GMPX
February 8th, 2006, 10:40 AM
:coool:

Go to http://www.efilive.com/

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
February 8th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Its looking might good over here in the US. Awsome job once again.

Tordne
February 8th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Yup, seems that DNS has almost finished propagating the world over :)

TAQuickness
February 8th, 2006, 11:26 AM
SHINOLA!!! I still get the old site :bawl:

Tordne
February 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM
I was getting the old one for a while.. Then I forced my DNS server to flush its cache and away I went :). You won't be able to do that at your work LOL

joecar
February 8th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I just got the new site...

Speechless, mate, speechless...
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Black02SS
February 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM
SHINOLA!!! I still get the old site :bawl:

Thats your luck Andy. :muahaha:

TAQuickness
February 8th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Thats your luck Andy. :muahaha:

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck ;)

emarkay
February 8th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Hasn't migrated here (South Indiana) yet, and Win98SE doesn't have a DNS cache...

Black02SS
February 8th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Hasn't migrated here (South Indiana) yet, and Win98SE doesn't have a DNS cache...
Isn't that weird.

Tordne
February 8th, 2006, 01:28 PM
TAQuickness is hooked up now :banana:

eboggs_jkvl
February 8th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Do I need to register there? IT doesn't seem to allow me to sign on with my e-mail and PW.

E:)

TAQuickness
February 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM
TAQuickness is hooked up now :banana:

Makes me want to dance with a banana:banana:

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Do I need to register there? IT doesn't seem to allow me to sign on with my e-mail and PW.

E:)

You only need to register only if you want to purchase anything in the online store. We did not convert customer details from our old store to the new one.

I am still working on the best way to customers to sign up for news alerts... I may end up doing it via the forum rather than the web site.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I was getting the old one for a while.. Then I forced my DNS server to flush its cache and away I went :). You won't be able to do that at your work LOL

Ok how do I do that? - I'm going through iHug, I still see the old site.
Paul

Tordne
February 8th, 2006, 02:18 PM
You can try running "ipconfig /flushdns" on your workstation provided it is XP (or perhaps 2000).

Also check the IP address returned from the command "nslookup www.efilive.com". The IP address I get returned is 209.132.211.161.

If you don't have your own DNS server and rely on your ISP (in your case iHug) you'll just have to wait till the TTL expires and it refreshes the address in cache :bawl:

Tordne
February 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Oh, forgot to ask... Has the forum been moved over to the new server as well or is the address going to be 'efiforum.iqd.co.nz' ongoing? The previous address of 'http://www.efilive.com/forum/' doesn't work/redirect now that you are on the new server.

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Oh, forgot to ask... Has the forum been moved over to the new server as well or is the address going to be 'efiforum.iqd.co.nz' ongoing? The previous address of 'http://www.efilive.com/forum/' doesn't work/redirect now that you are on the new server.

It should move across - I'll check with the web guys.
Paul

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 03:19 PM
You can try running "ipconfig /flushdns" on your workstation provided it is XP (or perhaps 2000).

That did the trick - or else it was an amazing timing coincendence. Thanks.
Paul

Ninety8C5
February 8th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I used the "ipconfig /flushdns" command and like you I now can get to the new website. I don't think it was a coincidence twice, but who knows.:nixweiss:

Either way the new website looks great ! :rockon:

I clicked on something on the new website which put me back on the old website. After that I could not get back to the new website. I re-did the 'ipconfig' command and I now have access to the new site.

Tordne
February 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Man, I should work in IT ;)

The other thing that might happen is your request is satisfied out of browser cache. Try pressing CTRL+F5 on the page to force a full refresh of the page.

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I clicked on something on the new website which put me back on the old website. After that I could not get back to the new website. I re-did the 'ipconfig' command and I now have access to the new site.

If you find the link again let me know where it is so I can tell someone and have it fixed.
Thanks.

Blacky
February 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Also note: the Store is not 100% operational until the secure sockets layer (SSL) is in place. You can browse the store but not purchase anything. Any orders that made it through before then (and some did) will still be processed.

Regards
Paul

John Skiba
February 8th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Also note: the Store is not 100% operational until the secure sockets layer (SSL) is in place. You can browse the store but not purchase anything. Any orders that made it through before then (and some did) will still be processed.

Regards
Paul

Discard my last email. ;)

Ninety8C5
February 9th, 2006, 02:36 AM
It looks like when I click on anything under "Latest News" on the right side of the page below "Shopping Cart", I get the following error message "c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\benmarino\efi24jan\ skins\skin_3\news2.ascx ". This happens for all three items under "Latest News".

emarkay
February 9th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Finally - but oh holy hellions - it's another of these Flash sites! (After dealing with the USAF Thunderbirds on this, I have given up....)

Aside from the overhead, Flash leaves tracks - Yes, they DO offer a way to clear it's history, but it's deeply embedded at the Macromedia site.

I'll see how far I can get with it disabled, as I am wont to do in these instances. (Yea, I can manage, but then, there's those Javascript linkages... )

Yea, I'm the resident complainer.... MRK

PS, There's a few typos, and
"http://www.efilive.com/news.aspx" and "http://www.efilive.com/downloads.aspx"
"http://www.efilive.com/products.aspx" all crash.

GMPX
February 9th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Funny how these things show up.........but only when the rest of the world has access to them!

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - MRK, stop being so paranoid.

VetPet
February 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Just want to offer my congratulations on the new site guys. It looks great!

:rockon: