PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm just stoopid

C6Guy
May 6th, 2012, 05:35 AM
But I haven't found any good instruction in the manual for using the Scan Tool to read DTC's and display them. Is there an explaination anywhere that tells me how to simply read codes from the car?

Also, is there any way I can read and/or reset the fault codes from the BCM on a C6 Corvette? Any an all help appreciated.

minytrker
May 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Read the manual for the scan tool. It will tell you.

C6Guy
May 6th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Read the manual for the scan tool. It will tell you.

Thanks, but I thought I said in my post that I didn't find it in the manual anywhere. Could someone just tell me how you read the DTC codes and if you can get them from the BCM?

Tordne
May 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM
From the FlashScan V2 you can read DTC codes by pressing F3->F2->F1

Int he Scan Tool software connect to the vehicle, change to the F7 OBDII tab, change to the DTC subsection and then press Shift+F8

C6Guy
May 6th, 2012, 10:05 AM
From the FlashScan V2 you can read DTC codes by pressing F3->F2->F1

Int he Scan Tool software connect to the vehicle, change to the F7 OBDII tab, change to the DTC subsection and then press Shift+F8

Thank you very much, that worked. I assume the flash scan can't read BCM DTC codes, correct?

Tordne
May 6th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Sorry forgot to comment on BCM :)

So, BCM codes "may" be displayed. The reason for the "may" comes down to the following:
- The DTC codes will be shown only on a single bus protocol. For instance a CAN vehicle will not see DTCs from modules on any VPW bus.
- FlashScan V2 will show codes from the first 8 modules on the bus. There is no telling what these modules actually might be as it could be vehicles and/or manufacturer specific.