PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 1.4 turbo log please - Boosted '12 Cruze

Boost
April 23rd, 2012, 05:56 AM
Midday long drive, around 83 degrees Farenheit ambient temp, relative low feeling humidity (for us, probably high for most places) elevation sea level (Miami). I tried to include many various driving conditions, saw a max of 22.4 PSI Boost, and 183 observed Torque (up from 144 stock). Max Knock Retard was 2.6 Degrees, saw a steady 1.0-1.5 under load @ part / full throttle though. The cat. converter did not overheat and the max IAT of 145 degrees Farenheit is very consistent with what I have been seeing stock and with previous tunes. No clearly audible ping, I am running 1/4 tank of 93 octane Chevron. Felt clean and quick, mileage around 29 MPG, also not much change. Had one hesitation type event at high RPM / speed gear shift type scenario, felt this several times before under similar conditions, still trying to figure out what it is. It is in the beginning of the log the first time I reach 90 mph. Car is '12 Cruze LTZ RS Automatic, 100% stock hardware and 2900 miles on odometer. Thanks a lot for looking and even more for comments / insights!

Boost
April 29th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I made several changes to the tune yesterday and logged significantly more power on less boost.