PDA

View Full Version : Buying a license

K80
May 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM
A friend of mine asked me to take a look into tuning/logging his 07 5.3 pickup. Can someone give a dummy instructions on how to go about purchasing a license? I purchased EFI with 2 cummins licenses. I've searched but didn't find how to go about this. Thanks.

minytrker
May 9th, 2012, 02:50 PM
You don't need a license to log, just to flash. You can buy a license straight off efilive.com or from any dealer like myself.

ScarabEpic22
May 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Well actually it depends, if you just bought the Cummins tuning license then you'll need to buy the $450 upgrade to GM tuning. I cant remember if that comes with an extra VIN license or two, regardless VIN licenses work for both Cummins and GM stuff. You just need to have the tuning license for either Cummins, GM, or have them both.

But you can log it as much as you want, clear DTCs, use the DVTs, etc. Just cant flash a tune into it.

K80
May 15th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Well actually it depends, if you just bought the Cummins tuning license then you'll need to buy the $450 upgrade to GM tuning. I cant remember if that comes with an extra VIN license or two, regardless VIN licenses work for both Cummins and GM stuff. You just need to have the tuning license for either Cummins, GM, or have them both.

But you can log it as much as you want, clear DTCs, use the DVTs, etc. Just cant flash a tune into it.

Exactly. I have a big X on GM tuning in my hardware options. When I clicked on purchase activation code, it linked me to the online store. It was not listed. Who should I get in touch with for this?

ScarabEpic22
May 15th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Um its there for me, go to www.efilive.com, hover over Online Store -> Licenses -> Tuning Licenses. Click the GM Tuning option.

Mitco39
May 15th, 2012, 08:05 AM
The GM unlock will also come with 2 VIN licenses.

K80
May 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks guys. I got it.