PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Stick or hang?????

johnj
May 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I recently tuned a truck for a friend of mine set up is very similar to mine mines manual vs his auto 100hp inj twin turbos and every thing to support it. I really liked the way my truck runs so i transferd timing fuel and throttle tables over to his stock tune. When your going down the road in his say about 50 and let off the throttle its like the cruise is on and it keeps pulling unless you put it in neutral and it will come out of it. Any ideas? It free revs perfectly fine comes right back down will only do it if the truck is driving

DoghouseDiesel
May 8th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Sounds like ya copied a Smarty file.

KDubya
May 8th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I'd flash in a known good stock file and start over.

2007 5.9
May 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Ditch the bad base tune and use a fresh file...don't script to the new one...go through table by table and transfer the info.

johnj
May 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
ok so my buddy said he had some issues removing his smarty before he brought it over. i guess it eventually went back to stock he says. could there still be a smarty file in the ecm or something if so do any of yall have a stock 06 auto file that you could post.

ScarabEpic22
May 9th, 2012, 09:17 AM
TuneFileDepot.com

If that doesnt fix it, he'll need to have the dealer flash it back to stock, then you can tune it.

700kenny
May 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM
TuneFileDepot.com

If that doesnt fix it, he'll need to have the dealer flash it back to stock, then you can tune it.

when using a tune from this site,what needs done before it can be flashed? In v7 I entered the correct vin number, should any else be changed like the (Calibration OS,)

DoghouseDiesel
May 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM
ok so my buddy said he had some issues removing his smarty before he brought it over. i guess it eventually went back to stock he says. could there still be a smarty file in the ecm or something if so do any of yall have a stock 06 auto file that you could post.

That's your problem right there. It's not acually back to stock.

You REALLY need to tell him to go to the dealer and get a factory fresh flash.

This is a known issue with Smarty.

johnj
May 10th, 2012, 12:52 AM
ok so used the 409 os file that doghouse posted on here a while ago and that fixed the problem really appreciate all the help and quick response you guys are awsome

Mitco39
May 10th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Why can you not just full flash a stock tune from the tunefile depot in there? and then use that as your base. Why must the dodge guys go to a dealer for a reflash?

DoghouseDiesel
May 10th, 2012, 10:01 AM
The problem is that EFILive only tunes the ECM, not the TIPM or the ABS module like some of the other tuners do, so you're not correcting the issues that remain.

The real problem is that setting back to stock, isn't REALLY stock. There are some ghosts left over than cause some rather undesirable characteristics to remain.

Unless you have a truck that is totally virgin and hasn't been tuned with some of the more popular tuners out there, it's a good idea to get a factory fresh flash so that ALL of the trucks modules are fresh and there aren't any ghosts left over.

relay93
July 11th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Well I just got back from a trip to the Ozark Mountain area around Bull Shoals Ark. and the Branson Mo. area. The tune I received from Silver Bullet did great. I did experience a throttle hang at lower RPMs. I have read on this post that I should get a reflash. The factory tune had a check sum error and that is what I sent to Les and the tune I received did not have the error. Les also sent me a stock tune with no check sum error and I did flash that to the ECM. So I guess the question is do I sneed to go to the dealer and have them flash the ECM or can I use the file from the tune depot. I thought I about reading the stock file from my friends 2007 and using that as a base file but not real sure what all I need to do change for the use in an 2006.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Roger

2007 5.9
July 12th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Roger,

I'll send you a new OS with your tune. I'll do a OS that I know doesn't have hang.

I didn't know you were having issues...

relay93
July 12th, 2012, 05:16 AM
I didn't know I had a problem until I read this post. It has only done this one time without the trailer hooked up. I just appreciate your willingness to send out new OS with tune, which equals great service.

Thanks again for your help.