PDA

View Full Version : Cyl. Balance Test

FstBlkZ28
February 9th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I just got done doing a cylinder balance test out of curiousity. Expected everything to look alright since the car runs great. But the results scare the hell outa me ...

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/9815/baltest8ic.jpg

Any insight on what this means, when the car appears to be running fine?

Black02SS
February 9th, 2006, 01:43 PM
How many times did you run the test? If it was more then once, were the results similar?

WicketMike
February 9th, 2006, 02:03 PM
you need to close flashscan and reopen it and do the test over,

its the flashscan messing up , its not putting the bars all the way across for some reason. ive had this happen also

FstBlkZ28
February 9th, 2006, 03:11 PM
you need to close flashscan and reopen it and do the test over,

its the flashscan messing up , its not putting the bars all the way across for some reason. ive had this happen also

Thats a relief! I'll go check it again, b/c I only ran it once ... I was like wtf is wrong w/ my car:muahaha:

Thanks guys.

FstBlkZ28
February 9th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Ok, I went out and ran the test again ... it kept doing the same thing a few times. So I restarted flash scan and then turned the IAC down to where it usually runs at idle, and ran the test again and it worked just fine. All my cylinders are pretty even with the exception of #3 that was just a tad behind the rest of them.

I'm not really concerned b/c its nothing close to being a drastic difference, but what could cause it? Dirty/Clogged Injector?

aaronr
December 27th, 2007, 06:58 PM
where do you find this test at

joecar
December 28th, 2007, 01:21 AM
In scantool go Bidirectional->Cylinder Balance Test.

thunderstruck507
June 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
what does it mean if this test is not there?

someone told me there should be several tests there but I do no have any...I am using the v2 scan/tune tools on a ls1

ScarabEpic22
June 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Its in the DVT control panel now, open the Scan Tool up, click the "DVT (F12)" tab, select your LS1 controller and activate it. Should be in one of those sub-tabs for the DVT (Dynamic Vehicle Testing) tabs.

joecar
June 9th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Since the end of last year, it has changed a bit...

See this thread: showthread.php?p=96607 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=96607)