PDA

View Full Version : LMM Throwing codes even though they are turned off. Nothing but issues.

Mitco39
April 27th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I have been having nothing but issues with the LMM's lately. No matter the truck and the operating system it will continue to throw codes that I have explicitly turned off (I have about 80-100 LMMs under my belt, so I am not new to this). Just today I had a truck go into limp mode because of an underboost condition, a code that I verified was turned to not report. I had the limits set at 30 seconds for the code to set (although this should be moot with the code turned off). but yet the code came up on the scan tool and caused the truck to limp.

Is anyone else having issues like this with the last few releases? Could a faulty install on my new computer be causing this? I have never had this problem before and now trucks with identical tunes from previous years of tuning are giving me nothing but issues.

Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 29th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Yes and No,

I am not running a current release on my tuning computer as I do mostly LB7/LLY truck with a V1, but my desktop runs V2/current release for LBZ/LMM tuning for my email customers and Auto-Cal customers.

It happened to me on three different trucks, did they ever have a tuner on them before EFI-Live ?

If so you will need a "clean file" from either TIS or from someone who has a stock untouched tune file.

P0299 is the code I would suspect and it is turned off in the DTC list.

What are the segments/OS and I will see if I have a compatible stock tune to email to you.

Mitco39
April 29th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the reply,

I have taken tunes straight from tunefiledepot because that was the first thing I was thinking. If the read somehow got corrupt then you could have issues with the tune. The 3 trucks that I am having issues with to the best of the customers knowledge were completely stock. I have tried the 8594 and 7083 OS's with the exact same issue. I now have 3 trucks out there that are causing me nothing but issues. It seemed to all start around build 8 or 9 of the RC. I have started to stay away from tuning any more LMMs till I can be sure I have a fix for this.

Thank you,

Mitch

Mitco39
May 1st, 2012, 01:56 AM
For the solution to this please see this thread as it was related to this
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18803-P0606-stalling-engine-on-a-2008-LMM