcome additions would be the TCC Max Pressure / Regulator Offset / Regulator Gain. These have a similar function to TCC lock up control as do the TCC Solenoid Min / Max PWM parameters with the A4 (4L60 / 4L80).

I could not be more pleased !

Cheers,
Taz

I couldnt have said it better myself, very well said. I can't thank Ross enough for listening and not blocking all my emails and PM's about the T43. :muahaha: I gave EFI Live a very hard time about the T43 and just want to say thanks again for coming through big time.

GMPX
April 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
I gave EFI Live a very hard time about the T43
Water off a ducks back :grin:

I must confess I had forgotten that I'd been working on more than just the TCC slip stuff, T43 has been a long work in progress update.
The feedback on the ECM Torque model has been great, I think this was definitely a step in the right direction in making the T43 work with us, not against us.
At the same time as the T43 updates I was also mapping the T76 which is very similar to the T43 but for FWD cars, like the Turbo Buick, Cruze etc.

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/T76_Shift.png

zbadestz
April 22nd, 2012, 01:55 AM
Ijust put a 2800 yank stall in my 08 A6 T43/E38 vette what would you adjust in Torque convertors? Also Can you post a screen shoot for examples? And +/-'s of what your changing.

Also any pids I should be logging also

Thanks

Rhino79
April 26th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Shift pattern b for the sport mode with 15% Torque model and .15 shift times across the board feels awesome. THen you can set the minimum final timing in the low load cells a little higher in increments to fine tune the firmness of the shifts. I am running 0 down low and 7 on minimum timing at wot.

scottcmb
April 26th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Shift pattern b for the sport mode with 15% Torque model and .15 shift times across the board feels awesome. THen you can set the minimum final timing in the low load cells a little higher in increments to fine tune the firmness of the shifts. I am running 0 down low and 7 on minimum timing at wot.

Can you post up a snapshot of one of your shift time tables and a snapshot of your minimum final timing table please Rhino?

Cheers scotty

Rhino79
April 30th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Im actually trying something different now.....lol. Its in its trial stage and I didn't like the .15 across the board setup. More than 15% tq model and it starts to feel mushy to me. So NOW I am trying .2 to .15 shift times, and about a total sum of 13% tq model but between three of the tq model tables. Here are the tunes.