PDA

View Full Version : Truck losing power... any tips?

LBZoom
April 27th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Hey Guys,
I've got a customer with a 2006 5.9, dually....

We've tried a couple different tunes, they start off really strong and run great for about 30 minutes great, then it loses power and boost..... no DTC's set or stored...

Fuel pressure is at 160mpa currently, max pulse time of 3200mS, wastegate max duty set at 80%...... all fuel limiters that I could find are set to 145mm3

I'm sure I'm just overlooking something like a limiter, but any pointers would sure help, he lives a ways away and I'd like to get him wrapped up and back to full power.

Thanks! :cheers:

noff
April 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM
are u actully seeing a loss like as in comand fuel or ur duration, or just in the sop feel

700kenny
April 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
with 3200 pulse I assume you have stock injectors?

Dmaxink
April 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Post the datalog and lets go from there.

LBZoom
April 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Well that's just it, it always happens after I head home so I have no logs :/

And yes that's stock injectors. All I have to go on is his word at the moment, but he said when it happens he loses 6-7psi of boost, as soon as we re-flash it everything comes back to life and runs fine for the time that we drive it.

And I made the mistake of reflashing it last time without logging it in it's depressed state.... whoops.

Dmaxink
April 30th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Only way to know is by datalog of mm3, pressure, and duration...let us know when you get it