PDA

View Full Version : Can't find some pids for VET tuning

myws6formula
May 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I was selecting pids and when I got to the selection "tuning" section of pids its not in the drop down menu and manually looking for the pids such as CALC.LTFTBEN I cant find them. I copied the Calc pids text file over to the configuration folder (also changed to match my analog WB) as I thought I should have. was there more to it than just moving it into the folder?

myws6formula
May 8th, 2012, 05:02 AM
humm tried again and now they are there. however I dont think I understand what to copy in for the narrow band

joecar
May 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Can you post your calc_pids.txt file.

... however I dont think I understand what to copy in for the narrow bandCopy to where (can you give me more context)...?

myws6formula
May 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM

under CLC-00-110 I pasted {GM.EQIVRATIO}*({CALC.AFR_LC11}/14.7) over the original formula

then I changed the description to "BEN from Analog WB" thinking that was the reason but that didn't work.

actually after the final change I got an error opening the scan tool up so I reverted back.

joecar
May 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Ok, I fixed up your calc_pids.txt (the closing quote " on CLC-00-110 had fallen onto the next line), see attached, please try this.

myws6formula
May 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Thank you ! that did the trick.

myws6formula
May 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I haven't had a chance to do any logs yet but I was wondering a couple things... 1st do I have to disable the MAF or MAP when logging?

I thought the point of this was that you didn't have to do anything other than log and take the average from each map when done with a 45-60 min log

2nd question is since I have a Road Runner can I set it up for this for real time tuning? it would seem I could only run one map at a time though

joecar
May 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM
With Calc.VET you can leave the VE enabled because the transient filter throws away any contribution from the VE

[ Calc.VET corrects the MAF, this requires all the airmass to come from the MAF only;
MAF is used exclusively above 4000 rpm and during steady state below 4000 rpm;
so when you apply the transient filter it removes transient data (where the VE was used), so only the MAF data remains ]

joecar
May 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Yes, you could use the RoadRunner to correct the MAF using Calc.VET... I haven't done this yet, you would have to study the RoadRunner subforum;

the calculated VE table could be applied from a log taken later after the MAF was corrected...

( or you could disable the MAF and use the RoadRunner to correct the VE )

if you're going to correct the MAF using Calc.VET with the RoadRunner, then I would recommend disabling the VE first (set B0120 to zero).

myws6formula
May 10th, 2012, 01:35 PM
ok thanks.

would almost seem as thought its faster / simple not to use the road runner. unless you could open both the maf and ve table at the same time.

myws6formula
May 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM

finally had some time I could take the car out for logs and never left the driveway :(

Im having issues getting the wb to work with the pid selection?

when I select the wb it will not show as a valid working pid even in record. now if I just select the wb pids for lc1 it shows up

joecar
May 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Do you mean the pid CALC.AFR_LC11...? This pid requires the pid EXT.AD1 to be valid... did you do Info->Validate Pids...?

joecar
May 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Im having issues getting the wb to work with the pid selection?Are you referring to the pids CALC.AFR_LC11 amd CALC.WO2BEN...?

( you don't want or need the pid CALC.BEN_LC11 )

when I select the wb it will not show as a valid working pid even in record. now if I just select the wb pids for lc1 it shows upWhich pid specifically...?

Which pids...?

joecar
May 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM
I see the pid CALC.WO2BEN showing up (using the calc_pids.txt file from post #5 above):

CALC.AFR_LC11 is invalid because you didn't select the pid EXT.AD1.

CALC.BEN_LC11 we're not interested in it.

joecar
May 21st, 2012, 02:51 PM
When a pid says it's invalid (has a red X thru it), do rightclick->More Info on it to see why.

myws6formula
May 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM
originally I started out with the pids just as tutorial and the bottom two were not valid. usually when I have a pid that is not valid it becomes valid by just connecting to the car and either recording or paused.

I will take a look again tomorrow so I can be more specific as to what originally was not showing up and had me chasing my tail trying pids

joecar
May 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
ok.

myws6formula
May 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM

ok, I right clicked like you said and I think I got them now

myws6formula
May 27th, 2012, 02:41 AM
13251 log

13252 tune

I took this log today and wanted some input before I transfer data into the VE and MAF tables.

one thing I saw was some knock and didn't know if I should be really concerned with it or if it may be false knock.

joecar
May 28th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm out of town for a few days, I'll get back with you in a day or so...

myws6formula
May 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
thanks