PDA

View Full Version : Update woes, claims V7.5 not found.

durallymax
May 8th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Well my efi live is turning into a headache again. seems every major update comes with a lot of pains, like having a kid I would guess.

I updated to the new V8 to install some pre-made tunes that were in V8. After getting the issues worked out there somewhat I thought and basically deciding that flashing that LLY through the OBDII just wasn't going to work, I moved onto the next job. Needed to use the scan tool. problem is that my version of it was out of date and wouldn't work with the recently updated V2 I haven't stayed frequent with the updates as I don't use it everyday. So I uninstalled V7.5, downloaded the new version from the site, installed it and then proceeded to try to use the V2 in the scan tool. Still says out of date so I checked for updates and it says there is a new version. It starts the update process and gets part way through, then quits and says V7.5 not found on computer. Rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled and tried again. same thing.

At this point I have no EFI Live. I need to scan some things on a truck today. I would like to use the scan tool if possible. If I need to, maybe Ill learn tyhe black box logging. But with the first sunny rain free day in a couple weeks, I'm not going to have that kind of time. I just need to check the injectors and rail pressure. It would be nice to be able to use the DVT to ramp the pressure, but at this point I just need something to go off of or Ill have to just send him to the dealer.

Thanks much.

joecar
May 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Can you manually download and install from here: downloads page (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

joecar
May 8th, 2012, 05:09 AM
1. install/update V7 software,
2. install/update V8 software,
3. update bootblock,
4. update firmware,

5. Save BBx Options to file,
6. Save Device Settings to file,
7. format the Config space,
8. reprogram BBx Options to V2,
9. reprogram Device Settings to V2.

If you have older build versions then update does not work (manual install required); update works on the later builds.

joecar
May 8th, 2012, 05:10 AM
What V7/V8 build versions are you at...? What is your firmware version...?

durallymax
May 8th, 2012, 08:55 AM
That is where I downloaded the full version from. I did it on Friday afternoon though. Around 5pm cst. I see it lists may 5th as the latest version. I installed the new version I downloaded on Friday after uninstalling the old version. This was on Saturday though which would probably explain why there was an update. Ill try manually downloading it and see if that helps.

I'm guessing my v7.5 must be one build older than the current one. V8, firmware and bootblack were all updated around 7pm cst on may 5th.

Thanks. Ill try it all again when I get a chance.

joecar
May 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
After you updated V7/V8 software, did you flash the firmware into V2...?