PDA

View Full Version : Licensing question

Cougar281
February 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
First, your product looks like an awesome one... So that said, for the licensing, since you give two tuning licenses by default, would it be allowable, if two people where to go in together to buy the kit, to get two interfaces (obviously for a bit more $$) and one get one license and the other get the second? OR a lower price for just one license? I don't know about others, but I, for one, only have one vehicle that can be tuned with EFILive (2004 LLY Duramax) and I think there are a few people nearby, but having to rely on one person being available when the other wants to get the interface/tinker with their tune could be a pain.

Wasted Income
February 7th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I also have a license related question.

When my cable is full with 25 licenses, how do I get more? New cable? What is the cost of that?

Thanks,
Jeff

jsttry
February 7th, 2006, 11:09 PM
http://www.efilive.com/upgrade_policy.html

"If you want to tune more than 25 PCMs you will need to either upgrade to the unlimited Workshop version (discounted as above) or purchase another Personal or Commercial cable that you can fill with another 25 PCM licenses."

Black02SS
February 8th, 2006, 12:03 AM
The new V2 interface will eliminate the 25 license limit.

Wasted Income
February 8th, 2006, 12:26 AM
http://www.efilive.com/upgrade_policy.html

"If you want to tune more than 25 PCMs you will need to either upgrade to the unlimited Workshop version (discounted as above) or purchase another Personal or Commercial cable that you can fill with another 25 PCM licenses."

Yeah thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. I don't want to upgrade to Workshop (yet), but does that mean I'll be out another $700 or $850 to use more than 25 licenses? Or can I simply buy the cable and keep going?

Black02SS
February 8th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Yeah thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. I don't want to upgrade to Workshop (yet), but does that mean I'll be out another $700 or $850 to use more than 25 licenses? Or can I simply buy the cable and keep going?
If you upgrade your existing box to the new V2 interface, you will be set.

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Exactly what BlackO2SS said.

To upgrade a Personal or Commercial cable to FlashScan V2 is much cheaper than purchasing a new V1 (or V2) cable. All existing licenses are tranferred to the new cable and you just keep going from there.

One thing to note is this:

With FlashScan V1 you can apply a maximum of 75 PCM licenses (at 80% of face value) towards a Workshop discount. That's a maximum of 80%*$99*75 = $5,940 discount from the V1 Workshop price.

Because FlashScan V2 Workshop licenses are tiered, there is a limit to the number of licenses that can be applied to a FlashScan V2 Workshop license. The limit is that you can only obtain up to 50%* off the retail cost of the particular Workshop combination that you are purchasing. This is because some V2 Workshop licensing schemes are cheaper than the $5,940 discount you can achieve with FlashScan V1. Which would mean EFILive would be paying you to upgrade - and that's just not good business.

* EFILive reserves the right to change that limit prior to releasing FlashScan V2.

Once our new web site comes on line you can see the tiered price structure for the Workshop version and you can calculate which upgrade path is best for your situation. We've tried to make it as simple and flexible and cost effective as possible.

In other news, anyone who has a Workshop version prior to V2 being released will get a *killer* deal on the upgrade to FlashScan V2. Our Workshop customers are important to us and the Workshop upgrade deal reflects that.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
First, your product looks like an awesome one... So that said, for the licensing, since you give two tuning licenses by default, would it be allowable, if two people where to go in together to buy the kit, to get two interfaces (obviously for a bit more $$) and one get one license and the other get the second? OR a lower price for just one license? I don't know about others, but I, for one, only have one vehicle that can be tuned with EFILive (2004 LLY Duramax) and I think there are a few people nearby, but having to rely on one person being available when the other wants to get the interface/tinker with their tune could be a pain.

There is currently no option with EFILive to purchase a second cable for use with an existing product.

As for the 2 PCM licenses, BOTH PCM licenses have been bundled with the EFILive tuning package free of charge. It's not like EFILive costs $501 with two $99 PCM licenses stuck on top. The EFILive package costs $699 with or without the two free PCM licenses.

However, I know how you feel though, when I see two items stuck together in a store for $10, and I only want 1, then I think why can't I purchase just 1 for $5. Unfortunately that's not the way "add on extras" work. The add on extras are merely an incentive to purchase the original product.

Regards
Paul