PDA

View Full Version : Additonal Logging PIDS

Redline Motorsports
April 29th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I see we can log "reported" torque but where is commanded?

Also can we log both commanded and actual shift times??

I'm either missing it OR I'm MISSING IT!

Thanks

Howard

Redline Motorsports
April 29th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Ok so....found these.....

TRQENG_C (Engine Actual Steady State Torque)
TRQDES (Desired Torque)
TRQTRANS (Delivered Torque)

While logging in the shop I see that both the TRQENG_C and TRQTRANS both show data.

The TRQDES shows nothing. Its raining here so I can't confirm if the vehicle needs to be rolling or not to read.

What is difference between Delivered Torque and Actual Torque? I'm assuming we need to see a "commanded" torque value somewhere.......would think its the "desired" PID...

Anyone able to clarify?

Thanks

Howard

GMPX
April 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Unfortunately GM have lots of torque PID's defined for the ECM's. Some are valid but report nothing useful.
I suspect you are looking at this for the purposes of the Torque Model, if so then for the following ECM's this is what you need to log as this is reporting the final value from those tables.

E37, E38, E67 use PID:
GM.TRQENG_C "Engine Actual Steady State Torque"

E39, E78, E83 use PID:
GM.TQACT2 "Engine Torque Actual B"

Sorry there is no consistency with this, but it comes down to what PID's GM define an ECM to report as supported.

Redline Motorsports
April 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Ross

What is the difference between those two PIDs I noted above? They track close to each other but not exact especially she the throttle is whacked.

Is it possible to get the PIDs for commanded and actual shift times??

Thanks

HT

scottcmb
April 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
In V8 BBL i log with pid "SHIFTLAST" Last shift time and "GEAR" together .......works fine for me :)

Cheers Scotty

Redline Motorsports
April 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM
In V8 BBL i log with pid "SHIFTLAST" Last shift time and "GEAR" together .......works fine for me :)

Cheers Scotty

I guess it's time to start playing with BBL....I've been letting it sit until it was more integrated with software ... Apparently that's where all the cool PIDS are at. Is there a down and dirty tutorial on the logging?

HT

scottcmb
April 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I guess it's time to start playing with BBL....I've been letting it sit until it was more integrated with software ... Apparently that's where all the cool PIDS are at. Is there a down and dirty tutorial on the logging?

HT

I dont think there is a tutorial.....but put it this way......this no nothing newbie found it easy to understand when first getting EFI LIVE.......just open up V8 and select BBL....then select your ecm and tcm and the pid list will come up on the right hand side........choose the pids you want to the left hand side window ....note that there is a bar indicator at the bottom 1 for ecm and 1 for tcm......as you select your pids to the left window the bar indicator starts to fill up.....when they are full thats the maximum amount of pids you can select....when you have what you want....save it as a file.......and then plug your V2 in and program the pid list into it........have your SD card in place in the V2........leave ya laptop behind and go out logging with just your V2 plugged into your vehicle......to log.....just follow the selections on your V2...easy as!!.....when finished logging.....hit the cancel key on the V2.....it will stop logging and save it as a file on your SD card.........if you want to pause logging.....hit the ok key.....resume is hit the ok key again..

hope this helps
Cheers Scotty

Redline Motorsports
April 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Well I think because I've been watching BBL from the beginning and watched bits and pieces....it's obviously evolved to that point....gonna play with it tomorrow.

scottcmb
April 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Well I think because I've been watching BBL from the beginning and watched bits and pieces....it's obviously evolved to that point....gonna play with it tomorrow.

Hope you find it useful.......i think its brilliant!!!!!

Redline Motorsports
May 1st, 2012, 04:32 AM
Just had to run a quick errand and grabbed the laptop;

The PID TRQENG_C reads values....saw a max number of 1128 at one point
The PID TRQTRANS reads values.....it just flat out maxes at 640
The PID TRQDES.....reads nothing

Is TRQTRANS hard coded to max at that value? I assume the TRQENG_C is the real torque (or assumed) that the engine is producing in raw format.

How can we really confirm that shifting the Engine Airflow Torque table in the ECM is shifting the true airflow properly?

Also the PID GM.TFT reads nothing but 32 degrees F.....

I think the DESIRED TORQUE PID would be helpful....

Howard

600+duramax
May 2nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Just had to run a quick errand and grabbed the laptop;

The PID TRQENG_C reads values....saw a max number of 1128 at one point
The PID TRQTRANS reads values.....it just flat out maxes at 640
The PID TRQDES.....reads nothing

Is TRQTRANS hard coded to max at that value? I assume the TRQENG_C is the real torque (or assumed) that the engine is producing in raw format.

How can we really confirm that shifting the Engine Airflow Torque table in the ECM is shifting the true airflow properly?

Also the PID GM.TFT reads nothing but 32 degrees F.....

I think the DESIRED TORQUE PID would be helpful....

Howard

This is the same result I cam up with. The trans torque reading remained the same while the engine torque reading goes up? Doesn't seem to work as advertised?

600+duramax
May 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Ok I messed with this table some more and it made a huge difference on how the trans shifts. The trans torque table pid still maxed out at 640ftlbs.

Redline Motorsports
May 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Ok I messed with this table some more and it made a huge difference on how the trans shifts. The trans torque table pid still maxed out at 640ftlbs.

Has to be a hard limit or a table we can't see and adjust...