PDA

View Full Version : Cos full flash

Mike@Vengeance
April 30th, 2012, 12:57 AM
GUYS I pulled up a COS file to do the FULL FLASH but the FULL FLASH Tune option is not avalible. I then pulled up several other COS files and now none of my COS files have the FULL FLASH Icon working.

Any Ideas

I am going back to my house now to get another Computer to try.

Thanks

joecar
April 30th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Sanity checks:
- is the tunetool connected to the PCM (green connrect button in upper left)...?
- is PCMpowered up (iginition switch on)...?
- is FlashScan powering up...?

(I have fallen into a holes like this before)

Mike@Vengeance
April 30th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joecar I am in a major bind.

I just updated to 198 on my Desktop first and no luck did the same on laptop and no luck?

Right now I am just sitting in my office. I am not hooked up to a car. I grab another EFI LIVE BOX to also rule out mine (which is a Commercial Unit)

The V2 is powered up. I went and go another laptop from home to load and try and not luck?

If I open ANY COS file I can not get a full flash ICON?

Mike@Vengeance
April 30th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Restaring my PC now

joecar
April 30th, 2012, 03:02 AM
You have to be connected to a PCM (either in vehicle or thru bench harness)(i.e. PCM has to be powered up)...

Off topic:

you might want to update your software...

download/install the latest builds (V7 build 204 and V8 build 195) from the downloads page at www.efilive.com

then reflash the V2 firmware from the V8 build 195 (there have been several 2.07.27 firmware versions).

joecar
April 30th, 2012, 03:03 AM
If you're powering your V2 from the USB cable only, the the red ETC folders should show up, but the flash buttons will still be greyed out.

If you're connecting your V2 to a powered up PCM, then the flash buttons should become active.

Mike@Vengeance
April 30th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joecar thanks for the response. Not sure what I did or how I did it but it works NOW.