PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 swap someone check my ve tune it wont run right

southern
May 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
13122So the 5.3 in my sig hydrolocked and I swapped in a

ls1 heads
219/230 606/605 114+4
with all the bolt ones from the 5.3 plus a walbro

I can flash a new tune in and it seems to run decent for a few miles but it is cutting out and today started going lean like injectors are not opening. pegged my wideband lean and would barely idle. checked for fuel pressure at the rail and it was good. no gauge but plenty pressure. I got to the side of the road and killed it and started it back and started fine and about 2 seconds later lean. Well I flashed my same tune back over it with vats disabled to see if that would help and it made it 25 min drive and only had one miss and it was not bad at all. in the morning on the way to work I expect it to go back to missing tho. so can someone please look over it and see what yall think. And it is setup in ve mode. Thanks

BLK02WS6
May 9th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I can't look at the tune at the moment (at work), but some questions - did you reuse your old injectors? Are you sure the fuel pump install was right? You should put a fuel pressure gage on it and see if fuel pressure is going away when it dies... from what you are describing, sounds like a fuel pressure issue, not a tune issue. I have seen many pump installs be the issue...

southern
May 9th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I will have to find an electric gauge to test it cause it just happens shortly. Yesterday was the only time is leaned out for any real amount of time. But with it pegged lean at idle it still had enough pressure to spray a strong stream out of the test valve. As far as the pump I pulled the old pump and dropped in the walbro zip tied it in and ran a new hose off of it. I reused the injectors I had 8.1l truck injectors they have about 80k on them roughly. And it will do it no matter how much gas is in the tank.

Chuck L.
May 10th, 2012, 06:54 AM
10psi will spray fuel.. Like mentioned, check it w/ a gauge.
U can use a mech gauge w/ a long hose on it. Put it on the w/s, under the wiper, and drive it. Best be at/ real near 58psi, if the system is working correctly.

Last engine "hydrolocked". From fuel inj/wiring failure?
80K on the injs may not be the issue. Have they been sitting for an extended time while you swapped the engines??

U have any data logs??

southern
May 10th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I will see about a gauge tonight as far as Injectors truck was down 5 days. I have some logs but nothing im logging really changes. Ipw rpm afr map duty cycle. You throw something out there to log and I will get you one this afternoon tho.

southern
May 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM
And on the hydrolocked part it came a flood for a few days down here and the road was flooded more then I thought splashed soaked the filter and I bent a rod

Chuck L.
May 13th, 2012, 04:57 AM
You check the fp yet?
Do your logs show voltage?
When you did the swap, did you make sure that all the grounds were clean and tite?
I have installed the Autometer pressure transducer on my fuel system. This allows me to look at the fp as a log point. Works WELL!!:thumb_yello:

southern
May 13th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Have the heads off putting 317s on it as I bought it wih 241s on it and cr with this can is a little high. But I think is is a loose wire somewhere cause it cut the drivers bank all the way off two days and Thursday when that happened I had it at idle and bumped the wire harness by the main coil plug and it started to idle so when I get it buttoned up im going to check it out. Looking a the plugs it was just the drivers side leaning out pass side plugs look great.

Chuck L.
May 13th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Ahh! The feeling of progress!:thumb_yello: