PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Wont Start

bmjlarsen1
April 21st, 2012, 04:38 AM
i have 2011 silverado 1500 i purchased a auto cal tuner and went through the whole process of getting tunes for it, i have finally got the tunes in and downloaded them to my auto cal went to the the truck and installed them on the truck, the transmission tune downloaded fine but the engine tune not so much once it flashed the program it brought up a code $06FF and now my wont start.

has anyone had this problem before

Taz
April 21st, 2012, 07:08 AM
I know very little about the AutoCal ... other than that your direct product support should come from whoever sold the AutoCal to you.

I believe $06FF is a Checksum error.

Regards,
Taz

GMPX
April 21st, 2012, 09:58 AM
That is a checksum failure error, meaning the ECM was not flashed correctly, you should just retry the flash again.

bmjlarsen1
April 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
None of that helped very much, the direct support is via email. They replied I guess they have to contact the manufacturer, if anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks you for the help so far.

Blacky
April 21st, 2012, 05:29 PM
Can you please copy the *.ctz (tune file) from your AutoCal to your PC and email it to me at paul@efilive.com.
Please also send me the *.ctz (tune file) that your tuner sent to you - i.e. the one that you would have copied to your AutoCal device.

I need to be able to compare the file that your tuner sent to you against the file that is now stored on your AutoCal device - just in case in the process of copying to your AutoCal the file somehow got corrupted.

Regards
Paul

bmjlarsen1
April 22nd, 2012, 01:44 AM
hey Paul thanks for the support, Justin from black bear got back with me lastnight and we got the problem resolved, i guess the version i had was to new for my truck so he reprogrammed a older model. so its back and running and running good, hey Paul i have a question what can you tell me about the E38-E67 OS upgrade i have read through the tutorial about it on EFILive and i think that it wold be really nice to have a on board tune with a push of a button, have you heard of any problems with it.

Thanks Brandon

GMPX
April 22nd, 2012, 01:48 AM
Justin from black bear got back with me lastnight and we got the problem resolved,
Good to hear you are up and running again.

i think that it wold be really nice to have a on board tune with a push of a button, have you heard of any problems with it.
You might have to expand on your thoughts, I'm not quite following what would happen when you 'push a button'.

bmjlarsen1
April 22nd, 2012, 02:10 AM
http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/E38-E67%20Custom%20OS%20Upgrade%20Tutorial.pdf

if you go to that link it will tell you all about it its pretty cool check it out